Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
What about trading Chandler seeing as tho we aren't THAT bad without him playing?

dont get ahead of yourself... that 5 game winning streak was great but it proved nothing since they lost to the bobcats... the season was lost as far as getting under .500 because of chandler going down our defense was not the same...

Rumor is JR was complaining about not playing in OT against the Suns so Woodson benched him. Not sure if I believe it though

Especially after he's been riding with JR so hard and for so long during all that bs he was pulling. I mean keep in mind he only benched him for one game after his wild nonsense with the laces

Ok, so the laces and the defiance to joke and do it again was Woodson's boiling point and enough was enough. We all talk about how in pro sports especially in the NBA its a players league and the players run things. Here is a coach showing discipline when he has had enough and people have a problem with it?!

I personally believe Woodson was over it after the one game benching. Something had to have happened to change his mind. After the Heat benching he plays JR for 2 games and even comments on him about being more professional etc and now last night he doesn't play him or comment again. I just don't see Woodson as being that petty....I mean its not like we are talking about MDA here.

At the end of the day no matter what happened. The blame falls on JR as he has been unprofessional. When you are unprofessional you deserved to be held accountable.

i think the general consensus veers toward the inconsistency of the knicks leadership (coach, mgmt, etc)

granted it's only been a few games since he was benched for one game after he was fined, but you already let him play two games after that - two games in which he contributed. and then you shun him the very next game?

i'm sure there's the reason, but woodson's refusal to say anything about the matter hints of his stubborness. it also focuses (even) more attention on jr smith's role with the knicks than what should be the real focus - the team winning.

what i'm saying is that woodson's on/off, hot/cold thing he got going on with jr smith right now is more disruptive and front page headline than the team itself. that's the problem

I agree to the fans its frustrating that Woodson won't say anything about the matter and I do feel that the fans have a right to know. However I think that has nothing to do with Woodson's "stubbornness". Woodson not speaking on the situation is an order from upper management. The other day a PR rep pulled him away before he could answer a question regarding JR. This is not Woodsons call at all here.

Woodson has no doubt been stubborn on certain issues but labeling him as stubborn in this situation is a bit unfair.

Earl should have played last night. Woodson is a fool. Handle your issue and let him play. Team needed fresh legs and Carmelo looked tired the whole game.

Jimmer Fredette.....hahahaha. He won't be in the league much longer. Terrible player.

Someone willingly traded for An often injured Gerald wallace who is making 10 mill a year for the next two seasons... J.R can be traded but they need to get consistent play from him first

All of our trade scenarios are so warped cause of ridiculous contracts lol. I wish we could put something good together to lure Kevin Love away from Minnesota.

All of our trade scenarios are so warped cause of ridiculous contracts lol. I wish we could put something good together to lure Kevin Love away from Minnesota.

My fingers are crossed from now. Love or Irving in free agency. It's almost a guarantee that Love is leaving

having kevin love on the team would be like having another melo. not quite melo, but you know what i mean.  i feel like they're similar players 

toney douglas gonna (potentially) get that chip. this world sucks

My fingers are crossed from now. Love or Irving in free agency. It's almost a guarantee that Love is leaving
Yeah but to keep it 100 I don't see why he wouldn't go to LA. Aside from MDA lol. But its not like we're in a better situation. He's from Cali too, right? Man it'd be a helluva move if we could pull him.

i think the general consensus veers toward the inconsistency of the knicks leadership (coach, mgmt, etc)

granted it's only been a few games since he was benched for one game after he was fined, but you already let him play two games after that - two games in which he contributed. and then you shun him the very next game?

i'm sure there's the reason, but woodson's refusal to say anything about the matter hints of his stubborness. it also focuses (even) more attention on jr smith's role with the knicks than what should be the real focus - the team winning.

what i'm saying is that woodson's on/off, hot/cold thing he got going on with jr smith right now is more disruptive and front page headline than the team itself. that's the problem
I agree to the fans its frustrating that Woodson won't say anything about the matter and I do feel that the fans have a right to know. However I think that has nothing to do with Woodson's "stubbornness". Woodson not speaking on the situation is an order from upper management. The other day a PR rep pulled him away before he could answer a question regarding JR. This is not Woodsons call at all here.

