Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

I liked him as a rookie. His heart, even though his stats didn't show much.
laugh.gif

Brooks is NBA's most improved player

Associated Press

HOUSTON -- Houston Rockets point guard Aaron Brooks has been named the league's most improved player.

The 6-foot Brooks set career highs in points (19.6 per game), assists (5.3) and rebounds (2.6). His scoring average went up 8.4 points from 2008-09, the highest increase of any qualifying player.

The Rockets finished 42-40, missing the playoffs for the first time since 2006. Brooks started all 82 games while the roster went through several changes during the season, caused by injuries or trades.

Brooks, the Rockets' first-round draft pick in 2007, set a franchise record for 3-pointers made (209) and became the sixth player in NBA history to record at least 200 3-pointers and 400 assists.

Brooks earned 403 of a possible 615 points, including 62 first-place votes, from a panel of 123 sports writers and broadcasters. Kevin Durant of Oklahoma City and George Hill of San Antonio tied for second with 101 total points.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

Brew robbed.
Not really, but dude made some significant steps this season.

Originally Posted by windycity7

YOUR NUTS ITS OFFICIAL...NOAH IS TOP 10 AS FAR AS CENTERS & HES DEF BETTER THAN KAMAN,BOGUT,Camby,Kaman,Lopez,MARC Gsol,Horford* KAMAN WAS NAMED TWICE FOR A REASON.......
You're dead @$* wrong.

He's not better than Marc Gasol, Kaman, Bogut, or Brook Lopez. And at best he's a coin-flip with Horford IMO but I can at least see the argument for that one.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by windycity7

YOUR NUTS ITS OFFICIAL...NOAH IS TOP 10 AS FAR AS CENTERS & HES DEF BETTER THAN KAMAN,BOGUT,Camby,Kaman,Lopez,MARC Gsol,Horford* KAMAN WAS NAMED TWICE FOR A REASON.......
You're dead @$* wrong.

He's not better than Marc Gasol, Kaman, Bogut, or Brook Lopez. And at best he's a coin-flip with Horford IMO but I can at least see the argument for that one.

* KAMAN WAS NAMED TWICE FOR A REASON & these other bums dont get the double treatment because they didnt make the asg playing like brittney garner from butler.......

I'm not going to debate Noah being better than Kaman or Bogut because that is just asinine, he's not better than Horford either but I'll do a quick breakdown of the two for since some people feel it's a toss-up.

Al Horford
2009-10 StatisticsFG3PTFT Rebounds
GMINFGM-AFG%3PM-A3P%FTM-AFT%OFFDEFTOTSTLBLKTOPFASTPTS
Season8135.1467-847.5511-11.000213-270.7892.97.09.9.731.121.512.782.314.2

Joakim Noah
Season6430.1262-520.5040-0.000163-219.7443.47.611.0.501.561.833.092.110.7

The numbers are close, the only significant difference between the two would be in the scoring department. Horford's offensive game is vastly more refined & his numbers would be jump playing for a team like the Bulls, who are on the lower echelon of scoring & fg%. Noah is a good guy to have on your team, but isn't gong to develop much more than the scrappy hustle guy he is today. I'm sure any G.M. other than Paxon (who loves offensively lacking big men for some reason) would take Horford over Noah in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

I'm not going to debate Noah being better than Kaman or Bogut because that is just asinine, he's not better than Horford either but I'll do a quick breakdown of the two for since some people feel it's a toss-up.

Al Horford

Joakim Noah

The numbers are close, the only significant difference between the two would be in the scoring department. Horford's offensive game is vastly more refined & his numbers would be jump playing for a team like the Bulls, who are on the lower echelon of scoring & fg%. Noah is a good guy to have on your team, but isn't gong to develop much more than the scrappy hustle guy he is today. I'm sure any G.M. other than Paxon (who loves offensively lacking big men for some reason) would take Horford over Noah in a heartbeat.
Just like to say that Noah's stats are ruined by a stretch of about 12 games where he was limited to like 15 minutes or was completely injured with no business out on the court. But he still shows very well against Horford in a per minute basis. Noah's one of the best rebounders in the league and Horford is not(8th, 38th). Noah/Horford is a good debate.

