Oakland RAIDERS OffSeason Thread

Having my RAIDERS back in my hometown would be a pleasure to be a part of in my life time....

Peace

From a business perspective, Amy and Mark are sitting pretty and can wait and watch how things unfold. It's San Diego, and to a lesser extent AEG, that are under pressure to make moves.

I'd love to see the Raiders sign a short term lease agreement with the Niners at their new spot while Mark and Co work on bringing a brand new stadium to the Coliseum complex.

It's gonna take serious commitment from the Davis family and obviously public dollars aren't going to be available but I'm willing to bet a decent deal could be worked out with the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority. With all the serious rumors circulating around involving each of the county's three teams leaving in the very immediate future, it's gonna be time to put up or shut up. If the A's go south to SJ and the Warriors shoot across the bridge the county is gonna be under serious pressure to do what ever they can to help keep the Raiders in Oakland. The county doesn't want to be left without a single pro sports franchise and they also don't want to take a huge loss on a massive piece of undesirable land in the middle of the hood boxed in by a terrible freeway. 

From a business perspective, Amy and Mark are sitting pretty and can wait and watch how things unfold. It's San Diego, and to a lesser extent AEG, that are under pressure to make moves.

I'd love to see the Raiders sign a short term lease agreement with the Niners at their new spot while Mark and Co work on bringing a brand new stadium to the Coliseum complex.

It's gonna take serious commitment from the Davis family and obviously public dollars aren't going to be available but I'm willing to bet a decent deal could be worked out with the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority. With all the serious rumors circulating around involving each of the county's three teams leaving in the very immediate future, it's gonna be time to put up or shut up. If the A's go south to SJ and the Warriors shoot across the bridge the county is gonna be under serious pressure to do what ever they can to help keep the Raiders in Oakland. The county doesn't want to be left without a single pro sports franchise and they also don't want to take a huge loss on a massive piece of undesirable land in the middle of the hood boxed in by a terrible freeway. 

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I thought the A's were shooting down to Fremont? and That is still Alameda County..? I haven't heard anything about the Warriors shooting across the bridge...Oracle Arena seems to be just fine for the Warriors, I don't see them playing in any other Arena in the Bay...

But I do agree with you on the city of Oakland feeling the pressure of keeping a sports team once the A's jet outta the Town...I'm just not sure on the extent of how Mark Davis and Amy Trask will handle the Raiders...will it be more passion for football (Al Davis) or will they run more of a business type structure for the team and take the money and run to LA?

It was dope reading/watching on the news about the 500+ fans that were at the Raiders facility Sunday night when the team returned from Houston to pay respects to Al
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I thought the A's were shooting down to Fremont? and That is still Alameda County..? I haven't heard anything about the Warriors shooting across the bridge...Oracle Arena seems to be just fine for the Warriors, I don't see them playing in any other Arena in the Bay...

But I do agree with you on the city of Oakland feeling the pressure of keeping a sports team once the A's jet outta the Town...I'm just not sure on the extent of how Mark Davis and Amy Trask will handle the Raiders...will it be more passion for football (Al Davis) or will they run more of a business type structure for the team and take the money and run to LA?

It was dope reading/watching on the news about the 500+ fans that were at the Raiders facility Sunday night when the team returned from Houston to pay respects to Al
pimp.gif

The A's to Fremont fell through. San Jose popped up out of nowhere as a real possibility when Lew Wolff bought a massive chunk of land near the San Jose Airport where he's building a new stadium for the Earthquakes. He has a bunch of residential and commercial development projects in store for the land but as I understand it what he really wants is for his real estate projects to be centered around a sports complex that houses separate stadiums for both the Quakes and the A's. The only thing in his way is the Giants hold the territorial rights down there so he can't do anything baseball wise until Bud Selig rules one way or the other.

The Warriors to SF isn't anywhere near as close to being a reality but Ellison openly wanted to move the team to SF and there was talk about developing some of the land just south of AT&T in hopes of luring the Warriors over. I guess the rumor still has life because it's an attractive possibility that I'm sure Lacob is aware of. If the opportunity presents itself, I think he'd move to SF over Oakland in a heartbeat.

The A's to Fremont fell through. San Jose popped up out of nowhere as a real possibility when Lew Wolff bought a massive chunk of land near the San Jose Airport where he's building a new stadium for the Earthquakes. He has a bunch of residential and commercial development projects in store for the land but as I understand it what he really wants is for his real estate projects to be centered around a sports complex that houses separate stadiums for both the Quakes and the A's. The only thing in his way is the Giants hold the territorial rights down there so he can't do anything baseball wise until Bud Selig rules one way or the other.

The Warriors to SF isn't anywhere near as close to being a reality but Ellison openly wanted to move the team to SF and there was talk about developing some of the land just south of AT&T in hopes of luring the Warriors over. I guess the rumor still has life because it's an attractive possibility that I'm sure Lacob is aware of. If the opportunity presents itself, I think he'd move to SF over Oakland in a heartbeat.

That's crazy. At first I was sure there had to just be someone out of view to the near side line but all the DB's were in place. It almost looks to me as if Tyvon is counting right before the snap and realizes we only have 10. I think we were missing a LB, quick thinking by Tyvon to see that and fill that void when Schaub was threatening to scramble.

That's crazy. At first I was sure there had to just be someone out of view to the near side line but all the DB's were in place. It almost looks to me as if Tyvon is counting right before the snap and realizes we only have 10. I think we were missing a LB, quick thinking by Tyvon to see that and fill that void when Schaub was threatening to scramble.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

421571833_medium.jpg

False. There's 5 guys on the D-Line. You can see two helmets.
eek.gif
4 down linemen. 1 up on the line to blitz. 2 CB's. Two safties. and McClain. 10 people lined on the field
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Desmond Bryant, John Henderson, Tommy Kelly, Kamerion Wimbley, Rolando McClain, Mike Mitchell, DeMarcus Van ****, Huff, Tyvon Branch and Stanford Routt -- and still, they were able to stop the Texans, who have 11 players easily identifiable on the screen.

421571833_medium.jpg

eek.gif
4 down linemen. 1 up on the line to blitz. 2 CB's. Two safties. and McClain. 10 people lined on the field
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Desmond Bryant, John Henderson, Tommy Kelly, Kamerion Wimbley, Rolando McClain, Mike Mitchell, DeMarcus Van ****, Huff, Tyvon Branch and Stanford Routt -- and still, they were able to stop the Texans, who have 11 players easily identifiable on the screen.

421571833_medium.jpg

Nah that's Mitchell between Wimbley and Kelly on the line, he's just pressed up trying to jam their tight end. 

421571833_medium.jpg

Nah that's Mitchell between Wimbley and Kelly on the line, he's just pressed up trying to jam their tight end. 

Back
Top Bottom