Woodson has no doubt been stubborn on certain issues but labeling him as stubborn in this situation is a bit unfair.
you may be right about woodson being told what to say and how to say it. knicks run like north korea a lot of the time

I'd give JR away for a #1 if we can't get anything decent for him that won't infringe on our upcoming cap space in 2015.

I'm hearing J.R. Smith was upset he played just 45 secs of OT in Monday 's win over Suns. J.R. said something to Mike Woodson & was benched 

Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN)

I'd give JR away for a #1 if we can't get anything decent for him that won't infringe on our upcoming cap space in 2015.

:lol: A first rounder is something more than decent. It's not just some thing teams are cool with throwing away

Packaging JR with Chandler makes Smith more appealing.

JR has negative trade value. You have to do something like this to convince other teams to take him. The Knicks can't even give him away for nothing... they need to give him away WITH something.

Otherwise the Knicks are stuck with him for 3 years when they don't want him. Other teams are doing the Knicks a favor if they take him, and they all know it.

Last edited:
  1. Chris Herring  ‏@HerringWSJ  17m
    Woodson: "After awhile, enough is talk is enough talk, and the player has to be held accountable. We're at that point."
  2. Chris Herring  ‏@HerringWSJ  18m
    Woodson: "I'm not kicking JR to the curb here; he's a big part of what we do. But he's got to stay on the same page w/ his head coach.
  3. Chris Herring  ‏@HerringWSJ  26m
    Woodson says the JR situation is "in-house." Suggests that everyone that needs to know why JR isnt playing already knows.

4. Chris Herring  ‏@HerringWSJ  29m
    Hearing Woodson now makes it sound as if there very well might have been another incident after the shoelace thing.
  5. Chris Herring  ‏@HerringWSJ  30m
    Woodson, on ESPN radio, says he won't discuss particulars of JRs situation, but says he has to view it as a privilege to play in the league

k love is exactly what we need.  you can never have too many jump shooting big men that don't defend
I don't know why you even saying that sarcaastically, no way we get K. Love anyway.

To your criticism though, I'd take all that for Love's superior Ben Wallace like rebounding skills.
JR being benched had to come from the FO. What could he have possibly done in the past 48-72 hours with all the games theyve played in that time?
PLENTY.

Son rather be in the club than sleep.

having kevin love on the team would be like having another melo. not quite melo, but you know what i mean.  i feel like they're similar players 

toney douglas gonna (potentially) get that chip. this world sucks
I'd take KL in a heartbeat...

Sad that I agree with JR saying, "for the shoelace incident to be a trigger point for all this to happen is rediculous" He's done waaaaay worse than that as a Knick. It's almost like they are disciplining JR because of what others are saying, as opposed to knowing how to run a team.

What about trading Chandler seeing as tho we aren't THAT bad without him playing?
I'm down with that, just be prepared for the uproar of ppl saying why trade Tyson and not STAT (cuz they'll ignore right now STAT is pretty untradeable unless we want an equally bad contract in return).

I don't know why you even saying that sarcaastically, no way we get K. Love anyway.

To your criticism though, I'd take all that for Love's superior Ben Wallace like rebounding skills.
and i don't know why u guys constantly blurt out your favorite nba player wish lists without even considering whether it makes sense basketball wise with our current roster.  if we weren't stuck with amare or bargnani then it would make sense to consider and i would probably be all about it.

and how dare u insult ben wallace like that.  ben didn't have to sacrifice his defense in order to pad his stats.  plus he was even shorter than love.  

@IanBegley: In addition to his Monday night tiff with Woodson, as reported by the NYDN, J.R. Smith was also late to a team meeting Tuesday, sources say.

Back
Top Bottom