Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Personally, I think this was the worst season I've ever witnessed. I started following them during the 99 run. Every year after that our expectations were met. Competitive lottery team, laughing stock, first round exit, etc. This year was just a straight up tease. Bunch of false hope.
If you started following them in '99, what made you choose Starks as your avy? I'm not trolling, it's an honest question. He was done in NY by then. This was NOT the worst season you witnessed. Malik Rose, Jerome James, Eddy Curry, Mardy Collins, Renaldo Balkman, and Steve Francis would like to have a discussion with you :lol:

I was watching a bunch of old videos from the 94 run one day in class and just loved Starks' passion. I usually hate chucks (JR), but I loved his energy. Then someone posted some cartoons in the NBA thread a couple of days later and I chose that pic :lol:

My favorite Knick during my "era" is H20 though :smokin

Also, even though those rosters were bad, we knew what to expect. We knew everyday we'd be laughed at and everyday we'd be talked about in a negative way. Organization was in a downward spiral during that time. It was all expected. This years disappointment definitely was not.

The '94 run....
tired.gif

I never liked John Starks even though many do. But don't let this "old man" ruin your view of him 
laugh.gif

and dont disrespect mardy collins he was a decent pg and never really got a fair shake here... but all of a sudden charlie ward gets a pass though

and dont disrespect mardy collins he was a decent pg and never really got a fair shake here... but all of a sudden charlie ward gets a pass though
Where's Mardy now? Charlie was better and I wasn't crazy about them picking him either. He should have went to the NFL, but that's another topic for another day. 

@beh235 - Yea i can definitely see why starks isnt likable to everyone. Love/hate relationship with him.

Lol chill bro. Never mention Charlie and Mardy in the same sentence. I actually liked Mardy too, I remember Clyde saying he wanted to mentor him because he remind him of himself. He had a couple of nice games, but overall he was terrible :lol:

Edit- I'd take Mardy over Felton though

Last edited:
I just didn't like how Starks would run his mouth in games that mattered and got his *** busted. It got old. He had his moments where he was good but ultimately, when he had to go head up with Reggie and Mike....well....you know. Granted they were the top guards, but you don't give them extra motivation. He did it time and time again. Then of course there was game 7 in 94....
mean.gif
. See, after all these years, you'd think I'd let it go by now 
laugh.gif
. I have but those are things you don't forget. 

Man if I would've witnessed his game 7 performance I would've NEVER forgave him. Literally. :smh:

Glad I was 3 years old then :lol:

Last edited:
Man if I would've witnessed his game 7 performance I would've NEVER forgave him. Literally.
mean.gif

Glad I was 3 years old then
laugh.gif
Yeah 3/18 bruh. It's one thing to be completely out of it for years, but it hurts more to be in game 7 of a winnable game....and blow it.

please dont remind me 2-18 :smh: but still i respect starks because he had heart... im not mad i got his jersey always wanted it :pimp:

If NT was around then, people would have called for Riles to be fired and Starks to be traded for a hamburger

Mardy Collins :lol: :smh: might as well bring up Rick Brunson, Frank Williams and Dan Dickau.

We need a David Wingate appreciation night. Dude used to provide some crisp passes to Ewing in shoot around.

To be honest, I haven't been watching the playoffs nor do I intend to. Maybe I'll watch the finals.

All I know is that Blake Griffin threw water at a fan :lol:

Last edited:
Maaaan, seeing all these names of these bum *** guards we've had over the years makes me more depressed than how this season ended.

The names being mentioned in here. It's definitely the offseason thread now. I gotta take a break from this **** :lol:

I wonder if a move could be made for Reggie Jackson.

it would likely have to involve Tyson Chandler, Iman Shumpert, Kendrick Perkins and filler to make it work.

I wonder if a move could be made for Reggie Jackson.

it would likely have to involve Tyson Chandler, Iman Shumpert, Kendrick Perkins and filler to make it work.

Tyson's or Amare's expiring along with Shump will net us a PG this off season.

Maybe so, but I wouldn't be so confident.

Expiring contracts don't have the value they used to if they don't net back another expiring and/or additional asset (unless desperation/stupidity is somehow involved.

Back
Top Bottom