NT: What's Your Religion?

I was raised a catholic. Started questioning God and his motives around the age of 13. And I completly lost my faith due to certain events in my life by theage of 16.

Today I'm an athiest, and I'm proud of it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by xavdiesel

It's interesting how a lot of you who were raised Catholics/Roman Catholics became atheist/agnostic/whatever happens, happens. It kind of tells you the hypocrisy as well as the manipulative hold Catholicism has and how it twisted the bible's true teachings so that a lot of people just totally got disgusted from it and just totally lost interest.

THIS.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again, Catholicism is something I just can't seem to cosign even though I'm a Christian myself. It has waytoo much "stuff" going on that I feel runs counter to the true doctrines of Christianity. And the fact that so many Catholics eventually lose theirfaith, is in my opinion, proof of a bigger issue surrounding that faction of Christianity.

I think the fact that christianity has factions at all is a real indication of it's lack of validity
nerd.gif
, same goes for other religions too.

Originally Posted by Cz7

I think the fact that christianity has factions at all is a real indication of it's lack of validity
nerd.gif
, same goes for other religions too.

Eighhhh...I think Christianity is composed of a few "denominations", which barring slight difference, all teach the same thing--pretty much.Catholicism, however, is a "faction" because it's the only one out of the bunch that, from my perspective, teaches completely different things;things which, when given thought, are likely to make you scratch your head if...(omitted for a reason).

much like the OP my situation is the same, but when asked about my religion I always say......

Originally Posted by xavdiesel

It's interesting how a lot of you who were raised catholics/roman catholics became atheist/agnostic/whatever happens, happens. It kind of tells you the hypocrisy as well as the manipulative hold catholicism has and how it twisted the bible's true teachings so that a lot of people just totally got disgusted from it and just totally lost interest. Well I'm glad I am a christian who was never raised a catholic... Knowing is one thing believing is another, you can't push or intimidate people to join your religion or believe in your God. It's just up to an individual to find it himself,
If you don't believe in anything and just want to live life a good person that is awesome, I wish more higher than thou religious idiots were like that. They should look at themselves first before judging others. God judges at the end not a person. That is why people hate and blame god even more is because radicals regardless of which way you bow is exaggerating and making God in their image and people start to not believe because they don't get their way so it's easy to say yeah it's Gods fault. You can blame him for natural disasters or the badness of people and the ruination of human society and letting the Devil do what he pleases and this and that and on and on. But hell how old do you think you'll be when you die because we all are imperfect and guess what imperfection means death so regardless of what happens you still die right? Even Jesus had to die on earth. No one lives forever just yet, I don't believe in miracles and I won't give none of that BS but I know god listens when I need him, so keep knockin he'll open... Be realistic money don't grow on trees...
If you think that it's only Catholicism that is corrupt, you're just as blind. Sorry.

At least the Catholics have the Vatican
eek.gif
pimp.gif
baller $%# palace. That dude the pope is living lavishly

I resigned from the church because i dont believe in god and i think religions are $$*!!!$+.
Without religions there would have been less wars etc. And those catholics pedofile priests
ohwell.gif

Christianity, non-denominational

but I have a heard time accepting that ppl with a different religon than mine cant get into the kingdom of heaven...a few other gripes but I think thats mylargest one

For those who don't believe in God...can I ask how you can believe that?

I hear the whole common sense argument all the time, but how can someone as intelligent
as C.S. Lewis turn from atheist to Christian using "common sense." No bashing, I'm just interested.

If anyone claims there is no God because they are so intelligent or rational, I dare them to read
Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis.

*cue religion vs. atheist argument* and +5 pages

Originally Posted by M1dnightMobster

I hear the whole common sense argument all the time, but how can someone as intelligent
as C.S. Lewis turn from atheist to Christian using "common sense." No bashing, I'm just interested.

If anyone claims there is no God because they are so intelligent or rational, I dare them to read

Can I ask you how YOU can believe in God.

A better argument is Christians vs. Agnostic......Those who claim they know vs. Those who don't know and reserve judgmentuntil concrete evidence presents itself.

Originally Posted by M1dnightMobster

At this point in my life... I don't know if there is a god or not. What I do know and have seen with my own eyes is hypocrisy from those thatclaim a religion. I guess more power to you guys who are unwaveringly confident in what you believe in. For me, I can't call it.

Is it sad that I've felt a wider range of emotions while attending live music shows than I have reading the Bible or going to church?
laugh.gif
I think hearing Justice play "Stress" live was about as close to areligious experience I've had.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom