NYC IS DEAD Vol. Post Covid - NY Post Article gets response from Seinfeld, Now counter response from Author

All these transplants complain about NYC. I moved here in the 90s. The city now is a easy peasy. Let it restructure and resettle. What made New York great when I grew up, the small pockets of ethnic groups, has slowly disappeared. Maybe they’ll come back by allowing immigrants to be able to afford to live here again

Most of us won’t miss Kevin from Iowa, they come and go like the wind. But I do miss the immigrant from some remote part of the world who opened up a restaurant serving his food and allowing me to try authentic cuisine from a place I may have not considered eating it before.

It’s not a blame the mayor and governor thing.
No one is moving here, no one is opening businesses here, rent and mortgages have been defaulted on. Companies have no reason to lease real estate since WFH will be the new standard for white collar workers.
The “culture” has been gone from here for years. Plus already amassing debt are all ingredients for the perfect financial storm for the city to go to ****. The lack of tax revenue alone will send infrastructure and institutions to crap.
Not saying the the city is going to die but the
City gonna go through a Dark Age stage for real the next couple of years.

I seriously doubt this work from home thing will be permanent. Googlers, Facebookers, Wall Street will be back spending $15 on salads for lunch.

I'm in NJ and waiting for a 2 bedroom condo to drop in the $600k range to take advantage of the temporary shutdown.

And every single friend I have in another country, guess what their favorite city is, even flight attendants, New York City!

Tax revenue will come back, money making Manhattan. As with everything, there is an infraction period. Look at Tesla, a few years ago they laid off a bunch of workers and everyone said Tesla is going down. Check the stock now. A few rough years for NYC will do it well. Learn from the mistakes of creating a city for the wealthy and tourists. How many New Yorkers can afford to see a Broadway show? I make good money and still sit in the nosebleeds for Hamilton and Harry Potter. These real estate prices still haven't dropped a bit. Maybe in the ultra luxury $1.5M.

And last, who TF reads The Post for God sakes.

I'm in NJ and waiting for a 2 bedroom condo to drop in the $600k range to take advantage of the temporary shutdown.
Someone who doesn’t have to pay to read the news since their is no pay wall with the nypost and who’s not waiting for 2 bedroom condos to drop to $600k
Let the rich stay out of nyc and remove paywalls from newspaper websites lol

Someone who doesn’t have to pay to read the news since their is no pay wall with the nypost and who’s not waiting for 2 bedroom condos to drop to $600k
Let the rich stay out of nyc and remove paywalls from newspaper websites lol

NY Times gives you 10 free articles a month and it's written at a 12th grade level compared to NY Post's 4th grade level

NY Times gives you 10 free articles a month and it's written at a 12th grade level compared to NY Post's 4th grade level

I agree with you but I read the news a lot and after the 12 article I’m not paying

I sometimes read 12 articles in the times in less than a week

you want to read a website newspaper that has a fourth grade or lower reading level go to the New York daily news
It’s crap and makes the post look like an Encyclopedia

I seriously doubt this work from home thing will be permanent. Googlers, Facebookers, Wall Street will be back spending $15 on salads for lunch.

And every single friend I have in another country, guess what their favorite city is, even flight attendants, New York City!

Tax revenue will come back, money making Manhattan. As with everything, there is an infraction period. Look at Tesla, a few years ago they laid off a bunch of workers and everyone said Tesla is going down. Check the stock now. A few rough years for NYC will do it well. Learn from the mistakes of creating a city for the wealthy and tourists. How many New Yorkers can afford to see a Broadway show? I make good money and still sit in the nosebleeds for Hamilton and Harry Potter. These real estate prices still haven't dropped a bit. Maybe in the ultra luxury $1.5M.

The Post does hate NY haha but it was just reprinted by the Post not actually theirs

It’s not a blame the mayor and governor thing.
Laws and policies go a long way to making your city attractive. Especially when it comes to taxes.
No one is moving here, no one is opening businesses here
As of now you mean.

You're acting like you don't know what can be done to help change those things.

You're acting like you don't know why ppl choose to move to or start businesses in other cities.

The “culture” has been gone from here for years.
As far as I'm concerned the culture lies with native new Yorkers in the first place and it isn't gone at all.

Perhaps you're referring to a different culture.

Like now when ppl are saying NY is dead or dying I'm beginning to wonder which NY they're referring to. A lot of ppl have had it a bit easy and been messing with a filtered version the past 20 years.
City gonna go through a Dark Age stage for real the next couple of years.
That isnt necessarily a bad thing when you look at the bigger picture.

Also there seems to be this idea that there's helplessness when it comes to these issues or that certain ppl are just going to let that happen. That aint reality.

