NY METS 2011 POST: Jose Reyes wins National League Batting Crown

With Sandy and co. in town, there is like a -1% chance that Beltran will be resigned. They'd rather get the draft picks and save the money for a more valuable asset/assets.

Beltran back? He can't even play for 2-3 consecutive games and you know his knee's would give him issues.

He is destined for a DH position.

Beltran back? He can't even play for 2-3 consecutive games and you know his knee's would give him issues.

He is destined for a DH position.

You guys are lucky we keep bums like Jerry Hairston around
30t6p3b.gif

Beltran also can't be offered arbitration (another genius contract stipulation) so there's no way we keep him for the whole year.
And I've got a feeling Reyes would be willing to take a nice little discount for us, but the years he'd want might be an issue. I'd have no problem giving him 5 years 65/70 million.

Beltran also can't be offered arbitration (another genius contract stipulation) so there's no way we keep him for the whole year.
And I've got a feeling Reyes would be willing to take a nice little discount for us, but the years he'd want might be an issue. I'd have no problem giving him 5 years 65/70 million.

Reyes will want 100+ M and he will get it from some dumb team, but the guy is an electric player when he is on.

60/70 M I'd keep him in a heart beat but that is wishful thinking.

Reyes will want 100+ M and he will get it from some dumb team, but the guy is an electric player when he is on.

It probably is and 80 is more likely, but the dude loves being here and is willing to do everything he can to bring a World Series to Queens so I really believe he'll take a cut.

Anyone else feel like Pagan would be more useful down in the 6th spot? I've always preferred to see him as more of a run producer than a guy in the 2 hole, especially since Reyes hates running early in the count.

It probably is and 80 is more likely, but the dude loves being here and is willing to do everything he can to bring a World Series to Queens so I really believe he'll take a cut.

Anyone else feel like Pagan would be more useful down in the 6th spot? I've always preferred to see him as more of a run producer than a guy in the 2 hole, especially since Reyes hates running early in the count.

IDK I like having two base stealer's at the top of the lineup, both have speed and can hit some gappers, plus Pagan's patience is suitable for the 2 spot imo.
This is when Bay comes back though.

IDK I like having two base stealer's at the top of the lineup, both have speed and can hit some gappers, plus Pagan's patience is suitable for the 2 spot imo.
This is when Bay comes back though.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Again our stupid management should've signed him last winter, when his value was dirt low. Now he'll leave, our lineup will feel the burn, especially Wright and Pagan.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Again our stupid management should've signed him last winter, when his value was dirt low. Now he'll leave, our lineup will feel the burn, especially Wright and Pagan.

I wasn't able to post, but I saw last night's game and loved it.

Today was the exact opposite. I'm able to post but I missed the game.

I see 6-9 didn't produce a single hit though.

I wasn't able to post, but I saw last night's game and loved it.

Today was the exact opposite. I'm able to post but I missed the game.

I see 6-9 didn't produce a single hit though.

Back
Top Bottom