• B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
:smh:

Donald Sterling: It’s the world! You go to Israel, the blacks are just treated like dogs.
V: So do you have to treat them like that too?
Donald Sterling: The white Jews, there’s white Jews and black Jews, do you understand?
V: And are the black Jews less than the white Jews?
Donald Sterling: A hundred percent, fifty, a hundred percent.
V: And is that right?
Donald Sterling: It isn’t a question—we don’t evaluate what’s right and wrong, we live in a society. We live in a culture. We have to live within that culture.
V: But shouldn’t we take a stand for what’s wrong? And be the change and the difference?
Donald Sterling: I don’t want to change the culture, because I can’t. It’s too big and too [unknown].
V: But you can change yourself.
Donald Sterling: I don’t want to change. If my girl can’t do what I want, I don’t want the girl. I’ll find a girl that will do what I want! Believe me. I thought you were that girl—because I tried to do what you want. But you’re not that girl.

NEW YORK –- Even a decade later after the Nets swept the Knicks out of the playoffs, Jason Kidd still is needling those Stephon Marbury-led Knicks.

Before Game 3 against the Toronto Raptors, the Nets head coach was asked if he could ever recall a time when something seen in a newspaper was ever used as bulletin board material for a team.

Kidd initially couldn’t recall anything that the Nets might’ve done during his time in New Jersey.

Then a reporter mentioned how Tim Thomas once called Kenyon Martin “fugazi” during the Knicks-Nets first-round series back in 2004.

“Oh, um, that wasn’t really a series,” Kidd deadpanned. “It wasn’t.”

Kidd and the Nets swept Marbury’s Knicks, 4-0, in a series that was more hotly contested off the court. Not only was there the Knicks-Nets rivalry but it was punctuated by the rivalry between Kidd and Marbury, the former Net who was traded for Kidd and felt strongly that he was the best point guard in the league at the time.

And there was Thomas and Martin’s feud which began when Thomas basically all but challenged Martin to a fight and called the Nets power forward “fugazi” which was a slang term for a fake tough guy.

The next day, Martin showed up at a media availability wearing the New York Daily News' back page on his chest. The News' back page had a picture of Thomas with the headline "Whiny Tim." Martin taped it to the front of his practice jersey like a marathoner's number –- giving new meaning to bulletin board material.

The whole conversation was brought up because Kidd was asked if the Nets used Raptors GM Masai Ujiri’s “F--- Brooklyn!” pep rally cry as bulletin board material.

“It’s never thrown on a bulletin board,” Kidd said in general terms of anything inflammatory said off the court. “We just focus on the game. That’s between the fans and the media for them to have a story or talk about. For the players, it’s about basketball and being able to execute.”

Except, or course, a decade ago when the Nets and Knicks played in a lopsided first-round series that proved to be more memorable for what was said off the court.

ny_rivalry_02.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh the Fugazi comment 
laugh.gif

I don't even want to read that LJ article, the link title alone sounds ridiculous

At the time, I thought the backcourt of Allan Houston and Marbury would take us far. :smh:

H2O just wasn't healthy and we depended on Penny Hardaway. He did ok but obviously he wasn't what he use to be.

My blind Nets hate wouldn't even let me accept that they were good. :lol:

Rolled my eyes at Kidd and K-Mart highlights on sportscenter, feeling like "why can't we have things?" :smh:

Last edited:
lol...I would like to think they were overrated for the simple fact that the east was wack

Plus I hated Richard Jefferson

I saw Richard Jefferson one time waiting in line to buy some DVD's at Best Buy in Chelsea. Dude wore a grey Toronto Blue Jays hat and was talking on the phone with someone. The guy was holding the phone with his palm and covering his face with the rest of his hand.

I've never seen someone cover the entire bottom half of their face with just one hand before :lol:

J-Kidd Nets were never that good. The East was just really bad then every time they made it to the finals, sorta like now.

They were the poor man's version of the Sacaramento Kings that didn't run in to the East version of the Lakers.

All black league :lol: I mean what is the league now? He think there gonna be a black league with nothing but black owners?

Don't get why dudes are going in on LJ. I'm not black nor am I for an all-black league, but when you hear a white owner talk about how he puts food on their tables and gives them homes and cars, I can imagine he'd get pissed and say **** this dude lets show them we don't need them and they need us. On top of that we don't know what he's been through and the **** he's dealt with racially throughout his life. Who are we to judge how a dude who might have been caught up in the moment feels.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom