O.J. Mayo is garbage.

roll.gif

I wish someone not as lazy as me would go back through the FIBA thread in the summer and pull quotes about OJ Mayo and how he compares to the other players who deserved to actually make the FIBA team.

roll.gif
at people thinking he should be on any team representing the USA
laugh.gif
roll.gif

He's a decent starter with a decent mid range... but everything else about him... there's not much else to like. He has always been between a PG and a SG... the Gordon vs. Mayo thing was hilarious over the summer. I would ask what Mayo did better than Gordon.... and today the answer is still nothing
laugh.gif

I wish someone not as lazy as me would go back through the FIBA thread in the summer and pull quotes about OJ Mayo and how he compares to the other players who deserved to actually make the FIBA team.

roll.gif
at people thinking he should be on any team representing the USA
laugh.gif
roll.gif

He's a decent starter with a decent mid range... but everything else about him... there's not much else to like. He has always been between a PG and a SG... the Gordon vs. Mayo thing was hilarious over the summer. I would ask what Mayo did better than Gordon.... and today the answer is still nothing
laugh.gif

Im glad everybody else finally sees it, undersized, unathletic, poor defender, horrible awareness, poor ball handler... his only nba level skill was shooting, and now he cant even do that.

Im glad everybody else finally sees it, undersized, unathletic, poor defender, horrible awareness, poor ball handler... his only nba level skill was shooting, and now he cant even do that.

roll.gif

If OJ gets traded, my destination for him would be Cleveland. He can be the no.1 guy there. 

I would want another shooter, a versatile starting PF and a big off the bench. 

Give me Gibson or Mo, Varejao, Hollins, for OJ, Zach (expiring) and Thabeet. They get young and move on, we get another shooter off the bench, a starting versatile PF/C that can play with Gasol or Arthur. And an energy guy at center in Hollins that can block some shots unlike Thabeet. We get more balanced.

But, like I said people are so quick to ride off players. Look at Conley now. He was suppose to be who again? 
laugh.gif

roll.gif

If OJ gets traded, my destination for him would be Cleveland. He can be the no.1 guy there. 

I would want another shooter, a versatile starting PF and a big off the bench. 

Give me Gibson or Mo, Varejao, Hollins, for OJ, Zach (expiring) and Thabeet. They get young and move on, we get another shooter off the bench, a starting versatile PF/C that can play with Gasol or Arthur. And an energy guy at center in Hollins that can block some shots unlike Thabeet. We get more balanced.

But, like I said people are so quick to ride off players. Look at Conley now. He was suppose to be who again? 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
dude just needs to get traded...if he's still buns after that then... 
eyes.gif

30t6p3b.gif
dude just needs to get traded...if he's still buns after that then... 
eyes.gif

You know they going to re-sign ZBo... If not, why waste time making him be your first option this year when there are younger players to focus on.

You know they going to re-sign ZBo... If not, why waste time making him be your first option this year when there are younger players to focus on.

Originally Posted by holdupstop23

OJ could play point, but he can't guard them, which is why he's not getting time there.

He can definitely guard them, his ball handling isnt up to par to be a point though.. Playing alongside the right person he can fill the position

OJ could play point, but he can't guard them, which is why he's not getting time there.

He can definitely guard them, his ball handling isnt up to par to be a point though.. Playing alongside the right person he can fill the position

Originally Posted by henz0

Yup.... dude was the only player to put D. Rose on shut down in college.  He can definitely guard the point. 

Originally Posted by henz0

Yup.... dude was the only player to put D. Rose on shut down in college.  He can definitely guard the point. 

going through a slump but def. not garbage. he's young and still has plenty years to prove himself. relax guys

Back
Top Bottom