Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

He's been playing well as of late, defensively he's solid, he just has a poor offensive game.

if you can find me any Knick to have bashed him over the past month plus, let me know..

he's played well. To the point a select few want to actually keep him.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

if you can find me any Knick to have bashed him over the past month plus, let me know..

he's played well. To the point a select few want to actually keep him.

DO IT!!!

This HAS to be bhz...HAS to be
nerd.gif
roll.gif

Keyan (Memphis)

Memphis gets no respect in the NBA can we at least get one question answered here Chad? Who is the "Real" team of the future between the Thunder and the Grizz. I see the Grizz having better overall talent and MUCH better big guys. Durant is great, and there are some nice pieces there but Gasol, Randolph and Thabeet to go along with OJ, Rudy, Young and Conley? We are better right?

Chad Ford

Durant is a superstar. Russell Westbrook is the second best player on either squad. After that Grizz have a nice run with OJ, Gay (if the Grizzlies re-sign him), Conley and Gasol. But I'd take two great players and a great organization over a bunch of good players and a very questionable organization. So yeah, I like the Thunders future better. But I get your point. Grizzlies have a lot of potential if Michael Heisley doesn't mess it up.

I have hated Jefferies in the past but he has been phenomenal this year. I know efficiency is just one stat but he had had some outstanding numbers. He does somany little things, blocks, steals, stops, things that don't really up for in a box score but an elite team would like to have. And Nate is a player whowhen your offense is struggling can come in at time and single handedly win a game. I am a big as Knick cynic as anybody but both of those players have value.

If Nate has vaule then why when walsh and nates agent went looking for trades they couldn't find anything?

You can spin jefferis play of late any way you want dude is trash. Your only pray at getting his contact off the books is if you throw hill and or the roosterin a deal for him

and Eddie curry will never take a buyout. Pretty sure it was a story this offseason dude was going broke so why would he leave that money on the table?

So if that was the case why yall making trades up with both in it?

And no question that was bhz asking that crap

Lebron has done the chase down block way more than Prince, stop being foolish. It's something that he has perfected and is calculated when doing so. Princejust made a hell of a play, where as Bron does it on the regular. Stop being haters or someone on your favorite team will be next
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Lebron has done the chase down block way more than Prince, stop being foolish. It's something that he has perfected and is calculated when doing so. Prince just made a hell of a play, where as Bron does it on the regular. Stop being haters or someone on your favorite team will be next
laugh.gif
Who did it first bright guy? FIRST, as in Original, like that stupid article suggests?

Perfected.
laugh.gif
Come on. He's good at it, no question, butperfected?

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

So if that was the case why yall making trades up with both in it?

Jefferies continues to play strong and Nate is out of the doghouse getting PT again. They'd be idiots not to attempt to feel what the market was andtry to dump Jared in a trade w/Nate. If they get a buyer, they look like geniuses.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

why would washington trade butler for tmac?
laugh.gif
Uhh...the expiring contract that alot of teams are trying to bid for right now?
Yes. Obviously, all teams that want to trade for T-Mac is trading for his contract. However, if no trade occurs and there is a buy-out, bring on the contenders! Starting all-star and out of the first round. I can only wish.

Rudy Gay is having a great year for the Grizzlies. Hopefully no one overpays him. He should be getting the 5 year, $55 million contract that Kevin Martin got at most.
He wanted Granger money before the deadline passed. I can only imagine now he wants Iguodala money.
Granger got like a 5 year - $60-65 million contract (pending incentives) and Iggy got a 6 year - $80 million contract. I don't see why anyteam would give Gay that kind of money. Especially with the smaller salary cap.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

This HAS to be bhz...HAS to be
nerd.gif
roll.gif

Keyan (Memphis)

Memphis gets no respect in the NBA can we at least get one question answered here Chad? Who is the "Real" team of the future between the Thunder and the Grizz. I see the Grizz having better overall talent and MUCH better big guys. Durant is great, and there are some nice pieces there but Gasol, Randolph and Thabeet to go along with OJ, Rudy, Young and Conley? We are better right?

Chad Ford

Durant is a superstar. Russell Westbrook is the second best player on either squad. After that Grizz have a nice run with OJ, Gay (if the Grizzlies re-sign him), Conley and Gasol. But I'd take two great players and a great organization over a bunch of good players and a very questionable organization. So yeah, I like the Thunders future better. But I get your point. Grizzlies have a lot of potential if Michael Heisley doesn't mess it up.

roll.gif

Naw as much as it sounds like me, it wasn't. I've been running errands all day and haven't had time to really be on the computer. It had to havebeen somebody from the Grizz boards though.
laugh.gif

That Rudy one where he gets the pass from behind the backboard was better then this though. Happened last week at the shot clock buzzer or something likethat, I think Conley lobbed it falling outta bounds left handed.

It was Marcus Williams.

And nah, the Hedo to DeRozan play is better. Maybe if Rudy dunked it cleanly it be better.

WASHINGTON -- With various players missing for various reasons, including some who had to talk to authorities about the Gilbert Arenas gun investigation, only eight members of the Washington Wizards were warming up on court Tuesday as coach Flip Saunders spoke nearby.

"Right now, there is definitely going to be discipline," Saunders intoned, "whether they like it or not."

Clearly, Saunders has his hands full at the moment. He is in his first year with a team dealing with far more serious matters than its 12-23 record heading into Tuesday night's home game against the Detroit Pistons.

At least two Wizards, Javale McGee and Mike Miller, were absent from the morning shootaround because they were going to be questioned about what happened with Arenas, who was suspended indefinitely by the NBA last week.

A third player, Andray Blatche, also was slated to be speaking about the Arenas case -- and he was barred from practicing anyway Tuesday, having been suspended for the Pistons game for conduct detrimental to the team.

"He said, 'Well, I didn't get a shot in a game.' If you're 6-10, 6-11, you can get a shot by getting an offensive rebound and getting shots. Anybody, whether it's him or anybody, that thinks a coach has to run plays to get you shots -- that's the sign of a team that's not going to be a very good team," Saunders said.

"I hope it impacts him. I hope he comes back energized. I hope he comes back with a focus. I hope he understands what it takes to win," Saunders added.

Caron Butler wasn't at the shootaround because of what Saunders called "an accident in his family" but was expected to be available for the game against Detroit.

Also missing was Arenas, of course. As was Javaris Crittenton, whose Dec. 21 spat with Arenas prompted the three-time All-Star to take guns out of his locker at the team's arena.

Crittenton, who has been out all season with an injury, has been excused by the team from practices and games while the legal process plays out. Arenas has acknowledged keeping guns in his locker and taking them out in a "misguided effort to play a joke," while Crittenton has kept a low profile, revealing no details about the incident and saying through his lawyer that he did nothing wrong.

Saunders and at least seven Wizards players have been questioned in the case.

The coach singled out co-captains Antawn Jamison and Butler, along with Miller as players who are "totally committed" to doing what it takes to win, despite all that is going on around the team.

Saunders also made clear he wouldn't hesitate to find ways to get players to adapt to how he wants them to play.

"This is how things are going to be, and if guys aren't going to act that way -- if we have to play with five guys, we'll play with five guys," Saunders said. "We have to have a mind-set change."

Asked how difficult it would be to change his players' mind-set, Saunders replied: "It's going to be really easy. You've seen them on the bench. That's the easiest way."

BLOW THE TEAM UP NOW, they are a @@*!@%* mess
laugh.gif

Just posting this for the hell of it.

Dallas Mavericks

Why they think they're close: I mentioned L.A. beat Dallas by 35; what I left out was the Mavs beat the snot out of L.A. in Staples the first time the twoteams met this season. Dallas has more size and athleticism this season with Shawn Marion and Drew Gooden, and its biggest defensive weaknesses (versus quickguards and running centers) are largely irrelevant against the Lakers. Moreover, the Mavs are second in the West as of Tuesday, meaning they have the insidetrack on drawing L.A. in a best-of-seven for the conference crown.

What they need to add: One more star. For the Mavs, it's less relevant what position a new acquisition plays, although obviously they're fairlywell-stocked at power forward. But if the Mavs upgrade the starting spots of Erick Dampier, Josh Howard or J.J. Barea with an All-Star-caliber player, theywould be a force to be reckoned with out West.

How could they pull off such a feat? More easily than you think, given the contracts they have and management's willingness to pay the luxury tax.Dampier's contract for next season isn't guaranteed, which basically makes him a $12.1 million expiring deal. Howard's contract, worth $10.9million, also has just one season left. Thus, Dallas has the wherewithal to offer massive salary relief for a team looking to unload a star.

I mentioned Iguodala before and find the prospect of him as the Mavs' second banana tantalizing. Imagine him running the break for alley-oops with JasonKidd, playing off Dirk Nowitzki in the halfcourt and checking the top opposing wing player. It's an enormous contract to swallow, and it might requireeating Samuel Dalembert's deal as well, but the Mavs are one of the few teams that could do it. Other star players (Richard Hamilton, Bosh,Carlos Boozer,Jamison, Butler) also could be had with Dallas' expiring deals, making the Mavs potentially a major player come February.

Hollinger analysis.

"He said, 'Well, I didn't get a shot in a game.' If you're 6-10, 6-11, you can get a shot by getting an offensive rebound and getting shots. Anybody, whether it's him or anybody, that thinks a coach has to run plays to get you shots -- that's the sign of a team that's not going to be a very good team," Saunders said.
pimp.gif

is dirk going to opt out next year and max out with the mavs?

and on that crap JA posted only bosh would make the mavs better and able to beat the lakers. them other players do nothing

i still say cuban should of held on to his money in the offseason and been players in the FA race

Back
Top Bottom