• C. Leonardo (the leader)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D. Donatello (The smart one)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Y'all turn so fast 
laugh.gif

I want to sign Love, forget a trade.

But the way things are going, it just smells like the Wolves are going to have to trade him. They'd have no choice. (Melo type of situation)

The most I'd give for him is Stat, Shump (or conditional 1st rounder/second rounder). I wouldn't want to let go of Chandler. Think a front court of Melo, Love, and Chandler would work well.

I want to sign Love, forget a trade.

But the way things are going, it just smells like the Wolves are going to have to trade him. They'd have no choice. (Melo type of situation)

The most I'd give for him is Stat, Shump (or conditional 1st rounder/second rounder). I wouldn't want to let go of Chandler. Think a front court of Melo, Love, and Chandler would work well.
Conditional pick? Under what condition? 
laugh.gif
. The Knicks don't have a 1st until 2018 from what I remember, ain't nobody got time for that 
laugh.gif

THJ is a valuable knicks asset. he can run the floor and shoot 3s. hes also getting better on defense. trading him would be a mistake. shump is still under contract and isnt even making 2mil a year. he can be the bruce bowen of the knicks. even though jr is inconsistent, hes still the 2nd scoring option, which im not too mad at. he shouldve picked up where he left off last year by driving to the rim. 2015 will be a much better year because they get to shed almost 45mil in cap from stat, tyson, and bargs. IF melo stays, hes gonna have to accept less than 20 mil a year if he wants the team to have enough cap to sign good players. he cant pull a kobe and hope that his team will be able to contend with a bunch of randoms.

Conditional pick? Under what condition? :lol: . The Knicks don't have a 1st until 2018 from what I remember, ain't nobody got time for that :lol:

A conditional pick, I don't know. Whatever would seem logical. It's not like the Wolves have many choices, they're desperate.

This trade can very well happen my man. The Wolves have to trade Love. Whether that's the Knicks - who knows, but they have to get rid of him or lose him for nothing.

THJ is a valuable knicks asset. he can run the floor and shoot 3s. hes also getting better on defense. trading him would be a mistake. shump is still under contract and isnt even making 2mil a year. he can be the bruce bowen of the knicks. even though jr is inconsistent, hes still the 2nd scoring option, which im not too mad at. he shouldve picked up where he left off last year by driving to the rim. 2015 will be a much better year because they get to shed almost 45mil in cap from stat, tyson, and bargs. IF melo stays, hes gonna have to accept less than 20 mil a year if he wants the team to have enough cap to sign good players. he cant pull a kobe and hope that his team will be able to contend with a bunch of randoms.
Wat? 

Conditional pick? Under what condition? 
laugh.gif
. The Knicks don't have a 1st until 2018 from what I remember, ain't nobody got time for that 
laugh.gif
A conditional pick, I don't know. Whatever would seem logical. It's not like the Wolves have many choices, they're desperate.

This trade can very well happen my man. The Wolves have to trade Love. Whether that's the Knicks - who knows, but they have to get rid of him or lose him for nothing.
He's not coming here. From his POV, it's a lateral move. Especially with the coaching and Carmelo situation being unstable atm. Yeah, they have to trade him not sure if it would be here though.

regardless of where hes traded, its gonna be a lateral move. whichever team he goes to, theyre gonna have to give up a lot to get him. granted, hes gonna be a FA after this season, so almost anything is better than nothing. love did say he wants to play for the knicks or lakers. honestly, i think going to la would be worse. they dont have a coach, they dont really have a roster, because most, if not all, of the team was on 1 year deals, and kobe is eating too much of the cap. whos to say that kobe is actually gonna come back and play. look what happened to drose. if i were love, id just wait til 2015 where he has options, versus demanding a trade.

regardless of where hes traded, its gonna be a lateral move. whichever team he goes to, theyre gonna have to give up a lot to get him. granted, hes gonna be a FA after this season, so almost anything is better than nothing. love did say he wants to play for the knicks or lakers. honestly, i think going to la would be worse. they dont have a coach, they dont really have a roster, because most, if not all, of the team was on 1 year deals, and kobe is eating too much of the cap. whos to say that kobe is actually gonna come back and play. look what happened to drose. if i were love, id just wait til 2015 where he has options, versus demanding a trade.
He wants out and he wants out NOW. He's been voicing his displeasure with the Wolves for the last three years. He's pissed and his patience has worn out. I don't blame him one but. He's busting his *** for nothing. The Knicks might make a play for him, but I think they will wait on this Melo situation to play out. If Melo leaves, then I think Love becomes the #1 priority, and it should. I can't see Love and Melo on the same team. It doesn't work imo. 

the only player melo can do well with is a PG that drives and kicks. no point in bringing in a big man, because hes in the post. thats whats kind of tough with these scoring forwards, they cant really play together. bosh had to take a major back seat joining the heat and thats the only way it worked for them. doubt love will do that for melo.

