ntlk'ers who have overcame acne come in!

There's not much you can really do.

You can prevent further scars by using a non-fragrant soap to wash your face (I used dove).

When bumps or blackheads would pop up I would use a facial cream (prescribed by a dermatologist) AFTER I used a hot rag to apply pressure downward over the area. This will greatly reduce the pus inside. The cream will do the rest.

If you continuously pop your pimples, you will develop these scars.

Most scars will fade away as the new skin replaces the old. Some won't.

There's not much you can really do.

You can prevent further scars by using a non-fragrant soap to wash your face (I used dove).

When bumps or blackheads would pop up I would use a facial cream (prescribed by a dermatologist) AFTER I used a hot rag to apply pressure downward over the area. This will greatly reduce the pus inside. The cream will do the rest.

If you continuously pop your pimples, you will develop these scars.

Most scars will fade away as the new skin replaces the old. Some won't.

glad i never had acne

all that do it yourself stuff, eh....

if you can just go to a dermatologist. ive seen it do wonders for people.

glad i never had acne

all that do it yourself stuff, eh....

if you can just go to a dermatologist. ive seen it do wonders for people.

How do you apply the lemon juice? Just straight juice or do you mix it w/ something?

How do you apply the lemon juice? Just straight juice or do you mix it w/ something?

another advice....just cause someone on the internet tells you an acne product is good does NOT mean it will work for you. There are certain acidic chemicals in a lot of acne creams from brands like neutrogena and clearisal that will do more harm than good. Like I said before, just drink a lot of water and practice good hygeine (1 shower and a nightly wash with facial cleanser like the cetaphil someone posted is good enough...and all you need). If you play sports or you have sweat a lot, just be sure to wash your face and hair (or take a full shower). You don't need to change the pillow case or lay a new towel on your pillow every night. From your description, your acne problem doesn't even seem that bad.
If you really wanna start using acne creams and all that junk, just make sure you go to a dermatologist bc they would def know more than your ordinary NT prescribing you all kinda over the counter garbage.

another advice....just cause someone on the internet tells you an acne product is good does NOT mean it will work for you. There are certain acidic chemicals in a lot of acne creams from brands like neutrogena and clearisal that will do more harm than good. Like I said before, just drink a lot of water and practice good hygeine (1 shower and a nightly wash with facial cleanser like the cetaphil someone posted is good enough...and all you need). If you play sports or you have sweat a lot, just be sure to wash your face and hair (or take a full shower). You don't need to change the pillow case or lay a new towel on your pillow every night. From your description, your acne problem doesn't even seem that bad.
If you really wanna start using acne creams and all that junk, just make sure you go to a dermatologist bc they would def know more than your ordinary NT prescribing you all kinda over the counter garbage.

I've never had extremely bad acne, but it definitely showed up good during puberty. Nowadays, I still have it, constantly, but at most I'll have 3 pimples at a time. I'm going to see a dermatologist as soon as my insurance gets straightened out. Every acne product I've tried leaves my skin dry and looking rough (but is smooth to the touch).

I know that drinking soda for me is the biggest problem though.

I've never had extremely bad acne, but it definitely showed up good during puberty. Nowadays, I still have it, constantly, but at most I'll have 3 pimples at a time. I'm going to see a dermatologist as soon as my insurance gets straightened out. Every acne product I've tried leaves my skin dry and looking rough (but is smooth to the touch).

I know that drinking soda for me is the biggest problem though.

drink lots of water (5-8 20oz bottles a day)
wash your face as soon as u wake up n before u go to sleep (n when u feel oily or sweaty)
change your pillow cases at least twice a week

this has worked for me n its pretty simple

drink lots of water (5-8 20oz bottles a day)
wash your face as soon as u wake up n before u go to sleep (n when u feel oily or sweaty)
change your pillow cases at least twice a week

this has worked for me n its pretty simple

desoIation1 wrote:

Don't eat too many oily and meaty foods. Fast food is bad, especially fried foods. Instead of eating meat, take protein shakes and eat beans/nuts for your protein intake.

God I hate Broscience

desoIation1 wrote:

Don't eat too many oily and meaty foods. Fast food is bad, especially fried foods. Instead of eating meat, take protein shakes and eat beans/nuts for your protein intake.

God I hate Broscience

Originally Posted by ninjahood

if its bad, accutane.
Didn't they stop the use of this? Used it before and I think it was 4 months time clear skin. Afterward there was a regular white head here and there; was better than what I had before. But since my second semester in college it came back, moderate but could do without it. The Cetaphil someone posted works for me as well.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

if its bad, accutane.
Didn't they stop the use of this? Used it before and I think it was 4 months time clear skin. Afterward there was a regular white head here and there; was better than what I had before. But since my second semester in college it came back, moderate but could do without it. The Cetaphil someone posted works for me as well.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i go acne on my johnson but none on my face, whats going on?

Those are genital warts fam......

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Xavier

Originally Posted by loendradio

mine was so bad in early high school, it does devastating things to the self-esteem

especially in high school looking good is practically everything

i dont mess with people or pick on people that have trouble with their skin, cause it can be a drag.....
30t6p3b.gif
I swear there were somedays I wouldn't even look at the mirror, for the most part though my scars just went away with time after washing my face twice daily

Originally Posted by Xavier

Originally Posted by loendradio

mine was so bad in early high school, it does devastating things to the self-esteem

especially in high school looking good is practically everything

i dont mess with people or pick on people that have trouble with their skin, cause it can be a drag.....
30t6p3b.gif
I swear there were somedays I wouldn't even look at the mirror, for the most part though my scars just went away with time after washing my face twice daily

Originally Posted by jehims

another advice....just cause someone on the internet tells you an acne product is good does NOT mean it will work for you.

TRUTH. figure out what kind of skin you have and look for solutions that cater to it. i have naturally oily and very sensitive skin, so the vast majority of products out there actually made my acne worse as opposed to helping.

Back
Top Bottom