Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

smh.gif
smh.gif

z4rjl.png

You're like that kid at school that tries to be cool, but everybody just laughs at you.

Originally Posted by youngcheezy

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

Jrich? How bout we talk about Amare.
pimp.gif
The guy is improving every game. He starting to score whenever he wants now. Not that he couldn't before, but he can do it now without Nash.
pimp.gif
2nd half MVP

as much as id like to disagree with u since i hate ur guts i have to agree

25 and 10 in the month of February and 30 and 11 in March

take notice, league
Amare just trying to get that max deal...Once he signs he'll be back to his 7 rebound self

sign and trade david lee for chris bosh.

he's the best players the knicks or bulls could offer.

Originally Posted by Black Jesus

road win against orlando
pimp.gif
lets goooooooooooooo

Im guessing your a bobcats fan. Nice road win indeed for charlotte but when you have 2 starters (nelson and lewis) going 3-17 from the field then yea it's not gonna be an easy W. It seems as if magic and cats will be a first round match-up, but nontheless i'm sure orlando will take care of business. GO MAGIC!!!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

So OKB, who is responsible for this mess the Craptors are in?

I said this on twitter.

Brian Colangelo's brain may have been replaced with a Jamaican beef pie or a like a handful of loose change.
tired.gif

Wait, you finally realize that Colangelo is to blame? I've been telling you this since 2007.

You're always late on all-things Toronto. I told you the Blue Jays were horrible but you got excited about their amazing start last season. Eventually you came to your senses when ******i screwed up the draft signings and Halladay situation.

Anyways, speaking of change...it'll come shortly. Colangelo's contract expires next season and we havent heard any talks of an extension (my guess is MLSE wants to see how this team ends up this season). There have been mumblings of Colangelo looking at other options (such as the NJ Nets) however its just speculation at this point. I hope its true...this guy is severely over-rated as GM.

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

Originally Posted by Black Jesus

road win against orlando
pimp.gif
lets goooooooooooooo

Im guessing your a bobcats fan. Nice road win indeed for charlotte but when you have 2 starters (nelson and lewis) going 3-17 from the field then yea it's not gonna be an easy W. It seems as if magic and cats will be a first round match-up, but nontheless i'm sure orlando will take care of business. GO MAGIC!!!!
laugh.gif

i didnt realize that we were the #6 seed...its gonna sound crazy but i hope we drop to the 8th seed....we can beat cleveland but i know stern will have the refs on that bs so i know it won't be fair
smh.gif

No way they drop to the 8 seed, Toronto and Chicago are just too terrible right now. They could beat Orlando or Atlanta in the 1st round too I believe.

I think the Bobcats would do well against the Hawks.

They haven't played the Celtics well this season, Orlando would wear them down eventually and despite sweeping the Cavs, I don't see them beating the Cavs four times in seven games.

Ill be the underdog, but LB would get that team to work out, and beat the Cavs, AND the Lakers. DEFENSE wins championships.

Lakers have never been able to beat the bobcats in these past few years.

*awaits the hate and stonefaces.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Lakers have never been able to beat the bobcats in these past few years.
we actually finally beat them by 2 earlier in the year but yes the cats have our number...they just match up well with us

All in all i do think the bobcats will be a scary team to face in the first round whether it be against cavs, magic, hawks or celtics, but with all due respect I don't see them getting past the first round. They sure do have the talent to take their opponent to a full 7-game series though

^ I doubt the Bobcats would win 2 games in the playoffs if they played the Cavs, Celts, or Magic. And there's no way they would make it to the Finals, so to entertain a match up of the Lakers and the Bobcats is comical.

Gather around niketalkers that's if your team winning/And get on down to Mytoasterspeak rhytm/Here is a couple of jewels to help you get through your losing season, a ribbon in the sky,keep your hopes high/I'm from Cleveland city where we believing/Home of the No.1ers/I'M BACK MUTHA&%?#+$/Haters reign on top will be shorter than Leprechauns/NBA teams can't see the CAVS hasn't it already been shown/I got sharp words for posters so be cautious/your L's will pile up quick like New York Knicks losses (Lebron Ain't Coming!!!!!)/I'm so witty like Biggie in his prime/Suspension over now give me back my shine/So off we go/ let the trumpets blow/So hold on Niketalk, playoffs in 1 month Yo/Mytoasterspeak is back duh duh duh duh duh duh,

