Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
One day yall can't stand JR and wonder why he's playing, next day yall mad at Woodson for not playing him :lol: :lol: definitely Knicks fans

I tried to trade JR on the trade machine, but his name came up ineligible for trade. Not sure why.

I'm gonna miss JR's high points (no pun intended) but if we gotta part ways with him then so be it.

I tried to trade JR on the trade machine, but his name came up ineligible for trade. Not sure why.
"Under a quirk in the new collective bargaining agreement, J.R. Smith  is eligible to be traded Jan. 15 and the way things are going, the Knicks would have to explore it.

Smith is one of seven free agents signed in July who won’t become trade eligible for another month because their teams are over the salary cap and they signed for 120 percent more than their prior season’s salary."

At this point, however, Smith plans to use only his actions to demonstrate he is prepared for minutes.

“The communication from my end is over,” Smith said. “I’m just going to show by my effort.”

The loss to the Bobcats behind them, the Knicks now move on to Indiana, where they were defeated in last season’s Eastern Conference semifinals. Smith struggled on the floor there, and now he returns in the midst of a different type of struggle. He’s hoping to come out of this one better than he did the last.  

“Wherever we were going, it would hurt for me to be in this situation,” Smith said. “I’ve been in this situation before. It’s not a great situation to be in, so, I mean, just try to handle it better than I did in the past.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/sto...nk-benching-jr-smith-is-their-headache-remedy

Nobody wants him lol. Seriously tho, we're absolutely stuck
laugh.gif
 This. I think he's eligible for trade later this month. There's a rule where FA that just signed can be traded after a certain point. Now thinking about it, the Knicks overpaid for JR 
mean.gif

Edit: Thanks @8PM at MSG  for correcting that

Last edited:
Nobody wants JR, he's a knucklehead and a headache. He might as well be injured and be shopped. 

"Under a quirk in the new collective bargaining agreement, J.R. Smith
 is eligible to be traded Jan. 15 and the way things are going, the Knicks would have to explore it.

Smith is one of seven free agents signed in July who won’t become trade eligible for another month because their teams are over the salary cap and they signed for 120 percent more than their prior season’s salary."

maybe he'll get traded this month?:smokin

As much as he needs to be gone JR is here to stay. The Knicks bid against themselves over the summer. Overpaid whilst knowing he was injured and then threw his brother half a million. After all that Knicks logic says keep Mr.Smith.

I don't think trading Chandler is a good idea. Once Amare breaks down again we would pay for that decision. And the team plays worse with the Italian on the court.

One day yall can't stand JR and wonder why he's playing, next day yall mad at Woodson for not playing him
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
definitely Knicks fans
i think the general consensus veers toward the inconsistency of the knicks leadership (coach, mgmt, etc)

granted it's only been a few games since he was benched for one game after he was fined, but you already let him play two games after that - two games in which he contributed. and then you shun him the very next game?

i'm sure there's the reason, but woodson's refusal to say anything about the matter hints of his stubborness. it also focuses (even) more attention on jr smith's role with the knicks than what should be the real focus - the team winning.

what i'm saying is that woodson's on/off, hot/cold thing he got going on with jr smith right now is more disruptive and front page headline than the team itself. that's the problem

Back
Top Bottom