ntlk'ers who have overcame acne come in!

Never knew hot water irritates the skin. I also need to start applying a different shirt over my pillow instead of the same towel every night. I currently use neutrogena to clean my face three times a day and it somewhat helps but I will add the organic honey and lemon.

Lastly, does eating chicken sandwiches(nothing on it) from wendys hurt

Originally Posted by NavyBoy24

Never knew hot water irritates the skin. I also need to start applying a different shirt over my pillow instead of the same towel every night. I currently use neutrogena to clean my face three times a day and it somewhat helps but I will add the organic honey and lemon.

To be honest, I don't specifically know if eating chicken sandwhiches from wendy's will do anything to your face.  I actually eat these too, but I only eat stuff like this once every 10 days.  Too much of anything can hurt, but I think a little won't do much.  I do know greasy/oily foods aren't helpful when getting rid of acne.

To be honest, I don't specifically know if eating chicken sandwhiches from wendy's will do anything to your face.  I actually eat these too, but I only eat stuff like this once every 10 days.  Too much of anything can hurt, but I think a little won't do much.  I do know greasy/oily foods aren't helpful when getting rid of acne.

Never knew hot water irritates the skin.

it depends, people with super clear facial skin can wash with whatever they feel like i guess
laugh.gif
, but people with moderate acne and not just a few pimples should avoid hot applying hot water to their face

Never knew hot water irritates the skin.

it depends, people with super clear facial skin can wash with whatever they feel like i guess
laugh.gif
, but people with moderate acne and not just a few pimples should avoid hot applying hot water to their face

First off 
sick.gif
 at the honey and lemon. Why do you guys choose to believe this would work???
There is little truth of what specific food that causes acne. It could be from the extra oil from fast food or it can be the stress that comes from eating fast food (guilty conscience). I have tried eating healthy  and eating junk food  both over long period of time and  there wasn't  a significant difference in term of  the amount acne of I gained.  

First off 
sick.gif
There is little truth of what specific food that causes acne. It could be from the extra oil from fast food or it can be the stress that comes from eating fast food (guilty conscience). I have tried eating healthy  and eating junk food  both over long period of time and  there wasn't  a significant difference in term of  the amount acne of I gained.  

Originally Posted by desoIation1

I've had acne for about 6 years and I am now 23. I've tried many different things. I washed my face a lot, I drank water, I used proactive and tried many other medicines. There are two parts you should consider when getting rid of acne. These are things I did that helped ME (and may help you):

PART ONE

There could be things that are KEEPING your acne from going away. Things such as long oil hair (that's why it is important to wash your hair), dirty towels, not washing your face, popping pimples, not washing your hands and touching your face a lot, wearing hats and not washing them, and not washing your face after exercise. Your lifestyle may also be feeding your acne.

PART TWO

There are things that you could DO to PREVENT acne (this helped me more than part one):

Change or wash your pillow sheets EVERY NIGHT. I don't change them but I wash them at least once every two weeks. Instead of changing them, I bought a bunch of white T-shirts and cover my pillow with them before I went to sleep, then swap out the T-shirt for a clean one the next night.  At the end of each week, simple throw all the dirty T-shirts in the washer.  This helps because you sleep on your pillow every night and it is important to help your face STAY clean when you sleep. Pillows tend to gather dirt and oil when you sleep on them.

Buy some organic lemons (organic is important because you don't want chemicals from foods on your face, only natural stuff) and apply the lemon juice on your face every other day. Let the juice sit on your face 10-20 minutes, then wash off with cold water and pat dry with a clean soft towel. The acidity will kill bad bacteria and also act like a mini chemical peel for acne scars. The lemon juice will clean your face as well as remove dead skin cells, which is REALLY helpful for scars and dark spots.

Use organic or natural soaps. Many common name brands for soaps and shampoos have chemicals that don't actually clean your hair, but make it smell nice and pretty instead. Brands such as herbal essences, garnier fructis, dove soap, etc mostly contain these chemicals (although they are beginning to change that). This is why it's important to buy organic and/or natural hair and face products.

Before you sleep, apply organic honey on your face. Wash the honey off the next morning. The honey will help bring your natural glow back to your face as well as get rid are dark scars. You will see a difference after a few times doing this. Note: this helps you more for scars than it does acne, but it is still a big difference when you want your scars to go away.

Don't eat too many oily and meaty foods. Fast food is bad, especially fried foods. Instead of eating meat, take protein shakes and eat beans/nuts for your protein intake. Also, try to avoid unnatural sugars, such as candy, soda, and anything that has high fructose corn syrup (you would be surprised at what snacks and foods have this). Make sure you eat plenty of fruits and vegetables (and I mean a lot). Some of the fruits/veggies I eat everyday are: lettuce for salads, cucumbers, small sweet tomatoes, oranges, bananas, kiwis, yellow peppers, apples, lemons (I squeeze the in the water I drink it), carrots, mushrooms, and berries (any of kinda of berry).

And like everyone else is saying, getting rid of acne is a slow process. It takes time for it to completely go away, so don't expect to see quick massive results.

wont this get honey all over my pillow/bed?

I've had acne for about 6 years and I am now 23. I've tried many different things. I washed my face a lot, I drank water, I used proactive and tried many other medicines. There are two parts you should consider when getting rid of acne. These are things I did that helped ME (and may help you):

PART ONE

There could be things that are KEEPING your acne from going away. Things such as long oil hair (that's why it is important to wash your hair), dirty towels, not washing your face, popping pimples, not washing your hands and touching your face a lot, wearing hats and not washing them, and not washing your face after exercise. Your lifestyle may also be feeding your acne.

PART TWO

There are things that you could DO to PREVENT acne (this helped me more than part one):

Change or wash your pillow sheets EVERY NIGHT. I don't change them but I wash them at least once every two weeks. Instead of changing them, I bought a bunch of white T-shirts and cover my pillow with them before I went to sleep, then swap out the T-shirt for a clean one the next night.  At the end of each week, simple throw all the dirty T-shirts in the washer.  This helps because you sleep on your pillow every night and it is important to help your face STAY clean when you sleep. Pillows tend to gather dirt and oil when you sleep on them.

Buy some organic lemons (organic is important because you don't want chemicals from foods on your face, only natural stuff) and apply the lemon juice on your face every other day. Let the juice sit on your face 10-20 minutes, then wash off with cold water and pat dry with a clean soft towel. The acidity will kill bad bacteria and also act like a mini chemical peel for acne scars. The lemon juice will clean your face as well as remove dead skin cells, which is REALLY helpful for scars and dark spots.

Use organic or natural soaps. Many common name brands for soaps and shampoos have chemicals that don't actually clean your hair, but make it smell nice and pretty instead. Brands such as herbal essences, garnier fructis, dove soap, etc mostly contain these chemicals (although they are beginning to change that). This is why it's important to buy organic and/or natural hair and face products.

Before you sleep, apply organic honey on your face. Wash the honey off the next morning. The honey will help bring your natural glow back to your face as well as get rid are dark scars. You will see a difference after a few times doing this. Note: this helps you more for scars than it does acne, but it is still a big difference when you want your scars to go away.

Don't eat too many oily and meaty foods. Fast food is bad, especially fried foods. Instead of eating meat, take protein shakes and eat beans/nuts for your protein intake. Also, try to avoid unnatural sugars, such as candy, soda, and anything that has high fructose corn syrup (you would be surprised at what snacks and foods have this). Make sure you eat plenty of fruits and vegetables (and I mean a lot). Some of the fruits/veggies I eat everyday are: lettuce for salads, cucumbers, small sweet tomatoes, oranges, bananas, kiwis, yellow peppers, apples, lemons (I squeeze the in the water I drink it), carrots, mushrooms, and berries (any of kinda of berry).

And like everyone else is saying, getting rid of acne is a slow process. It takes time for it to completely go away, so don't expect to see quick massive results.

wont this get honey all over my pillow/bed?

Originally Posted by Dragon

First off 
sick.gif
that stuff does work honey and lemon  i wouldnt go to the extreme and do that, but if u want clear skin why not?

drinking a lot of lemonade and vitamin c clears up your complexion too.

coco butter for dark skinned people clears dark marks too, but its greasy so it can increase your acne too.

Originally Posted by Dragon

First off 
sick.gif
that stuff does work honey and lemon  i wouldnt go to the extreme and do that, but if u want clear skin why not?

drinking a lot of lemonade and vitamin c clears up your complexion too.

coco butter for dark skinned people clears dark marks too, but its greasy so it can increase your acne too.

I won't say all medications are bad. But just think about how these companies work. I take medication #1. So now my face is dry. Now I need moisturizer. Yet if I never touched my face with meds, I would have no dryness. It's quite the cycle.. Dare I say, try doing NOTHING for a week. Let your body heal itself.

With that in mind,I've heard so many remedies and reasons for acne over the years, that it seems some companies just pray on us.. Be careful.

One I remember is that fasting is good because your body won't have to work so hard to digest your foods and can work on repairing other parts of your body. This also goes with hearing about how digestion issues can be related to acne. I would look into that as well

I won't say all medications are bad. But just think about how these companies work. I take medication #1. So now my face is dry. Now I need moisturizer. Yet if I never touched my face with meds, I would have no dryness. It's quite the cycle.. Dare I say, try doing NOTHING for a week. Let your body heal itself.

With that in mind,I've heard so many remedies and reasons for acne over the years, that it seems some companies just pray on us.. Be careful.

One I remember is that fasting is good because your body won't have to work so hard to digest your foods and can work on repairing other parts of your body. This also goes with hearing about how digestion issues can be related to acne. I would look into that as well

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by PraVokal

-Wash your face with cold water
-drink water (duh)

these two are big right here, but especially the washing the face part, not necessarily cold water, i say room temp is fine, but people gotta stop washing their face with warm or hot water cause it irritates the skin

Wash your face first with warm water to open pores, then use whatever face cleanser you prefer, then rinse with cold water to close pores.
this.

if you haven't, buy a daily face wash. also something to deep clean/detoxify/scrub your face? simply doing other things such as drinking more water or washing your pillow case often can prevent future acne. then again, i'm not an expert at this..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by PraVokal

-Wash your face with cold water
-drink water (duh)

these two are big right here, but especially the washing the face part, not necessarily cold water, i say room temp is fine, but people gotta stop washing their face with warm or hot water cause it irritates the skin

Wash your face first with warm water to open pores, then use whatever face cleanser you prefer, then rinse with cold water to close pores.
this.

if you haven't, buy a daily face wash. also something to deep clean/detoxify/scrub your face? simply doing other things such as drinking more water or washing your pillow case often can prevent future acne. then again, i'm not an expert at this..
laugh.gif

"letting your body heal itself" is not any kind of answer when it comes to moderate acne, the only way that mindset actually works to me is to grow out of it which could take years or even decades

people here are talking about moderate acne, not just a pimple or two, but an actual facial condition, its not going to heal itself

the only thing actually known about what causes acne is that its hereditary, and it seems to me like the body thinks its supposed to be there at certain points in life just like other aspects of the body

"letting your body heal itself" is not any kind of answer when it comes to moderate acne, the only way that mindset actually works to me is to grow out of it which could take years or even decades

people here are talking about moderate acne, not just a pimple or two, but an actual facial condition, its not going to heal itself

the only thing actually known about what causes acne is that its hereditary, and it seems to me like the body thinks its supposed to be there at certain points in life just like other aspects of the body

mine was so bad in early high school, it does devastating things to the self-esteem. i've grown out of it now, but those kind of experiences definitely teach you to be humble.

cetaphil gentle skin cleanser (not the facewash) in the morning and before bed is all i do now. i tried so many things to get rid of it before and the overall solution ends up being so simple..

everyone has different solutions but make sure to give each one a legit chance. i had a lot of success with the regimen on acne.org. their forums have a ton of information as well.

for scarring, i've tried bio-oil so far and that evened out the color of the scars pretty well.

mine was so bad in early high school, it does devastating things to the self-esteem. i've grown out of it now, but those kind of experiences definitely teach you to be humble.

cetaphil gentle skin cleanser (not the facewash) in the morning and before bed is all i do now. i tried so many things to get rid of it before and the overall solution ends up being so simple..

everyone has different solutions but make sure to give each one a legit chance. i had a lot of success with the regimen on acne.org. their forums have a ton of information as well.

for scarring, i've tried bio-oil so far and that evened out the color of the scars pretty well.

Originally Posted by loendradio

mine was so bad in early high school, it does devastating things to the self-esteem

especially in high school looking good is practically everything

i dont mess with people or pick on people that have trouble with their skin, cause it can be a drag.....

Originally Posted by loendradio

mine was so bad in early high school, it does devastating things to the self-esteem

especially in high school looking good is practically everything

i dont mess with people or pick on people that have trouble with their skin, cause it can be a drag.....

Please change the name of this thread to "Beta party: Open to those who are genetically inferior". Alphas never had to deal with acne, and if they did it was probably just a side effect from the roids.

Please change the name of this thread to "Beta party: Open to those who are genetically inferior". Alphas never had to deal with acne, and if they did it was probably just a side effect from the roids.

Back
Top Bottom