Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Phil better make sure he gets in bold letters in his contract that James Dolan does not interfere in ANY basketball operations, just open up his purse when he needs to sign players etc. He doesn't need to be at press conferences NOTHING.

I just really hope the dark days are coming to an end. If Phil can't even fix this I...just don't know anymore.

Lol at the Knicks acting brand new though with this 4 game winning streak as though this is suppose to impress him or something. Cute.

Hope thats not from last night, theres a game today isnt there? 
laugh.gif

I don't care what anyone says. It's a no brainer. If it crashes in flames then It will still be more interesting then the alternative. and if it turns out Dolan is still a giant piece of **** that I know he is...... Phil will air him out and donnie never would have. Btw I'm upset about all the Donnie slander. It's not his fault lebron was a giant vagina.

Last edited:

Steve Mills is as good as gone btw.
Good. And how cool is Dolan to only send him initially to speak to Phil. Awesome, go get the man that I'm replacing you with Steve. Dolan man...
mean.gif
. If Dolan doesn't keep his nose out, Phil will simply resign. It's that simple.

Steve Mills is as good as gone btw.
Good. And how cool is Dolan to only send him initially to speak to Phil. Awesome, go get the man that I'm replacing you with Steve. Dolan man...
mean.gif
. If Dolan doesn't keep his nose out, Phil will simply resign. It's that simple.
To me it sounds more like it'll be Phil firing Steve. Dolan will just ok it.
Nah, Steve knew what the deal was when he was sent to go speak to Phil, it's ok though, he'll go back into Dolan's pocket when he's fired 
laugh.gif

Not sure where anyone is getting that Mills is as good as gone.  All reports thus far have said that he will definitely remain in the organization. 

That's why I said the next trading deadline. The expiring guys are usually pretty damn worthless other than their contracts. That's why those guys are usually moved at the deadline and not in the off season for guys who can actually contribute to those teams.

Unless they work out a S&T or lose Melo and bring in new pieces, it's not going to be that different of a team next season until after February.

I wouldn't say worthless. Amare and chandler are playing really well lately. I actually wouldn't be opposed to the knicks resigning them in 2015, for a good deal. Meaning less than 8 mil each. The only player they really need to drop is Felton. I'd rather have Pablo run the point full time.

Not sure where anyone is getting that Mills is as good as gone.  All reports thus far have said that he will definitely remain in the organization. 

He's gone as GM. Phil is expected to select every position that he wants. He isn't expected to keep Mills as GM

If this happens, to me-

A) It's as close as we can get to having Dolan being non-existent. If he can't relinquish control to Phil Jackson it will NEVER happen and Phil will bounce in a year or 2 himself and the cycle continues.

B) I have no idea if it will work. Phil hasn't done this before, if he wants the triangle - well, it's never worked with anyone BUT him - and will he work hard enough throughout the year, hire the right people (not his buddies) etc?

C) But ****, he has more rings than fingers. I'll take my chances on him more than others.

D) The roster still sucks and just have to hope this isn't another 2,3, year stop gap with a 'big name' - hope he can see things through. Because Indiana and LeBron/Riley aren't going anywhere.

E) I like Steve Kerr. He comes across as bright and a forward thinker and don't think he would be tied to the triangle and maybe in Phil's time off he's not as adamant about that being the only way to do things. I was very much against hiring Mark Jackson way back when for no experience - but that was when, to me, we needed some form of an established coach heading into the future/free agency. I'm more open to taking a chance on an unproven this time. All I ever ask for with this franchise is a semblance of a plan. Phil/Kerr would at least feel like that, much like Walsh/D'Antoni originally were until the undercutting.

Well said.

Point A is what I'm most excited about. It's Phil Jackson. If you can't let Phil Jackson have "total" control, then it just won't ever happen and the Knicks will be cursed forever with Dolan.

And same with your final thought.. just have a plan. Stick to it, work at it, if it fails.. then it fails, but don't just keep mashing stuff together and hope it works.

Back
Top Bottom