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Gather around niketalkers that's if your team winning/And get on down to Mytoasterspeak rhytm/Here is a couple of jewels to help you get through your losing season, a ribbon in the sky,keep your hopes high/I'm from Cleveland city where we believing/Home of the No.1ers/I'M BACK MUTHA&%?#+$/Haters reign on top will be shorter than Leprechauns/NBA teams can't see the CAVS hasn't it already been shown/I got sharp words for posters so be cautious/your L's will pile up quick like New York Knicks losses (Lebron Ain't Coming!!!!!)/I'm so witty like Biggie in his prime/Suspension over now give me back my shine/So off we go/ let the trumpets blow/So hold on Niketalk, playoffs in 1 month Yo/Mytoasterspeak is back duh duh duh duh duh duh,

fea255ee4480cfdd6420f9d53af134ad584bcbb.jpg

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Welcome back man.  This was certainly a grand entrance.  Month ta go and then it gets real serious in here. 
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]2009-10 Power Rankings: Week 20[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]RK (LW)[/td][td]TEAM[/td][td]REC[/td][td]COMMENT[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]1 (3)[/td][td]Cavaliers[/td][td]52-15[/td][td]Probably deserve more kudos than they've been getting. Only nine of 20 respondents in ESPN.com's preseason polling picked them to win the East. Don't remember many (if any) predicting an East runaway for the Cavs. [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]2 (1)[/td][td]Magic[/td][td]47-21[/td][td]How costly can a single game in mid-March be? The Magic found out Sunday with a home loss to Charlotte that prevented them from clinching a playoff spot and ended their one-week reign atop these rankings.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]3 (4)[/td][td]Lakers[/td][td]48-18[/td][td]Some background for your next heated Lakers argument: They're 3-5 when Kobe takes 30 shots or more, 25-9 when he takes 20 to 29 shots and 20-4 when he takes fewer than 20, including the five games Kobe missed.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]4 (5)[/td][td]Nuggets[/td][td]45-21[/td][td]The Nuggets are 10-3 since the All-Star break and 6-1 in March, and share the league's longest active win streak with Milwaukee and Charlotte. Which explains why they didn't lose much ground during Dallas' renaissance.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]5 (2)[/td][td]Mavericks[/td][td]45-22[/td][td]A heinous final score against the Knicks and the resulting splat of their win streak don't bug the Mavs nearly as much as their repeated slow starts and how they've lost twice as many home games as the Lakers or Nuggets.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]6 (
glasses.gif
[/td][td]Thunder[/td][td]41-24[/td][td]One problem with all the justified slobbering over Durant: We've all shortchanged Westbrook. KD's point guard has racked up seven 20/10 games since Feb. 1, tied with LeBron for tops in the league in that span.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]7 (6)[/td][td]Jazz[/td][td]42-24[/td][td]Can't sum up Utah's hotness in 2010 better than this: Weekend losses on the road to two of the hottest teams going -- Milwaukee and OKC -- are its first back-to-back losses since the first two games of the new year.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]8 (11)[/td][td]Bucks[/td][td]36-29[/td][td]We're going to tell you this anyway even though we're fairly sure you won't believe us: Milwaukee has the league's second-best record since the All-Star break at 12-2, just a half-game behind Dallas' 13-2 mark.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]9 (7)[/td][td]Suns[/td][td]41-26[/td][td]The Lakers are still a problem, but there's no disputing that Phoenix has been a different team since Amare's late benching against Dallas on Jan. 28. Since then? The Suns are a robust 15-5, with Lopez emerging, too.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]10 (9)[/td][td]Hawks[/td][td]42-23[/td][td]Gonna ask Hawks lovers again: Given all the trouble your crew has had with Orlando this season, wouldn't you not-so-secretly prefer to wind up with the No. 4 seed? Even if that means dealing with LeBron in Round 2?[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]11 (13)[/td][td]Trail Blazers[/td][td]41-28[/td][td]Memphis, Houston and New Orleans really have no shot if this is the West's eighth-best team: Portland quietly has Batum back, Camby settling in, B-Roy warming up ... and seven wins in its past nine road games.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]12 (12)[/td][td]Spurs[/td][td]39-25[/td][td]G. Hill's presence makes it easier for the Spurs to handle Parker's injury compared to losing Duncan or Ginobili ... not that scuffling for a low playoff seed is what the Spurs had in mind after such an aggressive summer.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]13 (14)[/td][td]Bobcats[/td][td]34-31[/td][td]The inclination is to say that a W in Orlando without Gerald Wallace officially stamps the Bobcats as playoff material ... but such declarations would be easier if we knew exactly how long Wallace (foot) is going to be out.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]14 (15)[/td][td]Heat[/td][td]35-32[/td][td]On Hollinger's advice, we sneaked a peak at Miami's remaining schedule. Check it out: D-Wade and Co. see only one team with a winning record in their final 12 games after completing this Spurs-Magic-Bobcats homestand.