Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Al3xis

If I'm Donnie Walsh I'd plan the next couple months as:

Package Jeffries and Nate

Buy out Eddy Curry this summer and save 2 million

That opens up enough for 2 max deals.

The only 3 players I'd give a max deal to are LeBron, Bosh or Wade.

If 2 come great, if not...I re-sign Lee and use the leftover $ to sign a PG like Felton to go with one of them (fingers crossed, LeBron)

That sounds like a hell of a plan... but seriously... Who are the idiost who are going to throw away their jobs in order to take Nate and Jefferies ???
nerd.gif
Jared Jefferies isn't a bad player. He can guard multiple positions, and is a pretty good teammate. He is pretty limited offensivly but he has been one of the better defenders in the league this year. His game doesn't show up in the stat column. I don't see any reason why a team wouldn't him with Nate if the deal was right.

No deal is going to be right with the contract Zeke gave me G. Any GM who takes that on w/o = weight is an imbecile

Problem with packaging Nate with Jeffries is two fold.

1. A lot of teams are leary of tacking on Jeffries, as, he has another year left on his deal. A lot of teams want to cut costs for this offseason and Jeffrieshinders that.

2. Nate is only signed for this season. A team would want assurance he'd resign with them. And even then, a team wouldn't know what the market would belike for Nate. Teams interested in him could opt to wait for the offseason, see how the market plays out, and then offer him a deal, signing him outright...without tacking on Jeffries

Washington would trade Butler for TMac because this is the best time to blow up the team.

Get TMac's expiring, void GA's contract if they can, flip Jamison for a prospect like JJ Hickson, and use the caproom to make a run at this FA class inthe offseason, and that's pretty good, IMO.

Also, *thumbs up Shaq

Stole this from the Cavs thread so I don't get yelled at.

See That: LeBron an original

Bruce Jenkins, Chronicle Staff Writer

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

(01-11) 23:01 PST -- Among certain aficionados of the rare and esoteric, there is a game known as I've Never Seen That. It applies to the history of the NBA, and it addresses the very few players who were outright originals. LeBron James, who graced Oracle Arena with his presence Monday night, is such a player.

The club might be more exclusive than you think. Kobe Bryant hardly qualifies, for he is a veritable clone (with full intent) of Michael Jordan. Shaquille O'Neal wrote luminous chapters of dominance, but we saw a better version in Wilt Chamberlain. Self-styled eccentric Dennis Rodman was a phenomenal rebounder, but not essentially different than the studious Jerry Lucas. Little-man Steve Nash gets to places on the court he has no right to visit, but it's territory previously visited by Tiny Archibald.

Bill Russell was an original, for reasons that need not be explained. So was Elgin Baylor, who turned frontcourt play into an art form, and Julius Erving, who took the best of Connie Hawkins and added a singular style. You think of the George Gervin finger-roll, Bernard King's jump hook, Wes Unseld's outlet pass, the wild and wicked shot releases of Wally Jones and Lloyd Free.

There are people around today's NBA who think that LeBron James is the fastest man in the league with a ball in his hands. Think about that: The man is 6-foot-9 and, some say, around 270 pounds. That's a Karl Malone build. If he's even among the top ten in the league for pure speed, it's a ridiculous notion. But No. 1 sounds more like it. You realize that when you see him in person.

Before Monday night's game, somebody asked James how many points he'd average if scoring was his obsession. The question seemed to baffle him. As unstoppable as he is, James was born to pass. In the manner of Magic Johnson, or any authentic point guard, he gets more satisfaction from gift than glory. That's the first thing people noticed watching tapes of his high school performances: the sensational passes from all angles of the court.

LeBron couldn't really answer the question, because "My game won't allow me to do that," he said. "It won't allow me to not find the open man, to not look for my teammates."

He paused, and broke a smile. "But I do score, like, 61 points in video games."

So much of James' performances border on the surreal. Against the Warriors, he broke out one of his specialties: racing from out-of-the-picture oblivion to catch up with a solo-breaking opponent, timing his leap perfectly and blocking the shot without the hint of a foul or goal-tend. He did it to Stephen Curry in the first half, then sneaked up behind Monta Ellis for an encore in the second half, bringing gasps of astonishment from the crowd and a smile from Ellis, so certain he'd been cruising toward an easy deuce.

This has been a staple of LeBron's game for the better part of two years, and I don't know about you, but I've Never Seen That - not exactly, nor that often. Even from Russell. That's how it goes for the entire LeBron package, one that simply overwhelmed the Warriors on Monday night when it mattered most. Cherish all moments with an original.

Did this writer just try to pass off the block from behind as a LeBron James original? The same move that Tay Prince did in a playoff game to a hall of famerthat swung a series?
grin.gif
sick.gif

Stuff like this is what drives me nuts. This is why I can't stand Bron folk. And it's not even LeBron's fault in the least. It's his people.

Oh, and.....you don't have to guess who posted it either.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

why would washington trade butler for tmac?
laugh.gif
Uhh...the expiring contract that alot of teams are trying to bid for right now?
Yes. Obviously, all teams that want to trade for T-Mac is trading for his contract. However, if no trade occurs and there is a buy-out, bring onthe contenders! Starting all-star and out of the first round. I can only wish.

Rudy Gay is having a great year for the Grizzlies. Hopefully no one overpays him. He should be getting the 5 year, $55 million contract that Kevin Martin gotat most.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Washington would trade Butler for TMac because this is the best time to blow up the team.

Get TMac's expiring, void GA's contract if they can, flip Jamison for a prospect like JJ Hickson, and use the caproom to make a run at this FA class in the offseason, and that's pretty good, IMO.

That would be their best case scenario. Those guys need to be broken up

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

why would washington trade butler for tmac?
laugh.gif
Uhh...the expiring contract that alot of teams are trying to bid for right now?
Yes. Obviously, all teams that want to trade for T-Mac is trading for his contract. However, if no trade occurs and there is a buy-out, bring on the contenders! Starting all-star and out of the first round. I can only wish.

Rudy Gay is having a great year for the Grizzlies. Hopefully no one overpays him. He should be getting the 5 year, $55 million contract that Kevin Martin got at most.
He wanted Granger money before the deadline passed. I can only imagine now he wants Iguodala money.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Stole this from the Cavs thread so I don't get yelled at.

See That: LeBron an original

Bruce Jenkins, Chronicle Staff Writer

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

(01-11) 23:01 PST -- Among certain aficionados of the rare and esoteric, there is a game known as I've Never Seen That. It applies to the history of the NBA, and it addresses the very few players who were outright originals. LeBron James, who graced Oracle Arena with his presence Monday night, is such a player.

The club might be more exclusive than you think. Kobe Bryant hardly qualifies, for he is a veritable clone (with full intent) of Michael Jordan. Shaquille O'Neal wrote luminous chapters of dominance, but we saw a better version in Wilt Chamberlain. Self-styled eccentric Dennis Rodman was a phenomenal rebounder, but not essentially different than the studious Jerry Lucas. Little-man Steve Nash gets to places on the court he has no right to visit, but it's territory previously visited by Tiny Archibald.

Bill Russell was an original, for reasons that need not be explained. So was Elgin Baylor, who turned frontcourt play into an art form, and Julius Erving, who took the best of Connie Hawkins and added a singular style. You think of the George Gervin finger-roll, Bernard King's jump hook, Wes Unseld's outlet pass, the wild and wicked shot releases of Wally Jones and Lloyd Free.

There are people around today's NBA who think that LeBron James is the fastest man in the league with a ball in his hands. Think about that: The man is 6-foot-9 and, some say, around 270 pounds. That's a Karl Malone build. If he's even among the top ten in the league for pure speed, it's a ridiculous notion. But No. 1 sounds more like it. You realize that when you see him in person.

Before Monday night's game, somebody asked James how many points he'd average if scoring was his obsession. The question seemed to baffle him. As unstoppable as he is, James was born to pass. In the manner of Magic Johnson, or any authentic point guard, he gets more satisfaction from gift than glory. That's the first thing people noticed watching tapes of his high school performances: the sensational passes from all angles of the court.

LeBron couldn't really answer the question, because "My game won't allow me to do that," he said. "It won't allow me to not find the open man, to not look for my teammates."

He paused, and broke a smile. "But I do score, like, 61 points in video games."

So much of James' performances border on the surreal. Against the Warriors, he broke out one of his specialties: racing from out-of-the-picture oblivion to catch up with a solo-breaking opponent, timing his leap perfectly and blocking the shot without the hint of a foul or goal-tend. He did it to Stephen Curry in the first half, then sneaked up behind Monta Ellis for an encore in the second half, bringing gasps of astonishment from the crowd and a smile from Ellis, so certain he'd been cruising toward an easy deuce.

This has been a staple of LeBron's game for the better part of two years, and I don't know about you, but I've Never Seen That - not exactly, nor that often. Even from Russell. That's how it goes for the entire LeBron package, one that simply overwhelmed the Warriors on Monday night when it mattered most. Cherish all moments with an original.

Did this writer just try to pass off the block from behind as a LeBron James original? The same move that Tay Prince did in a playoff game to a hall of famer that swung a series?
grin.gif
sick.gif

Stuff like this is what drives me nuts. This is why I can't stand Bron folk. And it's not even LeBron's fault in the least. It's his people.

Oh, and.....you don't have to guess who posted it either.
laugh.gif

word...OCM prob wrote it himself
laugh.gif

original please and hes wearing jordans number
laugh.gif

Jeffries is becoming movable..I hate playing GM, but..one example..

Lakers need bench help right?

Nate, Jeffries, Landry

for

Morrison, Powell, Farmar, Mbenga

money works, LA can pick up another bum big man off the scrap heap

Jeffries contract turns from a liability to an asset in 6 months for a team that doesnt need to cut costs (like LA)

Why would you want all our garbage?

And Nate and Shannon are too similar, would they even coexist?

one more as in place of bangdak..matches $ wise..

Nate, Jeffries, Landry

for

Eddie House, Scal and Tony Allen

wouldn't that improve Boston?

ok, im done now.

In that scenario, I'll be able to sneak up and sit in the front row in March
laugh.gif
people will be LIVID when Nate gets traded.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Jeffries is becoming movable..I hate playing GM, but..one example..

Lakers need bench help right?

Nate, Jeffries, Landry

for

Morrison, Powell, Farmar, Mbenga

money works, LA can pick up another bum big man off the scrap heap This would be great.. Out bench fell off hard. (||)

Jeffries contract turns from a liability to an asset in 6 months for a team that doesnt need to cut costs (like LA)

How is bum #@! jefferies becoming moveable? Knick fans do nothing but bash his bum #@! and they think other teams don't see that he sucks?

Back
Top Bottom