Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
I'm a big Isola fan but I'm not buying into any of those articles. Isola hates Dolan, which is great but this article is him blowing it out of proportion if its true at all. The media hates Dolan and they want this situation to end badly. It kind of pisses me off.

As for Dolan, he's an idiot. Just sit back and make your money. It's not like Phil firing everyone would make us worse than this year.

I hope Phil fired all the employees and medicinal staff. They're saying he wants Steve Mills gone too. Do it Phil, PHIRE EVERYONE.

Carmelo to the Lakers is still hilarious. Can't believe people think it's even possible. He'll be in NY next year.

I hate isola... he knows the knicks dont give him love so he just hates on them... dude got played out on phil news conference and was tight on twitter :lol:

there's no way at this point GS is letting go of Mark Jackson.

there's been buzz of the ownership/management not being happy with him over the last month and a half or so

if they lose in the first, i think he'll be gone for sure

Not to keep rehashing it @Master Zik but his defense being not up to par because up top pretty much strong armed him into making sure David Lee keeps getting his minutes. Last year with no AI and this year with that pressure, it's not really surprising. It's why they've been having so much head butting between him and the owners. He got forced in to that rotation and couldn't play the AI/Green combo that would have given them so much more versatility defensively throughout the year. Throw in the owners getting rid of his staff without his knowledge and he's in a really hard place to try and succeed. The one thing he really deserves blame for is sticking with Barnes for so long.

Don't get me wrong, I still lean to Kerr. But Jackson is getting a very bad and unwarranted rap.

Quotes from Phil at today's presser:

- Opened up by saying: "there is no news"

- As far as a new coach goes, Jackson says, “We’re looking for a leader.”

-Phil said the coach has to have a good personality and is a forward thinker.

- Phil said he and Kerr philosophically have a strong connection. He'll talk to him later this month, see his interest and if he's up for job

- Phil said he would not divulge any other potential candidates for the Knicks job.

- Jackson says “a lot of times [in sports] we get caught up in replicating what other people do.” Says Knicks won’t be following that path.

- Jackson says he will talk to Steve Kerr “later on this month” about Knicks. Says they have talked before, regarding potential Seattle move.

- Jackson said he told the players after the season finale “there will be changes.” But he can’t say yet how much change will be made.

- Phil said "it's not a priority" to hire anyone in front office now. Mentioned Clarence Gaines Jr has been working for Knicks for 2 was.

- Jackson says Jeanie Buss recently tried to talk him into coaching. Why does she want him to coach? “Lower risk,” he said. But still says no.

- Jackson said Jim Dolan "has been loyal to that promise" of letting him be in charge of all basketball decisions.

- Jackson reiterated he has no plans to coach.

- Phil said he hopes Carmelo Anthony "stays true to his word" and be willing to take less to give Knicks more flexibility.

- Phil said he and the head coach will decide the staff. He will let the head coach pick, but Phil ultimately will have veto power.

Is there a link to a video? Edit: I guess there isn't one yet

I'm just following all of this on twitter

Last edited:
Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 56s

Phil says "it's surprising" to him how many ppl are interested in the job despite the fact that triangle will obviously be used next year

Triangle it is :pimp:

Melo taking less to stay with the team....for flexibility? FOH 
laugh.gif
. Unless Phil has a Jedi mind trick or blackmail, I'm not sure about that one. 

Steve Popper ‏@StevePopper 23s
Phil Zen on Melo: "If it's in the cards man are we fortunate. If it's not in the cards, man are we fortunate and we're going forward anyway

Damn :lol:

i feel whatever "thing" between phil jackson and dolan over the firing of the entire coaching staff is overblown at the very least, if not downright false

yeah it was franky ice and all that, but i believe there's media leeches wanting to suck onto any hint of disagreement with the knicks. especially now

don't fall for it

good to hear phil taking over this franchise and doing it his way...and there seems to be a plan with or without melo... sounds good to me :D

I like the fact that Phil is saying Melo isn't bigger than the organization. It's a gamble though. Phil's playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers?

:rofl: @ Dolan.

How could you guys not think that there is some truth to that report?

Phil whacks ER'BODY. (Supposedly to cleanse the organization of Dolan moles/spies). The people who got fired don't expect it (like Herb) go to Dolan asking for their job back. He says he will see what he can do. Goes to Phil. Phil reminds Dolan of his promise to let PJ have total control. Minor disagreement happens.

Not too hard to imagine at all.

Oh, and you guys are crazy if you think this squad will be in the tank next season. I'm damn near certain that something big will go down this summer if Melo decides to stay.

Back
Top Bottom