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]15 (10)[/td][td]Celtics[/td][td]41-24[/td][td]Duty compels us to pass along that the C's are now 1-2 against Cleveland, 1-3 against Orlando, 0-4 against Atlanta ... and 17-19 since Christmas. At this rate they'll probably be happy just to hang onto home court in Round 1.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]16 (16)[/td][td]Grizzlies[/td][td]35-32[/td][td]The Griz will own a slice of history no matter what happens from here. They're one of just two teams ever, along with Toronto in 2001-02, to win and lose at least eight straight games at home in the same season.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]17 (20)[/td][td]Rockets[/td][td]33-31[/td][td]We were half-joking when we suggested Scola's hot streak could make Houstonians forget about Landry, but maybe the snark got lost in translation. Scola's up to 26.2 ppg and 15.2 rpg in his past five games.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]18 (19)[/td][td]Hornets[/td][td]32-35[/td][td]It's probably time to press pause on all the recent fawning over Collison and Thornton, no matter how good they've been lately, since almost every other Hornet you've ever heard of is hurt, resulting in a 1-7 skid.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]19 (18)[/td][td]Raptors[/td][td]32-33[/td][td]No wonder Bosh went off on his teammates for "not fighting at all." The Raps are 0-5 since his return from injury, including a 13-point home L to Philly and road Ls to the Kings and Warriors by a combined (gulp) 35 points.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]20 (17)[/td][td]Bulls[/td][td]31-34[/td][td]Don't have much clever or comforting to offer here. It's no surprise, once you tally up all of Chicago's recent injuries, that its D has collapsed to send the Bulls into free fall. No D-Rose, Deng or Joakim Noah = no chance. [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]21 (28)[/td][td]Knicks[/td][td]23-43[/td][td]Would love to explain how these Knicks could lose to the Mavs by 50 at MSG, then orchestrate an 84-point turnaround in Dallas. But we weren't in our usual courtside seat, so we're still not sure this actually happened.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]22 (24)[/td][td]Kings[/td][td]23-44[/td][td]Tyreke is still averaging 20, 5 and 5, something only Oscar Robertson, Michael Jordan and LeBron James did as rooks. Which is why Tyreke is still the ROY favorite ahead of his fast-charging Golden State neighbor.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]23 (25)[/td][td]Pistons[/td][td]23-43[/td][td]How long has it been since the Pistons were lottery-bound? They began the season clutching the league's third longest streak of consecutive playoff appearances at eight, behind only San Antonio (12) and Dallas (nine).[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]24 (22)[/td][td]Clippers[/td][td]25-42[/td][td]I'm guessing it'll surprise no one to learn that Tuesday's rout in Orlando coinciding with Mike Dunleavy's ouster was the Clips' league-worst sixth loss by 25 or more. Saturday's rout in San Antonio then made it seven.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]25 (27)[/td][td]Warriors[/td][td]18-47[/td][td]I suspect it isn't branching out onto the most dangerous limb to suggest that Steph Curry trying to chase down Tyreke Evans in the ROY race holds Oaktown's interest more than Don Nelson versus Lenny Wilkens.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]26 (23)[/td][td]Wizards[/td][td]21-43[/td][td]Wiz week in review: One stunner (Arenas' plan to switch from No. 0 to No. 6) and one total non-surprise (Washington played three games in three nights because of its snow makeup against Atlanta ... and went 0-3).[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]27 (21)[/td][td]76ers[/td][td]23-43[/td][td]If it says so in the Weekend Dime, it must be true: Philly's game against the Nets on Wednesday must be a must-win for Eddie Jordan given the pressure mounting on the coach and the record New Jersey is trying to avoid.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]28 (26)[/td][td]Pacers[/td][td]21-45[/td][td]The Pacers' season peaked at approximately 9 p.m. Sunday. That's when -- hours after Indy extended its road losing streak to eight with an L in Milwaukee -- ESPN rolled out the new Reggie Miller documentary.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]29 (29)[/td][td]Timberwolves[/td][td]14-53[/td][td]The Wolves have twice as many wins as New Jersey, but they're also 1-15 since that four-game win streak before the All-Star break. Which makes them the easiest out in the league these days ... essentially tied for No. 30.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]30 (30)[/td][td]Nets[/td][td]7-59[/td][td]The Nets are close enough that you figure they're going to get the three wins they need to dodge infamy. But with a 1-7 mark in games decided by three points or fewer, they'll have plenty to second-guess if they don't.[/td][/tr][/table]

[h1]
[h1]Mirror image[/h1][h3]Wait -- that's not Chris Paul running the Hornets' offense?[/h3]
By Chris Palmer
ESPN The Magazine
Archive

collison33.jpg

Layne Murdoch/NBAE/Getty ImagesThe Hornets will have a tough time finding minutes for both Collison and CP3.

This article appears in the March 22 issue of ESPN The Magazine.

Utah's Deron Williams crouches helplessly in his defensive stance as the Hornets point guard he is covering crosses over, throws a shoulder fake, then explodes to the hole for a nice finger-roll finish.

Before you say, "Well, yeah -- Chris Paul can make anyone look bad," please note that Paul, in street clothes, has just jumped off the bench to pump his fist toward his lightning-quick replacement, Darren Collison. "Darren's a great young guard," Williams says. "It's hard to tell him and Chris apart."

On the stat sheet, too. Collison is averaging 18.6 points, 8.3 assists and an exhausting 38.5 minutes in the 23 games he's started while Paul's been out for injuries. He set a franchise rookie record with 18 assists on Jan. 30 and chalked up a triple-double eight games later. And it surprised no one when he was named Western Conference Rookie of the Month for February. "He's lucky I got hurt, isn't he?" jokes Paul.

Collison has been so Paul-like, in fact, that some court whisperers suggest he has made his discontented teammate expendable in New Orleans. Collison, wisely, treats that kind of talk like a good rook should. "I don't think people should be saying that kind of stuff," he says. Were Paul to leave, no one would miss him more than Collison would.

When last June's 21st overall choice struggled early in the season with the pick-and-roll, Paul advised him on how to take advantage of the daylight he sees when defenders go under a pick. To help the rook cut down on his team-high turnover total, Paul got him to focus on slowing down, particularly in the last two minutes, to let plays develop. "It's almost like having another coach," says Collison.

Paul, of course, knows the intense pressure that weighs on rookie points, so he keeps the mood light. On the bus before a recent game against the Mavericks, he called out Collison for being the only Hornet who wasn't holding his scouting report. "That's going to be a $500 fine," Paul announced to raucous laughter. Collison responded with a career-high 35 points. It was just four shy of Paul's season high, which was also produced against the Mavs. Of course.

Chris Palmer is a contributing writer for ESPN The Magazine.
[/h1]

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Thunder beat the Jazz tonight at home and close to within a half game of overtaking them for the division lead. Look for Westbrook's cross on Deron Williams to maybe make SportsCenter too. I was at the arena trying to get last minute tickets but I got their too late and missed the raffle, then I went to CL on my phone and some of the people still had their's but weren't willing to bend some on the price even though the game was already in progress/pregame and they were in danger of getting nothing for their tickets.
Crazy, they'd go from losing 59 games the previous season to having homecourt advantage in the 1st round of the playoffs. They'll be a tough out for the simple fact of having KD and Utah is pretty much anemic on the road in the playoffs anyway, so if OKC wins, a potential 2nd round matchup with the Lakers will be exciting, KD vs KB
eek.gif

Yea I think Utah is one team I really favor us beating in the postseason, homecourt or not. We have beat them all 3 meetings this season in fact. And if we get LA in the 2nd rd, I am so going to clean up selling playoff tickets. I don't know how other teams do it, but OKC is keeping tickets prices the same for the first round, then +10$ for every round after that they make. And they're not letting anybody buy them but season ticket holders, who have already renewed for next yr. Like I said, if it's the Lakers as our opponent, price gauging is going to be so ridiculous. Then again, I was surprised the Jazz draw was so big last night. There was a lot of long faces like mine standing outside unable to get tickets

Looking at the West matchups right now there could be some great 1st round series:

LA vs POR (renewing of an old rivalry)
DEN vs SA (don't think Denver has ever beaten the Spurs in the playoffs in the Melo era)
DAL vs PHX (some classic series Dirk vs Nash)
OKC vs UTA (young upstart Thunder can they take the next step)

The East on the other hand, nothing but boring
sick.gif

CLE vs TOR (sweep)
ORL vs MIA (maybe Wade can win a game or two by himself)
ATL vs CHA (uh yea)
BOS vs MIL (not interested either)

I hope somehow the standings out East shake up and we get CHA playing CLE and it may be watchable but Toronto is just so terrible.

Back
Top Bottom