O.J. Mayo is garbage.

Thats exactly the problem. He's 6'4 playing the sg position trying to guard 6'6-6'8 dudes out there every night......
Still I hope he will have a productive career somewhere. Up to this season he was a great shooter

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
@ the thought of a Mayo/Gordon backcourt.

That would be a DISASTER.

Blake would be outta there as soon as that rookie deal is up.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
@ the thought of a Mayo/Gordon backcourt.

That would be a DISASTER.

Blake would be outta there as soon as that rookie deal is up.

Still remember when Miami was giving him a hard look at #2 overall...

Originally Posted by JPZx

And Wade wanted him to play beside him. Would've been 
sick.gif
 in a good way.
I hate when people call guys garbage after their first few years in the league too and that's dealing with anybody.

Where were these guys when Steve Nash,Chauncey Billups, Tony Parker, etc first came into the league? Same thing with Michael Beasley. Sometimes a player needs either a change of scenery or a coach that knows how to utilize him. Does this happen with everyone? No. But, OJ is one of those exceptions to the rule. 

Originally Posted by JPZx

And Wade wanted him to play beside him. Would've been 
sick.gif
 in a good way.
I hate when people call guys garbage after their first few years in the league too and that's dealing with anybody.

Where were these guys when Steve Nash,Chauncey Billups, Tony Parker, etc first came into the league? Same thing with Michael Beasley. Sometimes a player needs either a change of scenery or a coach that knows how to utilize him. Does this happen with everyone? No. But, OJ is one of those exceptions to the rule. 

Mayo ain't garbage. But to safe to say who is winning that Gordon vs Mayo debacle this past summer on NT. What do the Grizz want for him in a trade?

Mayo ain't garbage. But to safe to say who is winning that Gordon vs Mayo debacle this past summer on NT. What do the Grizz want for him in a trade?

Having seen Juice play a few times in HS, he was deserving of every ounce of hype he got at the time.  He was absolutely ridiculous.

Having seen Juice play a few times in HS, he was deserving of every ounce of hype he got at the time.  He was absolutely ridiculous.

My dude seriously needs a fresh start somewhere, word to SuperCool Beas.
30t6p3b.gif

I've watched Memphis quite a bit since his rookie year.....and his role from then till now is completely different.

My dude seriously needs a fresh start somewhere, word to SuperCool Beas.
30t6p3b.gif

I've watched Memphis quite a bit since his rookie year.....and his role from then till now is completely different.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

He needs to come back to L.A.(not LAL)
Why?  We already have Gordon.  I don't think Mayo would be an upgrade.

That said, I don't think Mayo is garbage at all.  He's a pretty gifted scorer.  But he's a little one dimensional and has some limitations (size, athleticism) that will keep him from being a truly elite player.  And I agree that he'd like be better off outside of Memphis.  As soon as the Grizzlies brought in Z-Bo, I had my doubts about all of their guys successfully co-existing and that was before Marc Gasol really started to develop. 

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

He needs to come back to L.A.(not LAL)
Why?  We already have Gordon.  I don't think Mayo would be an upgrade.

That said, I don't think Mayo is garbage at all.  He's a pretty gifted scorer.  But he's a little one dimensional and has some limitations (size, athleticism) that will keep him from being a truly elite player.  And I agree that he'd like be better off outside of Memphis.  As soon as the Grizzlies brought in Z-Bo, I had my doubts about all of their guys successfully co-existing and that was before Marc Gasol really started to develop. 

This is utter nonsense. Trash? Really? Brian Scalabrine is trash. Chris Duhon is trash. D.J Mbenga is trash. O.J Mayo is an effective scorer that can shoot off the dribble or the catch, as well as shoot well from the outside. Guys that can fill it up like that don't grow on trees. Now he doesn't do much else, and he's clearly not a point guard, but he's definitely not trash. Obviously the hype surrounding him of being a prodigy factored into the OP's assertion.

This is utter nonsense. Trash? Really? Brian Scalabrine is trash. Chris Duhon is trash. D.J Mbenga is trash. O.J Mayo is an effective scorer that can shoot off the dribble or the catch, as well as shoot well from the outside. Guys that can fill it up like that don't grow on trees. Now he doesn't do much else, and he's clearly not a point guard, but he's definitely not trash. Obviously the hype surrounding him of being a prodigy factored into the OP's assertion.

Back
Top Bottom