Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D. Donatello (The smart one)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Son wtf is the story behind that pic :lol:

My man Woody must have had JR set him up

Last edited:
I have a question/scenario for Knicks fans:

Lets say Melo is in a room with Phil, one on one. They are discussing his possible future with the NYK.

Phil lays out a scenario: Do you want to get paid (max deal) or win. We (The Knicks) will offer you $20 mil a year for the next 5 years, in exchange, you get to pick 2 of these players on a list to acquire to help us win.

If Melo takes the $ do you want him on the team?

If Melo decides to take a "pay cut" and smaller contract who would you want them to put around him?

2014 NBA Free Agents

1 Eric Bledsoe Phoenix Suns Restricted
2 Kyle Lowry Toronto Raptors Unrestricted
3 Isaiah Thomas Sacramento Kings Restricted
4 Mario Chalmers Miami Heat Unrestricted
5 Greivis Vasquez Toronto Raptors Restricted

1 Dwyane Wade Miami Heat Early-Termination Option
2 Lance Stephenson Indiana Pacers Unrestricted
3 Gordon Hayward Utah Jazz Restricted
4 Avery Bradley Boston Celtics Restricted
5 Rodney Stuckey Detroit Pistons Unrestricted

Luol Deng Cleveland Cavaliers Unrestricted
4 Rudy Gay Sacramento Kings Player Option
5 Paul Pierce Brooklyn Nets Unrestricted

1 Chris Bosh Miami Heat Early-Termination Option
2 Dirk Nowitzki Dallas Mavericks Unrestricted
3 Tim Duncan San Antonio Spurs Player Option
4 Greg Monroe Detroit Pistons Restricted
5 Zach Randolph Memphis Grizzlies Player Option

1 Pau Gasol Los Angeles Lakers Unrestricted
2 Marcin Gortat Washington Wizards Unrestricted
3 Spencer Hawes Cleveland Cavaliers Unrestricted
4 DeJuan Blair Dallas Mavericks Unrestricted
5 Emeka Okafor Phoenix Suns Unrestricted

^ OR he can just go to Chicago and play with the DPOY and a former MVP without having the total burden of being team leader. He can do what he does, get buckets, and they'll fill out the rest.

Too many restricted FA of consequence up there, not all of them are leaving their current teams.

^ OR he can just go to Chicago and play with the DPOY and a former MVP without having the total burden of being team leader. He can do what he does, get buckets, and they'll fill out the rest.

Too many restricted FA of consequence up there, not all of them are leaving their current teams.

So in other words, you think he's bolting to Chi most likely

Thibs might be out of Chicago as well.

I don't think we'll really get a good idea of where Melo may end up until the playoffs ends and free agency opens up. I suspect we'll have a clear understanding sometime around mid-July.

So in other words, you think he's bolting to Chi most likely
Not necessarily. I DO think what he does at this point speaks to how he views winning. Given the current conditions with each team, he can stay with the Knicks, get paid and sacrifice another bad year team wise, to hope that FA would come to NY and play for whatever coach they pick and have Phil as President. 

On the other hand, he can take less money to go to a team that has already proven how mentally tough they are without their best player. A coach with a defensive mind that could potentially mask his defensive inefficiencies, role players and a bench that's solid (even though Taj Gibson might have to go), all without the responsibilities of being the man. The pressure of that would be off him in Chicago. 

Now he's talking about winning now, surely he'd have to wait if he stays and the Bulls seem more ready made to win now. I'm just looking at it from a basketball standpoint, it just makes sense. But like I said his decision would truly tell us where his focus is when he talks about winning rings. 
Even if Melo takes a pay cut we can't sign anyone worthwhile from the 2014 class....
Yup

If I was Melo I would not want to put my future on D Roses knees....
The thing about that is they help each other. Less stress on Rose to get back to where he was, less stress on Melo to carry a team. Noah's emergence and now DPOY. If it came together any other way, people would be excited. I think it works for everyone, but that's just me. 

Can you imagine the ugliness of a Rose-Melo offense?

Yuck
Yeah. Terrible. 
mean.gif

Still better than Felton-Melo :lol:

Speaking of Felton--Are we stuck with him next season as well?

He did play kind of well for us at the end, but he's not going to improve on his weakest part of his game, which is his perimeter defense. Teams will constantly attack him because they know how poor of a defender he is.

No Chicago would be cheap. Which is very possible.

If melo was smart he would opt in for one year and see who comes the next

Back
Top Bottom