Last edited:
the author meant to say her bubble in mid and downtown Manhattan are dead. that area relies on tourism and office workers from the the outer boroughs. uptown and the outer boroughs are live as ****. music and drinking outside till the sun comes up.

the author meant to say her bubble in mid and downtown Manhattan are dead. uptown and the outer boroughs are live as ****. music and drinking outside till the sun comes up.

I agree. I grew up in Brooklyn and now live inQueens and streets are still busy. Have a few places closed up shop? Sure they have but with the commercial rent what it was some of these places were barely making it by. ****, I honestly feel like people are more friendly now with all that’s going on. A lot more people saying hi and stuff when I walk the dog.

Like now when ppl are saying NY is dead or dying I'm beginning to wonder which NY they're referring to. A lot of ppl have had it a bit easy and been messing with a filtered version the past 20 years.
qft. the hipster nyc is dead.

I agree. I grew up in Brooklyn and now live inQueens and streets are still busy. Have a few places closed up shop? Sure they have but with the commercial rent what it was some of these places were barely making it by. ****, I honestly feel like people are more friendly now with all that’s going on. A lot more people saying hi and stuff when I walk the dog.

city is live right now. just not the safe tourist places downtown.

gotta say tho I hate outdoor dining stuff. taking up good parking spots, people passing by smoking while you eating, homeless people asking for money at your table, sudden rain for like 10 min then sunny again. **** sucks.

gotta say tho I hate outdoor dining stuff. taking up good parking spots, people passing by smoking while you eating, homeless people asking for money at your table, sudden rain for like 10 min then sunny again. **** sucks.

I feel that. I don’t really eat out like that. I rather order and pickup and eat in the back yard than at a restaurant. As long as what I buy bypasses the seamless and ubereats taxes that the restaurants have to pay. I rather the places stay open than prop up some tech firm.

one of my coworkers who lives on the UES and the other on UWS (Both transplants from the Midwest) said that there are now more apparent drug users on the street. I told them that they were always there, they were just oblivious to them.

I will say though, like the point of living in Manhattan was because of everything you could do in terms of cultural scenery and the nightlife. With everything being closed, living in Manhattan sucks, you’re better off being in the outer boroughs.

I feel that. I don’t really eat out like that. I rather order and pickup and eat in the back yard than at a restaurant. As long as what I buy bypasses the seamless and ubereats taxes that the restaurants have to pay. I rather the places stay open than prop up some tech firm.

one of my coworkers who lives on the UES and the other on UWS (Both transplants from the Midwest) said that there are now more apparent drug users on the street. I told them that they were always there, they were just oblivious to them.

I will say though, like the point of living in Manhattan was because of everything you could do in terms of cultural scenery and the nightlife. With everything being closed, living in Manhattan sucks, you’re better off being in the outer boroughs.
This is the main point the author is saying. The fact that there is nothing going on in the city right now. That’s what constitutes it being dead Along with the economic repercussions that are building up right now that won’t be felt until a year or two down the line.
I’m not saying he’s right or wrong but to just brush it off as a hipster this hipster that thing without looking at the bigger picture and already underlying issues that were making the city unloveable is nonsense.

This is the main point the author is saying. The fact that there is nothing going on in the city right now. That’s what constitutes it being dead Along with the economic repercussions that are building up right now that won’t be felt until a year or two down the line.
there's alot going on right now. maybe not what the author likes in the part of the town they like but theres is still plenty of life in the city. economic repercussions will be felt nation wide not limited to nyc.

there's alot going on right now. maybe not what the author likes in the part of the town they like but theres is still plenty of life in the city. economic repercussions will be felt nation wide not limited to nyc.
If people think its bad now and theres nothing to do wait until winter when you can't dine indoors and outdoor seating will be useless. New Yorkers bout to be home for a full 6 months straight.

Smash mouth only belongs in a sign like this. :lol:

BD6A94D8-68D9-44CF-AA80-1B05EC4B12E9.jpeg

you mean besides manhattan is alive
your right about the hipsters but their still floating around with their arm sleeve tattoos and $1500 ****** dogs

but most NYC hipsters are
730_0.786783001246375777.jpg

the other hipsters that didnt go home to where they came from are on
Life.Support.ECMO_SH_1131769238_resized.jpg

good riddance to the nyc hipster

I heard a lot folks moving out of NY because of Covid, but I wouldn’t know for sure. I know housing prices coming down in LA a lil bit

I heard a lot folks moving out of NY because of Covid, but I wouldn’t know for sure. I know housing prices coming down in LA a lil bit
prices are coming down in NY and the uber rich are leaving or left manhattan buy there are still wealthy in ny and always will be and prices have slowly come down but not enough for the average person in manhattan
im sure its the same in LA the prices are not coming down fast enough

Back
Top Bottom