Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by Proshares

Now that you know it's her Mike try not to get banned.
roll.gif

But Noah>>Kaman...Is Kaman better offensivley, and able to have an offensive run through him?  Without a doubt...But he isn't as good as a complementary piece and his ceiling as a go to guy isn't that high.  Noah, knows his role and there aren't many better at it.  How many big guys get up and down the floor as well as him...In an age when the NBA is getting back to transition basketball and you have a point guard who can literally get up and down the court in a second, Noah is an ideal big.  I would take him on my team over Kaman, 10 times out of 10.
I thought I was losing my mind earlier. At least someone that's not a Bulls fan agrees.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I've been banned for the past 3 days cause of an F Bomb in the Knicks thread
laugh.gif
smh.gif

But Noah>>Kaman...Is Kaman better offensivley, and able to have an offensive run through him?  Without a doubt...But he isn't as good as a complementary piece and his ceiling as a go to guy isn't that high.  Noah, knows his role and there aren't many better at it.  How many big guys get up and down the floor as well as him...In an age when the NBA is getting back to transition basketball and you have a point guard who can literally get up and down the court in a second, Noah is an ideal big.  I would take him on my team over Kaman, 10 times out of 10.

Not surprised a lot of the Noah hate is coming from the same people who used to detest those Florida squads.
Has nothing to do with Noah hate. Horford was on those Florida squad too, and most of us feel he's equal, if not better than Joakim.

And Horford really is an underrated post defender (in regards to what OKB is saying)

I mean it's not really complicated, any NT trolling simpleton could figure it out.

Try to post up Hordford you will score only 33% of the time. Fact.

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Not surprised a lot of the Noah hate is coming from the same people who used to detest those Florida squads.

So knowing your role > skill? I cover the Clippers for a newspaper & see Chris Kaman play all the time. I'm not a Clipper fan & am quite critical of many of the players but he isn't one of the reasons for their lack of success. Kaman is a very skilled big man,  a solid defensive presence & gets up & down the court fine during transition. Baron Davis & the offensive sets ran by the coaching staff are more of the reasons behind their failures. In a league filled with very few skilled big men, I don't see how anyone who watches basketball on a nightly basis could say that Noah is an ideal big man or better than Kaman. None of the serious championship contenders are running a run & gun offense, the last team to have any real success running that style of play is Phoenix & that only got them so far. Noah will never be an offensive threat so he has to work harder & out-hustle other players which works well against Cleveland's aging big men but that shouldn't fool you into thinking that the guy is a top 5 center...

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

laugh.gif
smh.gif

So knowing your role > skill? I cover the Clippers for a newspaper & see Chris Kaman play all the time. I'm not a Clipper fan & am quite critical of many of the players but he isn't one of the reasons for their lack of success. Kaman is a very skilled big man,  a solid defensive presence & gets up & down the court fine during transition. Baron Davis & the offensive sets ran by the coaching staff are more of the reasons behind their failures. In a league filled with very few skilled big men, I don't see how anyone who watches basketball on a nightly basis could say that Noah is an ideal big man or better than Kaman. None of the serious championship contenders are running a run & gun offense, the last team to have any real success running that style of play is Phoenix & that only got them so far. Noah will never be an offensive threat so he has to work harder & out-hustle other players which works well against Cleveland's aging big men but that shouldn't fool you into thinking that the guy is a top 5 center...
I never said the guy was top 5...It's a guard's league now that was my point.  The way they call the game now with ticky-tack fouls and with rule changes it is easier for guards to dominate basketball games.  The number of good big men in the league now is very small and look at what type of players for the most part they are, Bosh, Amar'e, Josh Smith, Lee.  All big men that are very mobile and are ideal when play a certain uptempo style.  Kaman is most successful in a half-court set.  He could be great on the right team, I just think it is easier to putt Noah on any team and have him flourish.  That is why in this case, Roll>>Skill, cause Kaman isn't skilled enough to be a top 2-3 option on a team and have that team be successful.

And Noah has improved offensively every season so far he is in the league, plus he is 3 years younger than Kaman, while being a much better rebounder ans imo a better defender.

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

laugh.gif
smh.gif

I never said the guy was top 5...It's a guard's league now that was my point.  The way they call the game now with ticky-tack fouls and with rule changes it is easier for guards to dominate basketball games.  The number of good big men in the league now is very small and look at what type of players for the most part they are, Bosh, Amar'e, Josh Smith, Lee.  All big men that are very mobile and are ideal when play a certain uptempo style.  Kaman is most successful in a half-court set.  He could be great on the right team, I just think it is easier to putt Noah on any team and have him flourish.  That is why in this case, Roll>>Skill, cause Kaman isn't skilled enough to be a top 2-3 option on a team and have that team be successful.

And Noah has improved offensively every season so far he is in the league, plus he is 3 years younger than Kaman, while being a much better rebounder ans imo a better defender.

Thats my point, with all of these pf/c types in the league, a team with a true skilled big man is going to have a huge advantage. Guys like Howard, Bogut, Kaman, Brook Lopez dominate because of their size. Even a guy like Robin Lopez who isn't that offensively skilled had huge games & a solid season due to his size advantage. A solid big man is a rare commodity in this league which is evident by the contract stiffs get based of 1 year of potential. (I.e Jerome James, Reggie Evans) The offensive sets changed due to the lack of true centers, if a halfway skilled true big came out, he'd be taken top 3 every time regardless of who is in the draft.  Look at Dwight Howard, he's not offensively gifted but so freakishly athletic that he's actually a top 5 player in todays NBA.  These players are hard to find in comparison to the pf/c role player types that are a dime a dozen nowadays.

PHX/POR at 4:30 EST?

Alright, maybe I'll watch a few minutes of that series finally...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Where is the sig from dlo?
http://www.slamonline.com...-not-a-fan-of-milwaukee/

Smoove took a page out of Joakim Noah’s book — who was at it again last night, by the way — and ensured that good folks of Milwaukee will be booing him lustily during games 3 and 4.

From the AJC:

“A reporter mentioned that Milwaukee isdifferent from Miami, the Hawks’ first-round destination last year (andlemme tell you, this is another reason Hawks management was happy todraw Milwaukee instead of Miami this time). So what will Smoove do inBrew City? ‘Maybe go to Ruth’s Chris or something,’ he said. ‘There’spretty much nothing to do,’ Smith said. ‘Miami has some really goodrestaurants. I never really did anything in Milwaukee. I would be happyto just find a restaurant. I’m not bashing the city but I’ve neveractually did anything in Milwaukee so I really don’t know what isaround there.’

By now Hawks PR Man Arthur Triche,seeing where this was headed, had creeped in to try and break up theparty. But, Smoove being Smoove (’I don’t care!’) he wasn’t stopping.Someone picked up on the Noah thread and asked Smith if he’d be takingany vacations in Milwaukee. ‘Would you go there?’ Smith asked.‘Everybody knows there ain’t nothing to do in Milwaukee, man. Everybodyknows that, (even) the people that live there.

Back
Top Bottom