Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters

rebounding is part of defense tho.  love often does not contest shots at the rim and instead immediately boxes out his man to get the board.  he's is great at boxing out but big men gotta defend the rim as well, wallace was able to do both without sacrificing the other.  and love is not grabbing the type of grown man boards ben was ripping down.  phenomenal at boxing out and his outlet passes are on point but he is not on bens level as a complete rebounder. laugh away.
so what you're saying is essentially just box out and hope that the other team misses the shot..........i agree with you that rebounding is part of the defensive scheme but that won't fly with the better teams, i'm not even talking about contenders/upper echelon teams just better teams in general. that said, everything else you said is on point - with his offensive skills your ought to sacrifice on defense i suppose. whereas ben doesn't even come close to the offensive prowess of KLove.

why does thjr look like he's gonna bring back red light squeegee cleaning back in style?

why does felton look like he's in 11th grade?

They're away from home. Usually NBA players wear their warm-up apparel when on the road. Raymond Felton does look a little young, but he's also the shortest guys in the picture. That's not helping :lol:

so what you're saying is essentially just box out and hope that the other team misses the shot..........i agree with you that rebounding is part of the defensive scheme but that won't fly with the better teams, i'm not even talking about contenders/upper echelon teams just better teams in general. that said, everything else you said is on point - with his offensive skills your ought to sacrifice on defense i suppose. whereas ben doesn't even come close to the offensive prowess of KLove.

None of that matters. If Love was on the team, our defensive philosophy would still hurt us. There isn't much effort on defense and we take the "easy way out" playing defense. All that switching drives me crazy. Why can't we ever fight through screens and communicate on defense?

I can't figure out for the life of me how Woodson rationalizes playing that kind of defense. It's like he's coaching a JV high school basketball team.

Last edited:
Tonight will tell a LOT. I'm not expecting a W. But we better be competitive and give ourselves a chance.

Lots of motivation for this game.

I bet J.R. plays tonight.

Hopefully Chandler can play great tonight, without a good effort from him we are toast.

For all those hating on JR for the shoelace incidents, Larry Legend used to do it frequently but was never fined. Although he is a way different caliber of player. So the actions aren't unique.

For all those hating on JR for the shoelace incidents, Larry Legend used to do it frequently but was never fined. Although he is a way different caliber of player. So the actions aren't unique.

the actions between the two couldn't be more black and white

what a horrible comparison bro

You think it's about the shoelaces? You think thats why some of us hate him? :lol:

The thing that stinks the most about this whole JR thing is that it was voluntary, they could have simply decided not to re-sign him. In all honesty, he hasn't done anything worth a damn for the team since April. The Knicks continue to burn opportunities away :smh: . Now they can't give him away. I heard Woodson on the Stephen A. Smith show today and I already knew what Woodson meant when he said "It should be a privilege to put on an NBA uniform" which let me know JR has been late to practice and has been arguing with coach. Sure enough, that's what it was :smh: . They can't have a successful season going forward with this as a distraction. JR might calm down, but it's not going away. This is who he is. It's magnified when they are losing more than winning. In Denver it was quieted because they made the playoffs every year and he wasn't heavily depended on. Now it's just....:smh: . They have to get rid of him.
I dont blame NYK for signing JR after the season he had last year with us. But I agree, he is a problem. I think Woodson's doing a good job benching him and keeping him in check. But theres just so much a coach can do with a player.
It will be difficult to trade JR now with his antics and poor performance. But we dont need him anymore with Hardaway and Shump stepping it up.

:smh: if Toney ******g Douglas gets a ring before we do :stoneface:
:lol:
I thought that was a horrible trade for Miami. But I think they did it to free up some $.

@HerringWSJ: Woodson says everyone should be available tonight -- Prigioni likely to suit up, as well as JR Smith

Last edited:
@HerringWSJ: Melo, yelling from the trainer's room: "Ah-ha! Raymond got a pee-pee test!" Probably fair to assume Felton's taking a drug test.

:rofl:

Tonight:
Tyson should come in like a man posses
Bargi should have a real good game because he will be open alot
More post play for Amare can easily get Hibbert in foul trouble
Shump and Melo should take turns guarding Paul G
More importantly, treat this game like a Playoff battle

laugh.gif
I never said Kevin Love was a good defender. All I talked about was his rebounding because he is a great rebounder. If you want to turn rebounding in to an argument about defense go ahead.

I'm not splitting semantic hairs about made up terms like "complete rebounder" when all I originally said was "I'd take all that for Love's superior Ben Wallace like rebounding skills".
i repeat rebounding is a part of defense.  what u meant was "i'd take all that for Love's superior Ben Wallace like rebounding statistics." if u didn't then that is an insult to ben wallace and i question whether u watch games or are just more of a box score checker

we better win tonight **** indy

Last edited:
Would you guys consider Knicks/Pacers as intense of a rivalry as it was back then when Miller was playing? I personally dont think so.

-Melo will put up 40 shots tonight
-we'll get smacked
-Cope subs in for garbage time, shoots 3 in Melos eye (Woody never sits Melo during 4th no matter what) does 3 to the dome celebration & throws 'phone' to Knicks bench

Back
Top Bottom