Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
As a general fan of the NBA, I think that's a cop out. If that was ya mans before and you were dying to get him here, don't quit on him. Don't shun him when things didn't pan out. 

Man go to hell
:rofl:

beh235 your a cool dude but your playing both sides of the fence yourself. You can't constantly come at the fans that did want the Melo to succeed by saying they are delusional and how you've been saying it since day 1 it isn't going to work and they need to realize it, then flip the script and say if we wanted him we should stick with him once they feel it isn't going to work out.

are we all cool with watching Melo age rapidly after 31 making max money while all the other teams in the league continue to get younger and more athletic

I rather see if we can trade him during this draft for a top 10 pick just to get this "rebuilding" started earlier.

Whether he stays or leaves, we should be real good in 2016.

I'm for Melo staying, who else can we get, that has equal value? And truth be told, I hope they keep Stat, let him cook if he comes back healthy, trade 77, please.

I'm for Melo staying, who else can we get, that has equal value? And truth be told, I hope they keep Stat, let him cook if he comes back healthy, trade 77, please.
You can't just double down on mediocrity over and over again.  If you're not getting it done you have to actually build the team the right damn way, which the Knicks threw out the window when they traded every possible asset they had for Melo in the first place.

are we all cool with watching Melo age rapidly after 31 making max money while all the other teams in the league continue to get younger and more athletic

Nope, I'm not.

If the Knicks were this bad while Melo had the best season of his career, I don't even want to think 3-5 years from now. It'd be better for both (Knicks & Melo) to part ways.

But Melo will take the money. He's not going anywhere. :lol:

ive always thought this, (but never said it out loud just in case it comes true :lol: ) always thought that Melo is the new age TMac.

based on their play, personality. but obviously TMac was more athletic. but you substitute the dunks, reverse layups, with Melos post scoring

-can score at a high clip
-have their moments on defense, but lazy most of the time
-look for their own shot
-wants to be the man on the team
-drafted into the wrong situation

hope to gawd Melo wins a ring tho

As a general fan of the NBA, I think that's a cop out. If that was ya mans before and you were dying to get him here, don't quit on him. Don't shun him when things didn't pan out. 
Man go to hell
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Man go to hell
for someone who's not a knicks fan this dude sure got a lot of opinions about 'em
For better or worse, they're fun to talk about. So, being a basketball fan, I'm not allowed to have an opinion on the Knicks? They're not the only team I have an opinion about. You can't front, because of the long years of agony, Knicks fans make themselves and easy target with their frustration and hope for the team. It doesn't take much to give a Knick fan feels and you know it. It's all done in good fun because it's only a game an entertainment man. 

Man go to hell
roll.gif

beh235 your a cool dude but your playing both sides of the fence yourself. You can't constantly come at the fans that did want the Melo to succeed by saying they are delusional and how you've been saying it since day 1 it isn't going to work and they need to realize it, then flip the script and say if we wanted him we should stick with him once they feel it isn't going to work out.
Ok, let me clear this up. I only came at the fans initially when y'all got excited and were talking about playing Miami in the ECF when the Knicks have done nothing up until that point. They were just getting started to turn the tide or at least attempt to. And you know what? At the time you had every right to be excited. BUT, looking at it from a basketball standpoint, I knew they weren't a complete team. That was my whole point from the jump. People were talking about the Knicks being a championship contender getting STAT and Melo and having D'antoni as coach, when in fact, D'antoni doesn't coach defense. How can you realistically have a championship team without some sort of defensive identity? Just be real about it. Furthermore, Melo was never known for defense, so how can you have an entire team buy into a defensive mindset when your perceived leader and best player doesn't even commit to it himself. When STAT got here first it was good he took the leap, but in the back of my mind I knew it wasn't a good move ultimately because of his injury history and contract. I knew it would handcuff the Knicks from doing anything if something went wrong with him. I might not have said it on NT but I've had plenty of conversations with people about that. They didn't want to hear it and they were the first ones complaining when he kept getting hurt. It's not the first time a player has done that so it didn't come as a surprise to me. When STAT and Melo first played together, I saw within 5 minutes that it wasn't a good mix. They looked worse that Wade and Lebron when they first got together. It was awkward and clunky and it looked like a disaster off the bat, once again, I was called a hater and crazy. I call it how I see it. I'm a son of a coach, shoot me if I don't look at it from a fan's perspective. I love to watch basketball played beautifully in the flow of how it's supposed to go, the Knicks with this personnel oftentimes didn't have it. I also don't know how anyone glossed over JR Smith's history throughout his career and wanted him here. Him being a headache at his talent level isn't worth it. I said last year don't re-sign him, everyone told me to shut the hell up, now a year later what are y'all screaming? It's just common sense sometimes. The Knicks have been a poorly run organization for the better part of 15 years now. I would love for them to be competitive on a regular basis. I was once where a lot of you are, but I just can't be a naive fan expecting high goals when I know my team's management doesn't put them in position to reach that goal.

In b4 TL:DR

ive always thought this, (but never said it out loud just in case it comes true :lol: ) always thought that Melo is the new age TMac.

based on their play, personality. but obviously TMac was more athletic. but you substitute the dunks, reverse layups, with Melos post scoring

-can score at a high clip
-have their moments on defense, but lazy most of the time
-look for their own shot
-wants to be the man on the team
-drafted into the wrong situation

hope to gawd Melo wins a ring tho

Na, T-mac was better than Melo and their games are way different. Don't see the comparison.

The only thing they have in common is losing in the playoffs.

wouldn't say great defender but he def was a better play makers and under-rated passer.

He wasn't no 7 feet tall though :lol:

Def not a great defender, had his moments when he'd shine on defense but other moments where he was lost.

T-Mac tho on offense was unstoppable, he had no weaknesses. He had everything plus he was an amazing finisher with a bunch of athleticism. Melo can't finish for his life and is way less athletic. T-Mac in his prime when it came down to scoring on offense was better than LeBron, only person in the league that could compare would be Durant, but he really is 7 feet. Those injuries tho :smh:

I think Foam is trying to be funny when callin T-mac 7 feet (I think)? Cause thats an inside joke between NTalkers that dates back to that SLAM cover with Tim Duncan & Kevin Garnett :lol:

Last edited:

Man go to hell
for someone who's not a knicks fan this dude sure got a lot of opinions about 'em
For better or worse, they're fun to talk about. So, being a basketball fan, I'm not allowed to have an opinion on the Knicks? They're not the only team I have an opinion about. You can't front, because of the long years of agony, Knicks fans make themselves and easy target with their frustration and hope for the team. It doesn't take much to give a Knick fan feels and you know it. It's all done in good fun because it's only a game an entertainment man. 
yeah i didn't mean to snap at you. was just in a bad mood earlier

you're one of the cooler non knicks fans in here plus you actually get discussions going so i apologize

Back
Top Bottom