Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Well, my hunch is normally right, and until im proven wrong, ill stick with that feeling.

as far as i remember, he didnt say he wanted to play in Minny during the drafting process. i mean, he can say whatever he wants right now, hes under contract.

its like the FA speculation. they can say whatever they want, but do they really mean it deep inside? nobody knows.

Originally Posted by JD617

Cleveland over Chicago
Orlando over Charlotte
Atlanta over Milwaukee
Boston over Miami

LA over OKC
San Antonio over Dallas
Phoenix over Portland
Utah over Denver

pimp.gif

While watching him at Syracuse I felt like he would be a very good defender and with his athleticism I feel like he still could be but man statistically by just about every measure he has rated as not only a horrendous defender, but one of the worst in the league and the worst at his position. Now this could have to do with him transitioning from play zone to an to man all the time but right now he is getting killed.
I'm curious what Minnesota fans think of him so far?

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

While watching him at Syracuse I felt like he would be a very good defender and with his athleticism I feel like he still could be but man statistically by just about every measure he has rated as not only a horrendous defender, but one of the worst in the league and the worst at his position. Now this could have to do with him transitioning from play zone to an to man all the time but right now he is getting killed.
I'm curious what Minnesota fans think of him so far?
I still think he can develop as a defender...He got abused this year do to his lack of height and transition to man.  I think he is prolly a starting pg just not on a very good team prolly.

Well... I'm trying not to be too harshon Flynn for his poor play for this past season. Partially due to the coaching staff taking full blame for it, and secondly because I am a strong believer in giving guys coming into the league 2-3 years to develop before any conclusions are drawn.

Jonny Flynn had an average rookie season, nothing special. The thing is, a lot of people pegged him the guy that was the most NBA ready rookie, but from what I saw he definitely seemed lost out there on the court more times than not.

If I were to stray from my usual philosophy of not making conclusions right away... I'd probably say that the role that will best suit him in the NBA is as a spark plug off thebench for a contending team. He just isn’t bigenough and doesn’t have the instincts or jump shot to start. I mean, he was one of the worst defenders in the league last year and it wasreally frustrating to see a clearly better facilitator sit on the bench behindFlynn.

I hope he studies and practices hard during the summer so we can see anice jump in his game next year. This year’s draft and FA will help himmore than anything – getting some better talent around him. Learning the 1, the triangle, and a non-Syracuse-zone defense is a lotto pull off for a 21-year old kid. With his athleticism, his ability toget into the paint, and decent shooting ability, it’s hard to thinkhe’s not going to improve.

Time will tell on all of this. Just gotta wait and see how it unfolds.

Tell me Hollinger ain't do an article called "the real West finals?" about his two favorite teams the Suns and the Spurs. 
eyes.gif

God damn I wish that punk @$#+%+#*%@%+ was on NT. 

i wana see a lakers/spurs WCF pretty bad

i can't get myself to care about the suns even though i love nash because he's the funniest dude to ever play in the NBA. i just don't think the suns are a real threat

East Coast Bias maybe, but I'm looking forward to CLE/ORL much more so than LA vs. PHX/SA.

I'll personally love LA vs whoever between the Suns and Spurs.  No worries there. 

But Clev/Orld is going to be a bloodbath and intrigue of the highest proportions.  I can't wait for that series either.  D12 fouling out steppin outta his car is going to be a hoot. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Tell me Hollinger ain't do an article called "the real West finals?" about his two favorite teams the Suns and the Spurs. 
eyes.gif

God damn I wish that punk @$#+%+#*%@%+ was on NT. 

Dude needs to fix his PER. The thing is broken if it says that David Lee and Greg Oden were better offensive players than Kobe and Deron.

God damn I wish that punk #%$!@++$#$## was on NT. 

eek.gif
you'd be all up in his @%% goin HARD! It'd be
roll.gif
hilarious to see

Originally Posted by DLo13

East Coast Bias maybe, but I'm looking forward to CLE/ORL much more so than LA vs. PHX/SA.
That's no EC Bias, because I'm looking forward to that farrrr more too and I have no allegiances to either coast.

I actually want the Lakers to be knocked out
ohwell.gif
... starting to get sick of them. I know they have only been at the top of the West since Pau got there 2.5 years ago, but it feels like they've always been there so it's getting a little tiring. Could be the NE Patriots syndrome.

My ideal conference finals...
CLE/ORL
UTAH/PHX

I can't help but root for the lakers because i want ron artest to win a ring. i like it when defensive players get the acknowledgment they deserve. But i always wanted ewing to get a ring with orlando so i dunno who i would root for if they played each other. i love jameer nelson too.

and of course everyone wants to see cavs/magic. that series is gonna be awesome. so many story lines.

1-lebon 7 years jordan 7 years gotta get that ring
2- did the shaq trade work or was it all for nothing
3- jameer nelson isn't injured this year
4- will vince carter show up? or will wince go 2-12 and not attack the rim. will they miss turk as much as people say?
5- that god damn elbow that i'm sick of hearing about
6- free agency. knick fans gonna be watching close obviously. sure some bulls fans also. will lebrons teammates show up when the real pressure is on? should he stay with them?
7- will mike brown learn to coach?
8- will stan van get some techs?
9- Dwight's foul problems

gonna be something serious if they let them play

IFFFF dwight howard is alowed to play defense. giant, big fat IF

My ideal conference finals...
CLE/ORL
UTAH/PHX
That would basically guarantee an EC Title.  Nobody is hanging with CLE/ORL other than LA.

I still think LA finds a way to get there again.

Who would have thought they would have such a relatively easy path as well?  Dallas and Denver were the only teams capable of truly threatening them IMO.

Denver a bunch of ******s, and Dallas appears to be mental midgets as well. 

It was amusing watching them be gassed up all year though, I enjoyed it. 

If LA makes the finals this year, then they are already done for next year imo.  They barely holdin on/makin it this year.  Can't go to 4 straight finals, at some point, you have got to get that extra month or two of rest that 80% of the league gets.  That's not a slight or a knock at all, it's just fact, tryna go 4 straight finals will prove to be an impossible task for any team, much less an older/experienced team. 
So if they make it this year, they better capitalize, cuz next season will be flushed. 
smh.gif

Denver a bunch of ******s, and Dallas appears to be mental midgets as well. 

It was amusing watching them be gassed up all year though, I enjoyed it. 

If LA makes the finals this year, then they are already done for next year imo.  They barely holdin on/makin it this year.  Can't go to 4 straight finals, at some point, you have got to get that extra month or two of rest that 80% of the league gets.  That's not a slight or a knock at all, it's just fact, tryna go 4 straight finals will prove to be an impossible task for any team, much less an older/experienced team. 
So if they make it this year, they better capitalize, cuz next season will be flushed. 
smh.gif
Yea I have to say I think this is Kobe's final shot at a championship as a #1 option...The amount of basketball he has played over the past couple years is crazy....Two finals + Olympics will wear your body down.

Mine just came in the mail today too, it's a little long so I'll probably order a Large just to have another.

Back
Top Bottom