Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
I honestly dont think you guys realize how good Lowry is, especially defensively. He'd do this team wonders, and yes he can be a long term PG because he'll get the 35 min a game at PG on this team and he's proven when he gets the minutes he flourishes.

We just need a defensive PG that gets others outside of Melo involved. Lowry is a nice cheaper version of Rondo.

I dont like his attitude though. He has a ego.

Both Lowry and Teague are band-aids...the cheap kind from the $0.99 store.

They're gonna work for a little while but we'll be slandering them just like we are Felton, before next season is over.

This is a league of elite PGs now and that's what we need. Not another middle of the road, possible sixth man type player.

I mean, if we can get them for the low just to carry us over until we can get a real 1 on the FA market, then lets go.

But neither one of them are the answer to our long term problem.

I understand that The L has plenty of great Pg's but that should not be the knicks focus when they have Melo. If he stays a "Great" PG isn't needed just one who's good (Lowry) and fits the style of play the team is going to run.

I think that's exactly what Melo needs though.

A great PG who defenders have to respect as a scoring and passing threat, some one that is good enough not to pass him the ball at times and get other players involved.

That way he can do what he does best, hit those spot up jumpers and exploit mismatches.

He's never had that in his career and that's why he still hasn't reached his full potential yet. We see the force that he is in the ASG and the Olympics when there are other threats with the ball in their hand and he can just get in position and fire but he has never had that in Denver or NY.

Melo and a Tony Parker/CP3/Rondo/Wall/Kryie/Curry level PG would run a train on the NBA, even if they were surrounded by role players and scrubs.

Rondo x Melo x Love/Marc Gasol = Championship

Perfect balance.

Last edited:
I would definitely give up THJr for Rondo and pretty much whoever else they wanted.

Carmelo and Rondo.....tears to my eyes.
Both Lowry and Teague are band-aids...the cheap kind from the $0.99 store.

They're gonna work for a little while but we'll be slandering them just like we are Felton, before next season is over.

This is a league of elite PGs now and that's what we need. Not another middle of the road, possible sixth man type player.

I mean, if we can get them for the low just to carry us over until we can get a real 1 on the FA market, then lets go.

But neither one of them are the answer to our long term problem.
I agree.

I like Lowry but I think he has an ego and his having a great contract year. He has this attitude that I don't like. I'm fine with trading for it but Toronto isn't trading him unless we overpay and I don't want that. He's not worth it.

Teague isn't anything special. Felton and a 3rd round swap or a straight up 2nd round and Beno. Teague is seriously average.

I honestly dont think you guys realize how good Lowry is, especially defensively. He'd do this team wonders, and yes he can be a long term PG because he'll get the 35 min a game at PG on this team and he's proven when he gets the minutes he flourishes.

We just need a defensive PG that gets others outside of Melo involved. Lowry is a nice cheaper version of Rondo.
I don't believe in Lowry like that. He aint no cheap version of Rondo for sure.
Y'all sleeping on Teague, y'all must have forgot how he did against D Rose in the playoffs a couple years ago. He exactly what this team needs, a floor general.
Rose is a terrible defender and I don't remember him shutting Rose down. Two offensive guys going at it don't mean anything.

Believe it or not, I think a good point guard for us would be one who is pass first. We have decent enough scorers especially with Melo, and when Earl is on he is on, he's been good lately, even Stat and THJr, even Tyson trying to show out, p-n-r needs to be further utilized. As long as people stay relatively healthy(Stat) why do we need Andrea? I'm sure we could net some modest pieces for him. Why could Pablo been born ten years earlier.

I caught that, whatever the case is, he's old, and he needs to not be old. Kinda like Sabonis, who came over too late but you could tell he was the truth.

if we trade hardaway and a 1st rd and whoever else they want for lowry I swear to god that's my final straw w dolan and this team I cant take it anymore and or if melo walks to the heat

sabonis is an interesting player he was supposed to be Russia last great player and they refuse to let him come to the NBA till he was passed prime I wonder what kind of impact he would of had on the league at that time he got drafted in 89

another point I was thinking is why did it take Pablo so long to come to the NBA he was the 04 fiba MVP when they spanked USA any ideas?

another point I was thinking is why did it take Pablo so long to come to the NBA he was the 04 fiba MVP when they spanked USA any ideas?

He's had many offers to come over to the NBA for at least a decade now. He didn't want to go play in the NBA, because he enjoyed playing in Europe and his family was situated and settled there already. It wasn't until 2008 where he got a chance to sit down and talk to all the Argentinean national players during the Olympics about coming over the NBA. Manu Ginobili is the one who convinced Pablo to "give the NBA a try" since he was already entering the later parts of his career and should do it before he retires from basketball.

Pablo Prigioni would've been a SOLID starting PG if he came here 10-12 years ago.

Last edited:
None of these trades do anything for me.

Either wallow in mediocrity or be marginally better with a trade and get to a couple games under .500.

Lose-lose

from what i see there's a rumor about giving up shumpert & thjr for....
jeremy lin
if that happens, i'm on team lakers 

The New York Knicks are interested in trading for Jeremy Lin.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/232023/Knicks-Interested-In-Trading-For-Jeremy-Lin

The Knicks let Lin sign with the Houston Rockets in the 2012 offseason.

New York has been searching for trade possibilities at point guard.

Lin's contract expires after the 14-15 season, which preserves their cap flexibility for 2015.

18115w.jpg

Back
Top Bottom