ntlk'ers who have overcame acne come in!

Originally Posted by jehims

another advice....just cause someone on the internet tells you an acne product is good does NOT mean it will work for you.

TRUTH. figure out what kind of skin you have and look for solutions that cater to it. i have naturally oily and very sensitive skin, so the vast majority of products out there actually made my acne worse as opposed to helping.

just don't worry about is my best advice. stress about it will make it worse. I didnt have acne in high school but at 19 went from none to to mild to bad
grin.gif
 like !#% my derm said it was hormons. I didnt pick them but when they went away they left me rosy cheeks
laugh.gif
frown.gif
 dont bother me tho because girls are ight with it
smile.gif
. i still get dry, flaky, skin but i use lotion. and still have some marks but it aint that bad. i still get pimples from time to time. but that's life.  I stopped worrying and stopped carrying what people think, that's when everything settled down

one of my boys had $$$ so when he had his acne controled he went and got surgery and his face looks perfect but i dont expect alot here to drop about 2 gs on it so...

just don't worry about is my best advice. stress about it will make it worse. I didnt have acne in high school but at 19 went from none to to mild to bad
grin.gif
 like !#% my derm said it was hormons. I didnt pick them but when they went away they left me rosy cheeks
laugh.gif
frown.gif
 dont bother me tho because girls are ight with it
smile.gif
. i still get dry, flaky, skin but i use lotion. and still have some marks but it aint that bad. i still get pimples from time to time. but that's life.  I stopped worrying and stopped carrying what people think, that's when everything settled down

one of my boys had $$$ so when he had his acne controled he went and got surgery and his face looks perfect but i dont expect alot here to drop about 2 gs on it so...

Originally Posted by migit1209

I feel you. I had really bad acne. Then i found http://www.acne.org
Decided to order his products and "start the regimen"
Best decision I've ever made. I have some before and after pictures as well.

http://www.danielkern.com/product-p/aha-6.htm is what I'm using for my scar treatment. Only downside is I only use it at night because the sun irritates the #%%$ outta my skin when i apply it.
Doesn't cure the problem. If you stop using it, your acne just comes back. Saying this from experience. 
I used Accutane. Barely wash my face nowadays and it's clearer than ever. Just tough it out for 4-6 months. 

Originally Posted by migit1209

I feel you. I had really bad acne. Then i found http://www.acne.org
Decided to order his products and "start the regimen"
Best decision I've ever made. I have some before and after pictures as well.

http://www.danielkern.com/product-p/aha-6.htm is what I'm using for my scar treatment. Only downside is I only use it at night because the sun irritates the #%%$ outta my skin when i apply it.
Doesn't cure the problem. If you stop using it, your acne just comes back. Saying this from experience. 
I used Accutane. Barely wash my face nowadays and it's clearer than ever. Just tough it out for 4-6 months. 

I had acne pretty bad in highschool.

Took accutane and it cleared it up with the quickness. I do have a few lil pot holes and scars on my face but its not that serious.

I was going to look into chemical peels and dermabrasion to get rid of them.

I had acne pretty bad in highschool.

Took accutane and it cleared it up with the quickness. I do have a few lil pot holes and scars on my face but its not that serious.

I was going to look into chemical peels and dermabrasion to get rid of them.

I didn't have that much acne before, so it wasn't really hard getting rid of it. I wash my face with warm water and dry it with a clean towel after I get sweaty.

The key is to not touch your face, and restraint from popping those zits. Popping them only makes it worse because not only do you still have the pimples, you now also get red and nasty scars.
sick.gif

I didn't have that much acne before, so it wasn't really hard getting rid of it. I wash my face with warm water and dry it with a clean towel after I get sweaty.

The key is to not touch your face, and restraint from popping those zits. Popping them only makes it worse because not only do you still have the pimples, you now also get red and nasty scars.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Dragon

Originally Posted by NavyBoy24

Never knew hot water irritates the skin. I also need to start applying a different shirt over my pillow instead of the same towel every night. I currently use neutrogena to clean my face three times a day and it somewhat helps but I will add the organic honey and lemon.

Lastly, does eating chicken sandwiches(nothing on it) from wendys hurt

First off 
sick.gif
 at the honey and lemon. Why do you guys choose to believe this would work???
There is little truth of what specific food that causes acne. It could be from the extra oil from fast food or it can be the stress that comes from eating fast food (guilty conscience). I have tried eating healthy  and eating junk food  both over long period of time and  there wasn't  a significant difference in term of  the amount acne of I gained.  

Honey has antibacterial properties, lemon acts as an astringent.

It's all about finding what works for your skin and that includes shampoos, conditioners and laundry soap.  Also, you can overdo it on the cleansing causing you to break out more. I find a combination of AHA and BHAs work best for me. Also 2.5% BP spot treatments from time to time and in the summer sulfur based washes and masks for oily skin.

Originally Posted by Dragon

Originally Posted by NavyBoy24

Never knew hot water irritates the skin. I also need to start applying a different shirt over my pillow instead of the same towel every night. I currently use neutrogena to clean my face three times a day and it somewhat helps but I will add the organic honey and lemon.

Lastly, does eating chicken sandwiches(nothing on it) from wendys hurt

First off 
sick.gif
 at the honey and lemon. Why do you guys choose to believe this would work???
There is little truth of what specific food that causes acne. It could be from the extra oil from fast food or it can be the stress that comes from eating fast food (guilty conscience). I have tried eating healthy  and eating junk food  both over long period of time and  there wasn't  a significant difference in term of  the amount acne of I gained.  

Honey has antibacterial properties, lemon acts as an astringent.

It's all about finding what works for your skin and that includes shampoos, conditioners and laundry soap.  Also, you can overdo it on the cleansing causing you to break out more. I find a combination of AHA and BHAs work best for me. Also 2.5% BP spot treatments from time to time and in the summer sulfur based washes and masks for oily skin.

I also had acne in early high school. From my personal experiences, I will say acne has nothing to do with your diet. Im 19 now and I havent had acne for a couple years now. It was just hormones during puberty for me. But when I did have acne, I would exercise to get fresh blood flowing in my face, that really helps. If your past puberty and you have acne still, try:

- Exercising, just run every day for a little, making sure your pulse is beating fast.
- Cut out soft drinks and drink water instead
- If indoors a lot, make sure you step out for fresh air every so often.
- Eat fruits, oranges, grapefruit juice, anything with vitamin C helps a lot
- Whole grain bread also helps - (Selenium improves skin at the cellular level.)
- A good night's sleep. (Your skin heals while you sleep)

I do these they make a difference, trust.

I also had acne in early high school. From my personal experiences, I will say acne has nothing to do with your diet. Im 19 now and I havent had acne for a couple years now. It was just hormones during puberty for me. But when I did have acne, I would exercise to get fresh blood flowing in my face, that really helps. If your past puberty and you have acne still, try:

- Exercising, just run every day for a little, making sure your pulse is beating fast.
- Cut out soft drinks and drink water instead
- If indoors a lot, make sure you step out for fresh air every so often.
- Eat fruits, oranges, grapefruit juice, anything with vitamin C helps a lot
- Whole grain bread also helps - (Selenium improves skin at the cellular level.)
- A good night's sleep. (Your skin heals while you sleep)

I do these they make a difference, trust.

I used to have bad acne I guess but it didnt do $*** to my self esteem I still got decent chicks all day hell most people Ive met have some acne. But lately my acne has gotten better, its all about creating a good regimen.

My current regimen is this:

Acne Face Wash with Benzyl Peroxide
Acne Astringent with Salicylic Acid (This is IMPORTANT most people neglect this. Even after washing my face I cant get all the dead skin/dirt/nasty without using the astringent. You will be SO surprised on how much #%#@ your normal acne face wash does not get off).
For the day I use an acne repair lotion/moisturizer
At night I dont use the moisturizer but use spot treatment Benzoyl Peroxide cream.

So far so good. You can buy a similar regimen to this by the company Acne Free Severe. Its a orange bottle and it should come with 4 different things. Oh yeah and if you shave NEVER EVER EVER go against the grain on your face. If you already have Acne dont even try to go against the grain.

I used to have bad acne I guess but it didnt do $*** to my self esteem I still got decent chicks all day hell most people Ive met have some acne. But lately my acne has gotten better, its all about creating a good regimen.

My current regimen is this:

Acne Face Wash with Benzyl Peroxide
Acne Astringent with Salicylic Acid (This is IMPORTANT most people neglect this. Even after washing my face I cant get all the dead skin/dirt/nasty without using the astringent. You will be SO surprised on how much #%#@ your normal acne face wash does not get off).
For the day I use an acne repair lotion/moisturizer
At night I dont use the moisturizer but use spot treatment Benzoyl Peroxide cream.

So far so good. You can buy a similar regimen to this by the company Acne Free Severe. Its a orange bottle and it should come with 4 different things. Oh yeah and if you shave NEVER EVER EVER go against the grain on your face. If you already have Acne dont even try to go against the grain.

some of you with really bad acne may want to consider antibiotic creams prescribed by a dermatologist.

some of you with really bad acne may want to consider antibiotic creams prescribed by a dermatologist.

Back
Top Bottom