We are not getting Kevin Love if it's via trade. Don't set yourselves up for disappointment. We couldn't even complete a deal for Teague w/ out assets, what makes you think we'd get one for Love?.

I would however like to trade Tyson Chandler for a 1st round pick & a pointless contract if a team that is interested in him is willing to do that.

I was down to wait for Melo, cause i really like the core of Gallo, W. Chandler, Mozgov, Amare few picks that we did have.

But as of right now all we have is Melo, Iman, THJR, anyone one else can be gone and what would it matter ?
I feel like if we could make a trade for Love we should cause if we're in the run for Love vs. Lakers and everyone else, we probably won't sign him.
Lakers have picks AND cap space for 2015, and is where K. Love is tied to.

With our lack of assets, If Phil were to pull off a trade for Love, I would consider it a steal.

dnnhwz.jpg

Last edited:
no way someone is giving up a pick in THIS draft for tyson. the knicks arent getting love, because they dont have enough to trade for him. its a bad fit with melo anyway. it would be a nice consolation prize if melo leaves and love comes in 2015.

Phil should have never mentioned going after Love. He's about to go 0 for 2. Not a good start.

They can have anyone though.

Y'all know me for being the pessimist (I say realist) that I am. But I very much think a K Love trade to the Knicks can very well happen. It's def one of the teams on the list. It's not out of the realm if possibilities. That's all I'm saying.

If K-Love says he's wants to be a Knick (which from we all understand it's one of the teams on the list), he'll be one. It's really up to him. Wolves can't bargain.

Not trying to set anyone up for disappointment but it's a real possibility. Whether Melo and K-Love can work is another issue for another day if he comes along.

I think our best shot is by trade, but even through trades, we don't have much assets. Reason why I said if Phil were to pull off a trade for K. Love, it would be a steal.

Love and Melo can't co-exist. I don't see it. Let's just say it were to happen, a really good PG is needed, I don't see that scenario here. Love is possible if Melo is out.

Love and Melo can't co-exist. I don't see it. Let's just say it were to happen, a really good PG is needed, I don't see that scenario here. Love is possible if Melo is out.

Differences is we'll have a system, not just iso ball

name me a time where Carmelo was efficient and effective without a point guard. I'll wait. 

Because we need a PG don't mean we should not go after a quality big men. We don't have any either.

If Phil is looking to bring his style to NY, we don't need an all star/ superstar caliber PG.
A solid pass first, defensive PG would do the job. Phil has how many ring with who Steve Kerr, Derek Fisher as PG ?
Wing and bigs are critical in the triangle.

Sign or trade for K. Love we'll still have a nice amount to build a roster next year.

I never said a good PG isn't needed just don't agree that they can't coexist.

Last edited:

name me a time where Carmelo was efficient and effective without a point guard. I'll wait. 
Because we need a PG don't mean we should not go after a quality big men. We don't have any either.

If Phil is looking to bring his style to NY, we don't need an all star/ superstar caliber PG.
A solid pass first, defensive PG would do the job. Phil has how many ring with who Steve Kerr, Derek Fisher as PG ?
Wing and bigs are critical in the triangle.

Sign or trade for K. Love we'll still have a nice amount to build a roster next year.

I never said a good PG isn't needed just don't agree that they can't coexist.
Assuming Melo will stay AND buy into the system. By all accounts it's an intricate system that can't be dumbed down if you want to run it effectively. If Melo stays, I think it will show his true basketball IQ honestly. You're right, you don't need a big name PG for it to run effectively. For all intents and purposes you would need a PG who is a "game manager" for lack of a better term. I'm not projecting anything for this team at this point, I'm guessing like everyone else. But I will say building a team around Melo is like building a team that fit Allen Iverson. Put players around him that can do really well what he can't do. Get better rebounders, passers, team defenders, and dudes that hustle so that responsibility doesn't fall on him and he gets constant blame. His job is to get buckets. No more, no less. He CAN do that for you consistently. 

Back
Top Bottom