Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Oh, and you guys are crazy if you think this squad will be in the tank next season. I'm damn near certain that something big will go down this summer if Melo decides to stay.

Lol like what? We've got no cap space and nobody is gonna take on our bad contracts/headaches.

It would be great if they really could trade Amar'e for an actual mailman like he is in that commercial 
laugh.gif

If I was the Lakers, Bulls and Celtics I would take him on because they're desperate for a scorer lol. And thats what JR likes to do shoot shots from half court and take ill advised jumpers. Some days he's streaky and some days he's ice cold. His behavior both on and off the court drop his value tremendously.

Last edited:
Honestly if Melo comes back I expect very little roster moves to be made. Prolly pick up a PG. Doubt we trade anyone cuz we have no assets, no one wants JR or Stat and Phil loves Shump.

That being said with a new coach I still expect us to compete for the 3rd or 4th seed with virtually the same roster. Woodson cost us between 12-15 games between bad starting lineups, horrible rotations, nonexistent play calling, inefficient use of timeouts, lack of a true offensive philosophy, stubbornness to change ineffective defensive philosophy, the list literally is endless. With a new competent coach I think this same roster can challenge the top powers in the east.

Plus I rather just keep the same roster for one more year rather than risk messing up our cap space for 2015 where we have a chance to put together the top team in the East. To me no FA on this years class is worth sacrificing that for, but that's just me.

Everyone wants the triangle, what personnel do that have currently that can make that happen? First of all, the triangle is hard to implement, even with the right pieces in place. It mostly relies on trust, and we know how much they trust each other now. Even if it does work, with this mix, it's going to take more than one season to work. Second of all, JR can't stay, he has zero basketball IQ and would only wreck it if that was the system. Thing is, no one wants him at his price.
Not everyone. Phil Jackson. The person in charge. Everyone else just realized the inevitably of the triangle coming to MSG.

Dump anybody who can't play the triangle and get players who can. It's not gonna happen over night but it's gonna happen.

You gotta stop pretending like we're locked in to this roster forever and we can't move any of them.

Everyone wants the triangle, what personnel do that have currently that can make that happen? First of all, the triangle is hard to implement, even with the right pieces in place. It mostly relies on trust, and we know how much they trust each other now. Even if it does work, with this mix, it's going to take more than one season to work. Second of all, JR can't stay, he has zero basketball IQ and would only wreck it if that was the system. Thing is, no one wants him at his price.
Not everyone. Phil Jackson. The person in charge. Everyone else just realized the inevitably of the triangle coming to MSG.

Dump anybody who can't play the triangle and get players who can. It's not gonna happen over night but it's gonna happen.

You gotta stop pretending like we're locked in to this roster forever and we can't move any of them.
I see that, but they are handcuffed to JR presently and have no real wiggle room until 2015. Expectations should be tempered for the time being. 

can JR just be released or is it gonna count against the cap??
Amnesty was used for Chauncey unfortunately
We could still buy him out. Of course he'd have to be willing but once Kerr benches him for 40 games I'm sure he'll agree.
It sucks but the benefit vs. the cost of business for that is invaluable. But then again, the Knicks paid Marburry to watch them on tv for all intents and purposes 
laugh.gif

I heard that audio of Phil on Melo....hmmmmm
link sir?
nerd.gif
I heard the blurb of it on ESPN radio.

call me crazy but if i had to keep 1 id keep jr.... i know shump plays defense and his contract is less but he is just so trash... he is not that much better than landry fields and thats pitiful... hopefully 1 of them gets moved this offseason along with chandler bum as

call me crazy but if i had to keep 1 id keep jr.... i know shump plays defense and his contract is less but he is just so trash... he is not that much better than landry fields and thats pitiful... hopefully 1 of them gets moved this offseason along with chandler bum as
you're crazy

Back
Top Bottom