Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
The one-horse Knicks coaching derby should come to its conclusion this week. Steve Kerr is scheduled to broadcast Game 1 of the second-round NBA playoff series between the Thunder and the Clippers in Oklahoma City on Monday night with longtime TNT partner Marv Albert. That could be Kerr’s last telecast, with a league source saying matters with the Knicks should progress this week. Lute Olson, his former coach at Arizona, said last week Kerr’s wife, Margot, has already given him permission to accept the Knicks job. Everyone remembers that Raptors GM Masai Ujiri inherited Casey, so the season began with most coaching insiders expecting Ujiri to be on the hunt for his own man by now. -New York Post

I was reading a few days ago that Kerr would only take the job with the assurance that Melo stays. So with the Kerr signing and Melo meeting with Phil, could probably wrap that up.

even if kerr takes the knicks job which he should i dont see why he cant broadcast the playoffs... the season is over in june and kerr will have more than enough time to preprare for next season... but i guess with free agency coming up and the draft he has to be present for all that

Ya'll can't be serious about rooting for the Nets over Miami. Miami is the two time defending champion. What the hell does it matter if they win a third? While on the other hand, ya'll are willing to entertain the possibility of the NETS winning a championship in NYC in their first year? Right under our f'n noses? In the same year we FAILED to make the playoffs? Man some of ya'll fanhood looking funny in the light. I hope Brooklyn gets swept. I hate the Heat but at this point it is what it is and a Heat loss does little to change what's happened since LeBron got there. The implications of a possible Net championship make me sick to my stomach.

Ya'll can't be serious about rooting for the Nets over Miami. Miami is the two time defending champion. What the hell does it matter if they win a third? While on the other hand, ya'll are willing to entertain the possibility of the NETS winning a championship in NYC in their first year? Right under our f'n noses? In the same year we FAILED to make the playoffs? Man some of ya'll fanhood looking funny in the light. I hope Brooklyn gets swept. I hate the Heat but at this point it is what it is and a Heat loss does little to change what's happened since LeBron got there. The implications of a possible Net championship make me sick to my stomach.

Nobody on here said Nets are gonna win the chip. Everybody on here said they just want the Nets to beat the Heat. We are all smart enough to know that the Nets do not have what it takes to win it all.

laugh.gif

At this point Carmelo returning would have to be a gentleman's agreement. Kerr would be taking a leap of faith by signing now as coach. July 15th is a loooooong way homie. Things can change. But who knows? We have to just wait and see. 

Nobody on here said Nets are gonna win the chip. Everybody on here said they just want the Nets to beat the Heat. We are all smart enough to know that the Nets do not have what it takes to win it all.
But answer my question though, what does it matter if the Heat win again? As compared to any possibility of the Nets winning. We're really going to leave it up to Washington or Indiana to clean them up? Come on b lol. Nets even making the finals is a major move in their first year getting established in the city. We haven't sniffed the finals in like 15 years.
Hating the Nets isn't gonna make the Knicks any better
laugh.gif
and no part of me will ever root for Miami
But part of you will root for Paul Pierce?

I hope Miami SWEEPS the Nets.

The Nets already have had a better season than the Knicks. So the further they go into the playoffs, the worse the Knicks look.

On another note, S. Kerr needs to sign on as our coach already. :nerd:

But answer my question though, what does it matter if the Heat win again? As compared to any possibility of the Nets winning. We're really going to leave it up to Washington or Indiana to clean them up? Come on b lol. Nets even making the finals is a major move in their first year getting established in the city. We haven't sniffed the finals in like 15 years.

Dawg, I live in South Florida and have to live and put up with the constant slandering and boasting. These Heat fans think they untouchable. I do not wanna see the Heat win...EVER. The Nets making it far will only make the Knicks/Nets rivalry much much better in the coming years. Knicks/Heat rivalry is a MUCH BIGGER rivalry for obvious reasons going back over a decade ago. Do I think the Nets make it to the finals? NO!! but if I had to choose, I'd choose Nets over Heat. I don't care really bout the other teams but my Knicks, but it's anybody but the Heat.

Last edited:
I know y'all don't want to hear this but there is no such thing as a Heat/Knicks rivalry at the moment. There aren't any rivalries in the NBA currently, which is sad.

It's like saying the Yankees/Red Sox are a rivalry now. I mean division rivals yeah, but not like back in the late 90's/early 00's. The bitterness is lacking.

But part of you will root for Paul Pierce?

Knicks/Heat rivalry is a MUCH BIGGER rivalry for obvious reasons going back over a decade ago. It's anybody but the Heat.

I hope Miami SWEEPS the Nets.

The Nets already have had a better season than the Knicks. So the further they go into the playoffs, the worse the Knicks look.

On another note, S. Kerr needs to sign on as our coach already. :nerd:

Knicks have nobody but themselves to blame for being the laughing stock of the NBA.

Dawg, I live in South Florida and have to live and put up with the constant slandering and boasting. These Heat fans think they untouchable. I do not wanna see the Heat win...EVER. The Nets making it far will only make the Knicks/Nets rivalry much much better in the coming years. Knicks/Heat rivalry is a MUCH BIGGER rivalry for obvious reasons going back over a decade ago. Do I think the Nets make it to the finals? NO!! but if I had to choose, I'd choose Nets over Heat. I don't care really bout the other teams but my Knicks, but it's anybody but the Heat.
Well for you, then you're excused lol. The rest of ya'll should be cheering for the Heat. I know they were one of our biggest rivals in the 90s but honestly this Heat team is so far removed from that one it's hardly a rivalry anymore. Especially considering we suck. And like I said, whether its 2 chips or 3 makes little difference to us while a Nets trip to the finals has real implications for us, not just as fans but as a franchise. Who is going to want to come play for us, when they can go play for the Nets, who will have gotten more done than us in one year than we have in 15? And I don't want a Knicks/Nets rivalry. I want the Nets to be an insignificant speck on our radar. I want their team to fold and their hipsters to die. I want them to keep having to funnel in crowd noise. I want gentrification to be their claim to fame. Smh. These dudes are setting up shop on our block b, I'm not with it. At all.

Not to mention Miami's fan base is made up of bandwagon fans with little to know knowledge of or respect for the game. **** them and their "fans"

yo rav said it best, seeing the Nets, garnett and pierce have that ticker tape parade would make me sick to my stomach. not to mention there'd probably be 150 people there :smh:

i hate miami but for this ONE series i wanna see Lebron do the conan the barbarian thing and end this in 4 .....

Back
Top Bottom