And I don't know why anyone went off on the Noah vs. Bogut tangent. Bogut pretty much cemented himself as number 3 before that injury.

With Kaman(and Lopez): you would think a center with good guards around him would have a positive effect on his team's record. He's a fantasy basketball owner's dream, but it doesn't translate to actual wins.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

Al Horford

Joakim Noah

Just like to say that Noah's stats are ruined by a stretch of about 12 games where he was limited to like 15 minutes or was completely injured with no business out on the court. But he still shows very well against Horford in a per minute basis. Noah's one of the best rebounders in the league and Horford is not(8th, 38th). Noah/Horford is a good debate.

And I don't know why anyone went off on the Noah vs. Bogut tangent. Bogut pretty much cemented himself as number 3 before that injury.

With Kaman(and Lopez): you would think a center with good guards around him would have a positive effect on his team's record. He's a fantasy basketball owner's dream, but it doesn't translate to actual wins.

QFT

Al Hordford is the best post defender in the NBA, he is so much better than Noah it's not even funny. This Synergy sports thing is awesome. BTW This is not a stat, there are no fancy formulas it's this is just a log of plays who get's stops and who doesn't.

Best post up defenders in the NBA. (Only Centers)

PPP = Points Per Possession Allowed
FG% = Field Goal % Allowed
%SF = Shooting Foul %
%TO = % of turnovers created

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
4543588959_c485975237_o.jpg
[/font]

[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Surprises? Memo Okur, are Jazz fans even aware of this.[/font]

[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Andrea Bargnani despite being called the worst defending C in the NBA(
indifferent.gif
)
, if people actually watched him they would know, in pick and rolls, isolation plays, post ups Bargnani is the best post defender on the Raptors, he just sucks at rotating. 
[/font]

I love the new Synergy fan site, Osh. Who would've thought that Anthony Tolliver is the best isolation player in basketball with a minimum of 50 possessions?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Al Hordford is the best post defender in the NBA, he is so much better than Noah it's not even funny. This Synergy sports thing is awesome. BTW This is not a stat, there are no fancy formulas it's this is just a log of plays who get's stops and who doesn't.

Best post up defenders in the NBA. (Only Centers)

PPP = Points Per Possession Allowed
FG% = Field Goal % Allowed
%SF = Shooting Foul %
%TO = % of turnovers created

4543588959_c485975237_o.jpg
[/font]

[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Surprises? Memo Okur, are Jazz fans even aware of this.[/font]

[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Andrea Bargnani despite being called the worst defending C in the NBA(
indifferent.gif
)
, if people actually watched him they would know, in pick and rolls, isolation plays, post ups Bargnani is the best post defender on the Raptors, he just sucks at rotating. 
[/font]
How did you get to that screen. I am logged in right now...........

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Funny if someone uses stats they automatically don't watch games LOL

i was talking about OKB, its a proven fact all he does is stat watch

shaq fat %$* is done, looks so slow out there

I've been banned for the past 3 days cause of an F Bomb in the Knicks thread
laugh.gif
smh.gif

But Noah>>Kaman...Is Kaman better offensivley, and able to have an offensive run through him?  Without a doubt...But he isn't as good as a complementary piece and his ceiling as a go to guy isn't that high.  Noah, knows his role and there aren't many better at it.  How many big guys get up and down the floor as well as him...In an age when the NBA is getting back to transition basketball and you have a point guard who can literally get up and down the court in a second, Noah is an ideal big.  I would take him on my team over Kaman, 10 times out of 10.

Not surprised a lot of the Noah hate is coming from the same people who used to detest those Florida squads.

Back
Top Bottom