Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
That's why I said the next trading deadline. The expiring guys are usually pretty damn worthless other than their contracts. That's why those guys are usually moved at the deadline and not in the off season for guys who can actually contribute to those teams.

Unless they work out a S&T or lose Melo and bring in new pieces, it's not going to be that different of a team next season until after February.

"Everything is pretty much done," the source said. "There are just some little things here and there that need to be worked out, but the Knicks are very confident that this is essentially done."

An official announcement might not come until next week, the source said.
Gonna have us waiting like this for the next week or two
mean.gif

He's never coached at the NBA level. Was a decent GM in Phoenix.

Think he's a good enough basketball brain to become a head coach.

I still hold out hope they'd reach out to GSW and work out a buy out for Jackson.

I like Steve Kerr because he knows who he is and he makes fun of himself all the time for being an unathletic player from a relatively soft and privileged background who was lucky to play on the bulls.

But since he is those things, and is so openly, there's no way he can come coach in NY and command the respect of the players we have.

And it's not happening. If I weren't bored on the toilet I wouldn't even entertain this :lol:

Last edited:
I think anything can happen as far as kerr being a good coach.... nobody thought hornacek would be a good coach and same goes for thibbs and mark jackson but they are doing a good job in their first coaching gig

Last edited:
I like Steve Kerr because he knows who he is and he makes fun of himself all the time for being an unathletic player from a relatively soft and privileged background who was lucky to play on the bulls.

But since he is those things, and is so openly, there's no way he can come coach in NY and command the respect of the players we have.

And it's not happening. If I weren't bored on the toilet I wouldn't even entertain this
laugh.gif
Speculation, and that's all that it is, is that he is the front-runner right now. 

I personaly dont know what to think of all this.

All my laker friends txting cursing me out and im sitting here like " I hope the hawks lose some more games" :/

You can't use the rest of this years success as the basis for judging the move. Next year there shall me high expectations as there was the year. Only difference is that we are coming off a poor season.

This could be the first time in a decade that someone not named IT could be free to make basketball choices without Dolan breathing down his neck, Errol Childress style.

And he can bring in guys who won't empty suits for Dolan too.

I feel like the darkest chapter for the Knicks is closing.

...unless this is all bs and Phil is just cashing them checks. :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
If this happens, to me-

A) It's as close as we can get to having Dolan being non-existent. If he can't relinquish control to Phil Jackson it will NEVER happen and Phil will bounce in a year or 2 himself and the cycle continues.

B) I have no idea if it will work. Phil hasn't done this before, if he wants the triangle - well, it's never worked with anyone BUT him - and will he work hard enough throughout the year, hire the right people (not his buddies) etc?

C) But ****, he has more rings than fingers. I'll take my chances on him more than others.

D) The roster still sucks and just have to hope this isn't another 2,3, year stop gap with a 'big name' - hope he can see things through. Because Indiana and LeBron/Riley aren't going anywhere.

E) I like Steve Kerr. He comes across as bright and a forward thinker and don't think he would be tied to the triangle and maybe in Phil's time off he's not as adamant about that being the only way to do things. I was very much against hiring Mark Jackson way back when for no experience - but that was when, to me, we needed some form of an established coach heading into the future/free agency. I'm more open to taking a chance on an unproven this time. All I ever ask for with this franchise is a semblance of a plan. Phil/Kerr would at least feel like that, much like Walsh/D'Antoni originally were until the undercutting.

Last edited:
I think if the fans/media can absorb another sub par year (but this time expected rather than the "shock" of this year), then it could lead to better things.

Back
Top Bottom