Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Just thinking about the increase in projected salary cap...

If Oklahoma City found a way to make room for and convince, say, Chris Bosh to come... How far up the ranks does that push them? Obviously they have to start thinking about Durant too, but Collison and Krstic coming off next year offsets some of the added salary to keep them closer to the luxury tax threshold... You would think, although location isn't the same, that Oklahoma City would be highly attractive because they're really close, really young, and only getting better... Someone like Bosh would really make them a nightmare...

But does the location keep them out of the running?

Originally Posted by DLo13

Hell yes, it does.
winning>>>>>location

you are barely there during the season and in the off season you can go back home and stay there.

If a team is winning now and young as hell and are maybe one legit big man away from becoming something great and you stay away because the city sucks then you have problems.

Obviously Miami will get the first crack at Bosh or Amare, whichever they choose.. But if you're the other one, assuming Oklahoma City can match money, would you rather go there and play with another superstar with what looks like the makings of a championship caliber supporting cast already in place or do you go to New York where it will probably take more time?

Even somebody like Boozer, if he's healthy, would be a huge, huge piece for them...

I don't think Oklahoma City is Sacramento or Minnesota... At least not with what they already have in place and the assets they still have going forward...

Dub I'm gonna start writing in italics when I'm being sarcastic
laugh.gif

Bosh is trying to be big time on and off the court tho. Not sure if he would go

but I think you could get boozer or Amare with big money.

His contract is trash but how About Elton brand? Or tyson Chandler for 1 year

I wonder if Jeff Green would ever accept coming off the bench? I know Green brings a lot of versatility and intangibles, but imagine if OKC was able to snag a premier power forward.

Krstic, Boozer/Lee, Durant, Sefolosha, Westbrook, Ibaka, Collison, Green, Harden and Maynor
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Just thinking about the increase in projected salary cap...

If Oklahoma City found a way to make room for and convince, say, Chris Bosh to come... How far up the ranks does that push them? Obviously they have to start thinking about Durant too, but Collison and Krstic coming off next year offsets some of the added salary to keep them closer to the luxury tax threshold... You would think, although location isn't the same, that Oklahoma City would be highly attractive because they're really close, really young, and only getting better... Someone like Bosh would really make them a nightmare...

But does the location keep them out of the running?
Terrible fit. I don't know why people so badly want us (Oklahoma City)  to get Bosh (a lot of Boozer rumors and speculation too). We need a center, a physical, athletic one who plays D. With Camby off the market now, I'm looking at Brendan Haywood, Erick Dampier or Jermaine O'Neal. Yes, all contract year !$+#%$, but much wouldn't be asked of them here. Play good position D, set good screens, offensive rebound. If Memphis is ready to give up on him, I like Hasheem Thabeet too. Joakim Noah would be perfect too, but I don't see why Chicago would give him up and ditto Javale McGee up in DC.

No to Carlos Boozer, Chris Bosh, Chris Kaman, Elton Brand, AL Jefferson, and Joel Pryzbilla, especially since those teams at the deadline were demanding Jeff Green and a  pick and in the case of Toronto they wanted James Harden or Serge Ibaka in addition.

Long shot, but call Tyson Chandler and see if he wants to give up his 12.5 million dollar player option to come play for us for cheaper. Prepare to be hung up on.

Francisco Elson is a sleeper out there who could be had cheap, ditto Johan Petro. No, not all star guys but they fit their roles, and it would be a center by committee deal.

But we don't need tweener 4s, particularly a guy like Bosh who gives close to nothing on D and is redundant in game to KD, or Boozer. I mean that would make our starting frontcourt what, KD, Green, Bosh?  Or do you recommend trading Green to facilitate getting Bosh, something else I am strongly against.

Resign Nick Collison for cheap, Nenad can stay if we can't find anything else. We also have 3 first rd draft picks which we can trade all of them IMO because we don't really need to get any younger.

I was thinkin during the game that Bynum would be a good fit for OKC.  Just a random thought I guess.

I don't like Q Rich, but I do now. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Same with Noah bashing Cleveland. 
laugh.gif

I friggin love the playoffs. 

I thought Camby would be a great fit in OKC.

What about Perkins in a year? From the area. Big and physical.

Bynum would be great, he's under contract until 12/13, with a TO on the next yr thoubh. I HATE him, but Darko will be available, although I bet he is going back to Europe. But if he would just accepts that he sucks and is a bust, and as such nobody is going to guarantee or owe him !%%! and play to his limited talent level, he could be decent.

Nobody in the draft worth trading up for, Cousins is a no. Kole Aldrich could maybe work. But in terms of FAs like I said, no undersized guys and that includes David Lee, Paul Milsap, and them.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Dub I'm gonna start writing in italics when I'm being sarcastic
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
i was 50/50 like is he serious? yeah it's gonna be torture iwth the speculation all summer

Yes to Kendrick Perkins. Also, don't sleep on this dude Kyrylo Fesenko. He's not even making 1 million dollars this yr.

I think Ibaka can be a good backup center, the minimum by next year. real big physical, hustle guy.

As for Green coming off the bench, i think he'd take it.

He himself already personally knows that he's the most expendable out of the 3. I actually like it more when he plays the 3. Its just a shame both him and Durant play the same position.

You get better through trades and draft picks.

And if winning was over location, Memphis would've been able to get some guys back during their good years but location hurt them which is why they have to build through the draft and trading like basically all small markets do.

OKC will go after a center before a PF. That's why they went after Chandler. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a play for Okafor, Dalembert or David Lee this off-season.

If they get a guy like Boozer or Bosh, that means a lot less touches for Durant. Their offense wouldn't even really run the same with Boozer. Maybe Bosh, since he barely likes to play in the paint.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

And if winning was over location, Memphis would've been able to get some guys back during their good years but location hurt them which is why they have to build through the draft and trading like basically all small markets do.

OKC will go after a center before a PF. That's why they went after Chandler. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a play for Okafor, Dalembert or David Lee this off-season.

If they get a guy like Boozer or Bosh, that means a lot less touches for Durant. Their offense wouldn't even really run the same with Boozer. Maybe Bosh, since he barely likes to play in the paint.
laugh.gif
Yeah not playing in the paint is how he got 11 RPG and 7-8 free throw attempts.
indifferent.gif

Please, if you haven't watched chris bosh play more than like three times in a season just please refrain from talking about him. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif
Yeah not playing in the paint is how he got 11 RPG and 7-8 free throw attempts.
indifferent.gif

Please, if you haven't watched chris bosh play more than like three times in a season just please refrain from talking about him. 
laugh.gif
It was just a joke.
laugh.gif

Hence the laugh.

Terrible fit. I don't know why people so badly want us (Oklahoma City)  to get Bosh
how is a legit 20 and 10 star player EVER a bad fit on a team? i get they need a legit center to guard the bigs but if you can get bosh you get him.

in what years did memphis have a ++$# load of money with a top 10 talent on there team(KD) and another star(Russy) on there team?

If they get a guy like Boozer or Bosh, that means a lot less touches for Durant
ya ok, KD will get his no matter who is on the team

Memphis was never as talented as this Oklahoma City team is... This team is closer than those Memphis teams were, and they've got more assets at their disposal...

laugh.gif
@ KD being a bad fit for a team that doesn't have one above-average big man on the roster... Kendrick Perkins and Erick Dampier aren't taking this team to another level...

Originally Posted by JD617

Dwight Howard won DPOY. No surprise there.
Yep.

[h1]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/66090/20100420/howard_wins_defensive_player_of_the_year/[/h1]
[h1]Howard Wins Defensive Player Of The Year[/h1]

Apr 20, 2010 2:12 PM EST

Howard_Dwight_orl.jpg
Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic is the recipient of the 2009-10 NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award presented by Kia Motors, the NBA announced today, marking the second straight season the All-Star has earned the honor.

The 6-11 center became the first player to lead the league in rebounding and blocks (1973-74 was the first season blocks were kept as an official statistic) in consecutive seasons, averaging 13.2 rebounds and 2.78 blocks. Howard also paced the league in field goal percentage (.612), becoming the first player to lead the NBA in all three of those categories since the NBA started keeping blocked shots. He also became only the fifth player in NBA history to lead the league in rebounding for at least three consecutive seasons. Howard recorded an NBA-high 64 double-doubles, including three 20-point/20-rebound efforts.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/66090/20100420/howard_wins_defensive_player_of_the_year/#
Another great season.

Originally Posted by DLo13

$25 mil for Camby tho?

It's nothing to Paul Allen, but that's steep.
Yeah, he's 36 but he's still one of the top rebounders and shot blockers in the league...

Blazers look like they want to win now, and are willing to overpay..

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Memphis was never as talented as this Oklahoma City team is... This team is closer than those Memphis teams were, and they've got more assets at their disposal...

Judging by what some people said before, those previous teams were better than the current team. The type of depth, vet leadership and coaching Memphis had during those years shouldn't be overlooked so easily.
in what years did memphis have a ++$# load of money with a top 10talent on there team(KD) and another star(Russy) on there team?
At least they had Pau Gasol who many think he's a top 10 talent since being traded away.

During that time, Memphis had about 10-11 guys deep on their roster whom they could package up to bring in another star player. They just had a hard time doing it mainly because of guys not wanting to play here. I don't know if it had more to do with that 10-man rotation Hubie Brown implemented, meaning star players wouldn't get theirs or if it was location.

Back thing, Memphis had better coaching than OKC currently has and they did have an all-star who just needed another guy to help push that team to another level. They couldn't get that due to location more than likely because once Hubie left, the 10-man rotation was out and Fratello was in.

I just don't see why a guy like Bosh would go to OKC. He could possibly win in other places as well, not just OKC. He could easily go to Chicago and have a better chance at reaching the Finals in the East than in the West with OKC. He could go to Miami do the same. Hell, maybe even NY if they put the right pieces around him. As good as OKC is, there's a reason why only 5 teams have won the last 10 NBA championships. The West is just too tough and Bosh would be smart to stay out East and pair himself with another elite player where they will only have to realistically compete with Cleveland (if they keep Lebron), Orlando and Atlanta compared to OKC competing with the Lakers, Nuggets, Blazers, Mavs, Jazz, Suns, etc.

If OKC were to get a 20 and 10 guy, Boozer would be that guy more than likely. He's the only guy I know that really doesn't care about location as long as he's getting paid ala playing in Cleveland and Utah.

Back
Top Bottom