Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

The west playoffs are going to be great. East on the other hand is going to be trash like you said Mamba MVP. I'm just hoping we get a Cavs vs Bobcats 1st round match-up

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

LA vs POR (renewing of an old rivalry)
3-1 in 97
3-1 in 98
4-3 in 00
3-0 in 01
3-0 in 02

None of these belong to Portland, so.........

?

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Gather around niketalkers that's if your team winning/And get on down to Mytoasterspeak rhytm/Here is a couple of jewels to help you get through your losing season, a ribbon in the sky,keep your hopes high/I'm from Cleveland city where we believing/Home of the No.1ers/I'M BACK MUTHA&%?#+$/Haters reign on top will be shorter than Leprechauns/NBA teams can't see the CAVS hasn't it already been shown/I got sharp words for posters so be cautious/your L's will pile up quick like New York Knicks losses (Lebron Ain't Coming!!!!!)/I'm so witty like Biggie in his prime/Suspension over now give me back my shine/So off we go/ let the trumpets blow/So hold on Niketalk, playoffs in 1 month Yo/Mytoasterspeak is back duh duh duh duh duh duh,

Are you and Animal Thug in some kind of battle to see who can be the most obnoxious, insufferable NTer, or does that just kind of happen naturally?

^
OC feels left out 617. 
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

3-1 in 97
3-1 in 98
4-3 in 00
3-0 in 01
3-0 in 02

?
laugh.gif
 I know, more in the sense of they hate us and we don't like them and it means a little more when we continually pound them and their obnoxious fans. You of all people should know when Portland wins a regular season game against the Lakers it's like they won the Super Bowl or something.

Ey, I knew I would get this reaction, that's why I did it. I know people read it and did the
smh.gif
It's all slick though. Speaking about the topic at hand though, the first two rounds of the East will be a snooze fest cause Orl and Cle MIGHT sweep their first two rounds. The West will be competitive the whole way through and they will beat each other up. Whoever makes it out the West,more than likely will be exhausted by the time the Finals start. Can't wait for the playoffs to start

^
I dunno man, I kinda think the East could beat each other up a lil bit.  Cavs could face Boston in the second round, I dunno if they sweep that.  You could be right but the Hawks are also in play so the second round at worst could be interesting.  The first certainly could be a snooze fest though. 

And we thought the last two years the West would be a bunch of 7 game series, and most of em were over after 2-3 games, you already knew the winner.  So not real sure until I see the matchups finalized how this year will go. 

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by CP1708

3-1 in 97
3-1 in 98
4-3 in 00
3-0 in 01
3-0 in 02

?

the blazers beat us 3-1 in 1992
ohwell.gif

2 decades ago, great. 

Don't forget 77, they beat us that year too.  Trust me, they talk about it ALL THE TIME. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Ey, I knew I would get this reaction, that's why I did it. I know people read it and did the
smh.gif
It's all slick though. Speaking about the topic at hand though, the first two rounds of the East will be a snooze fest cause Orl and Cle MIGHT sweep their first two rounds. The West will be competitive the whole way through and they will beat each other up. Whoever makes it out the West,more than likely will be exhausted by the time the Finals start. Can't wait for the playoffs to start

Hmmm...same thing was said last year. CLE breezed through the 1st 2 rounds and then got destroyed by ORL. Lakers strugged through 3 grueling series against the Jazz, Rockets and Nuggets and were battle tested and won the title. Similar thing the year before with Boston. I'm thinking CLE should probably want to play someone decent this year early so when they get punched in the mouth whether it be in the East Finals or Finals if they make it, they won't curl up like little children. 

I agree as well, I would like them to face some adversity but I don't think the talent of the other teams, or their fear of Lebron will allow it. If the Celtics keep losing like they have , the Cavs will probably play them in the second round which I actually want. I want the Cavs to have to go through the last two East champs just to prove that we are a serious problem and I especially want the Cavs to sweep or 4-1 the Celtics, I would loooooooooove it. If it happens otherwise, then so be it, but I can say one thing with absolute certainty, the Cavs will be in the ECF

The only way a team gets the Cavs is if they jump them early.  You steal an early game in Cleveland and get Mo and co thinkin about last year, you got em, or at least a legit shot at em.  If Cleveland can keep getting 2-0 on everybody, then Bron can finish the rest off himself. 

Put doubt in Mo and Twan, and West and you got a shot.  Nobody comin back from 3-1 if Bron can smell the next round/a title. 

the only good match up in the east is whoever plays the Bobcats, thats gonna be fun to watch and i cant wait. screw everyone else in the east.

Some background for your next heated Lakers argument: They're 3-5 whenKobe takes 30 shots or more, 25-9 when he takes 20 to 29 shots and 20-4when he takes fewer than 20, including the five games Kobe missed.
pimp.gif

Been gone on spring break so a little late

We 5 games out from the 8th spot and 5.5 from the 7th. The end of the week will say exactly where we will end up, but looks like we might be the 9th best team in the West with room to improve.

Gotta give it up to the Thunder. They definitely stepped up their play. Even the people that had them making the playoffs didn't see them being this high of a seed

Ready to see who the Bobcats play in the playoffs, I believe they can take any one of the top teams out.

Tyreke and Curry
sick.gif
pimp.gif

bobcats can't take the celtics out....never match up well against them...i know ima get stonefaces and laughs but the bobcats match up very well against the Cavs....and i feel like in a series it would be 5 v 6 cause the refs would have to bail Clev out

Joe Johnson is supposed to be out tomorrow @ NJ and Wednesday @ TOR.

Preview of next year?

If that preview includes a loss to the Nets, I'll blow my brains out again.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

So OKB, who is responsible for this mess the Craptors are in?

I said this on twitter.

Brian Colangelo's brain may have been replaced with a Jamaican beef pie or a like a handful of loose change.
tired.gif

Wait, you finally realize that Colangelo is to blame? I've been telling you this since 2007.

You're always late on all-things Toronto. I told you the Blue Jays were horrible but you got excited about their amazing start last season. Eventually you came to your senses when ******i screwed up the draft signings and Halladay situation.

Anyways, speaking of change...it'll come shortly. Colangelo's contract expires next season and we havent heard any talks of an extension (my guess is MLSE wants to see how this team ends up this season). There have been mumblings of Colangelo looking at other options (such as the NJ Nets) however its just speculation at this point. I hope its true...this guy is severely over-rated as GM.
Are you completely un self aware about your crazy pessimism and general doomsayer attitude, all things suck almost immediately all the time.
laugh.gif

and please about the blue jays, I said we were going to be horrible before the season started and I said while it was going on we had very little chance maintaing our run, and I said that some of Ricardi's moves weirdly turned around for the better by the end, and you took that as me saying that Ricardi was smart or right, I merely said he was lucky.

I don't judge things without a pattern of evidence, you judge things and make up a pattern of evidence later.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Black Jesus

bobcats can't take the celtics out....never match up well against them...i know ima get stonefaces and laughs but the bobcats match up very well against the Cavs....and i feel like in a series it would be 5 v 6 cause the refs would have to bail Clev out
im with u...the celtics have blown the cats out every game this year....but against the cavs, they match up real well..they have jackson and wallace to throw at lebron.....raymond aint no slouch on D also, so i think he can contain the guards....Every guy on the bobcats roster try their best on D (except for Boris)...they have depth now too with the addition of Hughes and Tyrus

Back
Top Bottom