• B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Seriously.

Apparently no one knows what type of guy Phil Jackson if Mark Jackson and JVG keep being brought up in the conversation. They just don't get basketball.

What I can say tho is - under any normal James Dolan underachieving type of year - Mark Jackson would be coach right now. But not under Phil boy. This isn't our normal lackluster franchise move we make every 3-4 years :lol:

@sprewelll: According to @stephenasmith , Phil Jackson has told Knicks players he will be running training camp

:nerd:

Hah! So Phil Jackson is our coach? The man really won't settle for anything but the triangle. This should be interesting. I wonder how he'll start to feel midway through the season when he's traveled to around 20 away games.

Last edited:
Hah! So Phil Jackson is our coach? The man really won't settle for anything but the triangle. This should be interesting. I wonder how he'll start to feel midway through the season when he's traveled to around 20 away games.

Baby steps, g...it's only training camp :lol:
I want him to coach too, but I doubt it'll happen. Maybe if we can't find a suitable coach, but again, I doubt it.

Maybe if this bum roster shows him something in camp

We've been focused on these dudes contracts expiring, but maybe we'll also get better production from some of then being on a contract year.

Last edited:
What am I hearing about this Luke Walton business? 
roll.gif

Hey Phil, hire yourself and call it a day. The end. 

Why y'all get so mad at Proph's thread title edits? I find them hilarious and if anything they make me want to enter the thread even more even if I knew they're bull **** :lol:

Don't brush off Luke Walton so easily yet :lol: If Phil is really running training camp he might pull a Pat Riley and hire some no name video guy to be coach and just puppeteer him like that.

What's with the JVG obsession in here

i mean is there a better option thats available and willing?
JVG isn't available or willing. He hasn't been that for the Knicks for years. His name gets mentioned to an insane degree as if there's even been a rumor he's returning to coach.

Not saying young Walton can't coach, who knows? I will say this, this team needs an established coach that knows what he's doing and can put them in their place. Walton will NOT get the respect of this team. He's 34. Nobody is going to respect him on this squad. Phil should just coach. There is no other coach out there that can do it.

id rather phil hire dfish or walton and then take over like pat riley did. bring us a chip and walk off a champ.

doubt thatll happen though :lol:

It's time to take a vacation from this thread. So many bad names and rumors in here. Being a Knick fan, I'll be back in here tomorrow. SMMFH

I love how people automatically assume this is Dolan's working. Not everyone wants to come to NY, man.
I don't see a bad side to this at all to even go the blame Dolan route when it's clear Phil is in charge. Aint nothing wrong with not giving Steve Kerr, a first time coach, 25-30 mil on a 5 year contract. Before we even get to the not wanting to come to NY. Son obviously used this opportunity to get paid the most by a team with a better roster that probably won't do any better than it already has while remaining close to family.

It's more like not everybody is built for NY. That pressure, media spot light, along with the challenge of this roster was probably too much for a guy like Steve Kerr. Just going off his playing career he's just been the guy in the right place that gets the pass, not the hungry create a play and impose his will type. Thinking type, just made the smart move.

Back
Top Bottom