Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Utah makin Portland fans and JA sick to their stomach. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

BHZ, Memphis had a damn good year, you were right on that, the Thunder are CLEARLY better, so that would mean that all the rest of us were right about that. 

I was told, vehemently I might add, that the Cavs toughest part of their schedule had already been played.  I disagreed, saying 3 vs the Celts, 2 vs the Magic, 1 vs the Nuggs, and 2 vs the Spurs in a 30 game span is more difficult then the first 50 they played.  Cavs fans jumped all over me, as per usual.  Now they're 0-3.  Told ya. 
wink.gif

I called the Spurs dead back in December, I wonder what part of the marathon we in right now.  Is there a quitting stage in a marathon? 

Originally Posted by CP1708

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

BHZ, Memphis had a damn good year, you were right on that, the Thunder are CLEARLY better, so that would mean that all the rest of us were right about that. 

I was told, vehemently I might add, that the Cavs toughest part of their schedule had already been played.  I disagreed, saying 3 vs the Celts, 2 vs the Magic, 1 vs the Nuggs, and 2 vs the Spurs in a 30 game span is more difficult then the first 50 they played.  Cavs fans jumped all over me, as per usual.  Now they're 0-3.  Told ya. 
wink.gif

I called the Spurs dead back in December, I wonder what part of the marathon we in right now.  Is there a quitting stage in a marathon? 
I really am.

Moreso because it was a wasted effort by the banged up Blazers, up 25 in the third.
sick.gif

Booz played like a stud and have no problem giving teams dap if they ain't lazy.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

The Spurs are like a zombie, until there head gets blown off I'm not going believe they are dead.

laugh.gif
what an awesome comparison.

CP, how are the radio stations reacting to the latest Portland disaster?

laugh.gif

tired.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

The Spurs are like a zombie, until there head gets blown off I'm not going believe they are dead.
My man...
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

^
They wanna fire Nate now, they think he can't coach. 

They think they can get any coach in the league short of Phil Jackson and Jerry Sloan.

They think they will still be title contenders in the next year or two once they can get all of their players healthy and keep them healthy. 

I wrecked my car after all that @#$%. 

Just kidding about the last one, I only felt like driving off a bridge listening to these @#$%^& morons. 
laugh.gif

Spurs are dead Osh.  They get too much credit for a couple titles every couple years.  They haven't done squat since the Cavs series.  It's over. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Damn CP, you calling the season over already?
laugh.gif

I don't see them making the playoffs anymore due to the injury of Brewer, but I do see them surpassing my 38 win prediction. They will be the team to look out for next season like the Thunder were this season I guess you can say.

I guess its bad karma for management making ******ed draft choices too. Its stupid how we need depth badly, but our no.2 pick can't even see the court because he just can't relieve our bigs long enough. I will always see Tyreke as a Grizz
laugh.gif

No I don't mean it in terms of the season is over, I mean as far as no matter what happens this season, they did much better then expected.  They've already done a helluva lot better then most people thought they would. 

Ahead of schedule basically no matter how the season finishes.  Sorry for not wording it better, 

Josh Howard just injured his knee in the Wiz v. Bulls game, can the guy get a break?
He was one of my favorite Dallas players, i hate to see him struggle with injuries like this.

Stupidity.
laugh.gif

He was going to be able to give rest to our wing players and keep them fresh. And having him playing over guys like Carroll would've been alot different.

Looking at the standings and at our schedule through the rest of this month and April, we have a good shot. We lost like 7 of our last 8 or something and still only 2.5 games back. No LAL/CLE back-to-backs, no Phoenix/Utah/Utah/Portland road trip, etc. Alot of Eastern conference teams. Just hope the team realizes it and steps up.

I don't even really want us to make it this year because I would rather us be full strength with an improved team next year so we can actually make some noise in the playoffs.

you guys are NOT making the playoffs man....

and CP, stop underestimating t he spurs. they'll pick it up once it matters. the most important thing is getting the big 3 some more rest, and blair some more run.

Originally Posted by BangDak

you guys are NOT making the playoffs man....

Why do people keep pointing this out?

I don't need for anybody to tell me that we can't make the playoffs.
laugh.gif

Its not like I keep saying we will make the playoffs or something. And you can't completely rule us out until we completely fall out the race like the Clippers did. As long as they stay within the range their in, we can always make the playoffs. I DON'T see us MAKING IT because we rely on our starters too much. Is that clear enough?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

The spurs aint contenders but they still got a first round upset in them

This.

They're time is over. But depending on who they get in the 1st round they could make some noise. They've had a hex on Denver for some reason in the past playoffs and looking at the standings now, that's who they would matchup with. Also with OKC being so young, I could see the Spurs beating them as well just based on experience.

Originally Posted by BangDak

stop underestimating the spurs. they'll pick it up once it matters.
I ain't sayin they're dead, but uh... It's about time to pick it up, isn't it? The "They'll get it together when games matter" excuse starts springing leaks after the All-Star Break... I just don't see them beating any of the top 4 in a 7 game series...

I have NEVER not given the Spurs the benefit of the doubt, but I just don't buy this mix of players at all... Duncan is still dominant, but something hasn't been right with Parker and Ginobili all year, and Jefferson just sucks...

Duncan has been fabulous, but he can't do it alone. TP has been banged up all season, Ginobili is afraid of contact, Jefferson hasn't found his niche and the role players are just not there. Most importantly, their defense isn't what it used to be at all.

At this time in the past, they would be a well oiled machine, but they've been an enigma thus far (as far as contending is concerned).
As far as the Grizzlies are concerned, these next two weeks will make or break their playoff hopes. If they can win 6 or 7 out of these next 10 games, they got a decent shot. Brandon Roy is playing on one hamstring and the Rockets and Hornets both have tough schedules this next week or so.

But I'm a natural pessimist that says this team doesn't have quite enough to make it to the playoffs.

Barea just got on the floor and I already wanna throw my boot through the flat screen...
sick.gif
smh.gif

Can someone post that insider article about Trades that didnt go down?  It's on the front page of the NBA page on ESPN

Eh. Home court advantage isnt important to the Spurs. sure it'll be nice, but having the big 3 healthy and rested up is more important imo.

and BHZ, maybe you dont know it, but the way you're stating it, you're basically saying you guys are going to the playoffs. Sure you have a chance, but i wouldnt count on it.

BJ is putting up another brilliant night.

End of the 3rd...8 boards, 7 assists...and 4 points on 1-9 shooting.
laugh.gif

They're still up on the Knicks by 9, so I'm not sure how Allen is feeling right now...

Back
Top Bottom