Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Clippers fired there head coach

When they max Joe johnson out this summer they going to let him pick the coach?

25hofbk.gif

Random thought...

How impressive or underrated has Shaq's longevity been?

Granted, he's a shell of his former self, but still to be a contributor on a top team is pretty impressive.

Nobody is left in the NBA from his draft class, hell nobody is active from the following draft in 93.

Then you take into account his size and weight at it's pretty amazing his knees/feet haven't led to retirement yet.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Random thought...

Granted, he's a shell of his former self, but still to be a contributor on a top team is pretty impressive.

Nobody is left in the NBA from his draft class, hell nobody is active from the following draft in 93.

Then you take into account his size and weight at it's pretty amazing his knees/feet haven't led to retirement yet.
I was thinking about this too and how he got to play alongside Penny, Kobe, Wade, Nash & Lebron.

it's impressive but... i dunno. mammoth centers don't impress me all that much. kobe evolving his game through the years and the work put into it gets me more. (getting teammates more involved, developing a post game, etc.) that impresses me more. i'm sure kobe will better his skills when his body starts falling apart which i guess is about now.

shaq is just a crazy big strong dude. he just has to work out and he's serviceable. just can't let his weight balloon. nothing special at this point. It's not hard to bully people when you are shaq or dwight howards size. of course they will be in the league a long time. i mean cmon man look at shaq's competition recently.

shaq has lasted this long because he was born a certain way and the last act of his career he battled nobodies.

i'm far more impressed jerry stackhouse is still in the league.
ohwell.gif

shaqs my boy but im disappointed in him cause it took him a trade to miami to get motivated and lose weight...shaq is still effective regardless of his age

imagine if he actually took a step back to kobe and played that second fiddle the way he did with wade, nash and now bron

/rant

ohwell.gif

how he got to play alongside Penny, Kobe, Wade, Nash & Lebron.

and?

nothing special at this point.

It is special, though. It might just be due to great genetics and being blessed rather than a work ethic. But it's special nonetheless.

Does anyone know of a website or place i can stream the Bulls v Cavs game from? None of the stations here are showing it. Thanks

how he got to play alongside Penny, Kobe, Wade, Nash & Lebron.
and?

nothing special at this point.

It is special, though. It might just be due to great genetics and being blessed rather than a work ethic. But it's special nonetheless.

when you phrase it like that. yes. it's very unique and special. and it's good for the NBA because he is a character

it just doesn't "impress" me personally and i'm not entirely sure why. the genetics factor is the main reason i guess

Random thought...

Ehh...He is slightly better than Ewing and Olajuwon were at the same age.  Great big's always have the longest career's if they can avoid injury, Kareem, Parish, Ewing Olajuwon etc.

If anyone cares, Camby just agreed to a 2 year contract extension with the Blazers worth about $25 mill.

pro you are bugging. this is a good thing. keep him in the west. we could never have matched that.

blessing in disguise

damn not signing marcus camby got yall worried? skin better get thick fast. it's gonna be a bumpy ride next few months

It's only 21 million, though. The last 4 million is "unlikely bonuses." Probably something like "1 mil if he makes the All Star Team." Stuff like that.

I get the feeling this is overpaying for a 36 year old guy, but overpaying is the only way to keep him in Portland.

Way overpaid, but i guess its a good backup plan provided Oden cant play again.

And about White Gorilla, his chances of playing again arent high if Camby was resigned for such a high price. obviously this must have meant that it was a career injury for Joel and they're just covering it up. hopefully not.

Camby just set the market for Haywood and the O'Neals.

I think he'll still be a contributor in 2 years. He'll lose some athleticism, but he's still 7'0 and smart.

Back
Top Bottom