Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Typical Bulls game
tired.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I don't even really want us to make it this year because I would rather us be full strength with an improved team next year so we can actually make some noise in the playoffs.

what kind of backwards %#@! is that?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I don't even really want us to make it this year because I would rather us be full strength with an improved team next year so we can actually make some noise in the playoffs.

what kind of backwards %#@! is that?

Making the playoffs as a lower seed in the West has its pros and cons. I'm sure you know that or at least I think you do.

We can either make the playoffs and play the Lakers, maybe win a game. It won't really do much. Fall a few more picks down in terms of drafting someone.

or

Have a good record, around 40 something wins and don't make the playoffs. Have a better pick in the draft and improve in the areas you have weaknesses in.

There are fans that want to make the playoffs and fans who really don't mind us missing out. Maybe I should say I could care less if we make it or not. I'm all about improving the team for next year when its the final year of our 3-year plan.

and BHZ, maybe you dont know it, but the way you're stating it, you'rebasically saying you guys are going to the playoffs. Sure you have achance, but i wouldnt count on it.
And how am I saying that we basically are going to make the playoffs?
laugh.gif
All I'm saying is that we are 2.5 games out. We still have a good chance with the way our upcoming schedule looks. But, when you look at our April schedule, we play nothing but teams above .500. So, that will probably ruin our chances. I think we will end up being in the race all the way up to mid-April and we will fall out.

I still believe that the playoffs are possible, but if let down gamescome about, I won't give up. The best days of the franchise will bebeyond this season.

No matter what, we will all look back and say that this was a good season for the franchise.

Luckily,the schedule is starting to lighten up a lot. If we can stay within 2-3games within stroking distance until Brewer gets back, we got a shot.

I'd rather them try and make the playoffs. No one besides Wall, Turner, Monroe and Henry really interests me for this team. Even if they only win one game, it'll give the youngsters a good experience for the future.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I'd rather them try and make the playoffs. No one besides Wall, Turner, Monroe and Henry really interests me for this team. Even if they only win one game, it'll give the youngsters a good experience for the future.

The positioning of if they make the playoffs to missing it could be the difference in getting nobody in the draft to getting Monroe or Henry. On most mock drafts, those two are in the teen range. Now, whether they move up is a different story, but I want us to get Henry if given the chance. If we make the playoffs as an 8th seed, we will probably have a better record than the bottom 3 seeds in the East. Our pick will be 17th or 18th compared to it being 13th or 14th.

Originally Posted by DLo13

BJ is putting up another brilliant night.

End of the 3rd...8 boards, 7 assists...and 4 points on 1-9 shooting.
laugh.gif

They're still up on the Knicks by 9, so I'm not sure how Allen is feeling right now...
Brandon Jennings' rookie wall

Yeah there's going to be like a 5-8 spot difference if they make/don't make the playoffs.
laugh.gif

I'm thinking Henry would the best fit due to shooting ability and potential. If O.J. shows a hint of PG ability, then even better. Plus he a good insurance policy with Rudy and Brewer hitting free agency.

If you're not making the playoffs, you better play for more ping pong balls.

That pick can lead to a good bench and role player that would help your team in the future.

What my question for this team is, what do they do with zbo next year? do they give him a contract extension? Rudy gay? bench problems?

They have a real good chance in the near future though.

Originally Posted by BangDak

If you're not making the playoffs, you better play for more ping pong balls.

That pick can lead to a good bench and role player that would help your team in the future.

What my question for this team is, what do they do with zbo next year? do they give him a contract extension? Rudy gay? bench problems?

They have a real good chance in the near future though.
I think Z-Bo has played well enough to into contract extension talks. I'm thinking a 3 year-$36M is fair given his production and age. Rudy's value is iffy. A number of teams have freed up cap space and could use Rudy (Nets and Timberwolves). He's not worth the max, but they might be desperate enough to throw the max (or near it) at him. I think management matches a deal worth $12M/year, anything more they'll work out a sign and trade. The bench is
sick.gif
right now but should be better next season. Young and Arthur have shown flashes of being reliable 20 MPG bench players. Thabeet is hit or miss; he'll be getting 10-12 MPG next season. Management will need to shore up the bench with the 3 first round picks and/or free agency at their disposal.

Brandon Jennings's FG% by month:

October: 51.6 (2 games)
November: 42.0
December: 37.6
January: 32.4
February: 29.8

He's now UNDER 30% for the month of February. From the field.

eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

He's certainly not a bum. He just can't get to the rim...and he's still firing away jumpers because of it. He's a predictable as it gets...he comes off the pick and roll, he's lettin in fly. A summer in the gym should help with that.

Zbo's contract seems somewhat fair, a bit pricy imo. Thing is, he might just become all lazy again once he gets that extension. a 2 year extension is good imo. (if possible)

Sign and trade Rudy for draft picks to solidify the bench, and they'll be an exciting team to watch again next season. If rudy agrees to 8-10 (which i doubt) it'll be a good move though.

Jennings definitely lost his scoring touch, but he has been passing the ball much more though. 29% is inexcusable though.

Realistically, rudy is getting 10 or higher and heisley already said hes resigning both gay and brewer. I believe memphis will match up to 12. They will use other pieces to solidfy the bench.

Draft henry and vernado. Trade the other pick, move conley to the bench, go after someone like harrington, nate or some good sixth man and we set.

Got our shooter, athletic shot blocker, sixth man and perimeter defender.

Haha. You change your mind too much on your Grizzlies. First it was like you guys are better than the Thunder (season ain't over so the Grizzlies still have a chance) then it was like Conley is just THAT much better than Lowry, and now this. The opposite of everything you said. Even hoping the Grizzlies don't make the playoffs for a better draft pick. I know most 8th seeds don't make noise in the playoffs, but making the playoffs is a good look. Drafting another Thabeet won't be. And I am not sure about giving that much money to Z-Bo and Gay. Best of luck to the team though. At least they didn't trade Mayo to the Lakers for someone good in two years before the deadline. Nah, I'm kidding.
smile.gif

Brandon Jennings
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Should of used him as trade bait earlier in the season for my fantasy league.

He needs to drive to the basket alot more than shooting it...if you know your off, PASS THE BALL!

Who was that Warrior fan who said if he had a chance to pick ANY 2 players in the NBA to start a team he would choose LeBron and B. Jennings?

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom