NT, what is the highest level of education you have completed?

Originally Posted by krazy88s

BA, AA

Its always interesting to see how some have BA, BS, or even MS and still have no where to go.

Yeah, most companies are looking for certified people  nowadays.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

BA, AA

Its always interesting to see how some have BA, BS, or even MS and still have no where to go.

Yeah, most companies are looking for certified people  nowadays.

Some college.. Currently in my first semester of grad school for my Doctorate of Physical Therapy.

Some college.. Currently in my first semester of grad school for my Doctorate of Physical Therapy.

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

bachelor's degree.

only one in my immediate family without a masters or graduate degree, lol.
i'm the only one in my immediate family to go to college.
laugh.gif
frown.gif

some college. community, transferring to NYU or Brooklyn college sometime next year to finish my b.a

i intend on getting my masters one day though when i have enough money to get through grad school.

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

bachelor's degree.

only one in my immediate family without a masters or graduate degree, lol.
i'm the only one in my immediate family to go to college.
laugh.gif
frown.gif

some college. community, transferring to NYU or Brooklyn college sometime next year to finish my b.a

i intend on getting my masters one day though when i have enough money to get through grad school.

Certificate in Computer Aided Design
Diploma in Interior Design

Currently at school for Quantity Surveying/Cost Engineering.

QS/CE is what I want to do but I can tie all three qualifications together once I'm done
pimp.gif

Certificate in Computer Aided Design
Diploma in Interior Design

Currently at school for Quantity Surveying/Cost Engineering.

QS/CE is what I want to do but I can tie all three qualifications together once I'm done
pimp.gif

Completed high school, about to enter my third year majoring in Business Admin Finance and Economics.

Completed high school, about to enter my third year majoring in Business Admin Finance and Economics.

Originally Posted by Boilermaker X

BS, BA, MS, PhD, postdoctoral fellowship...then I turned pro.

The thing is, as soon as you take your first job out of school none of your degrees matter any more - it's all about experience.  So while you are in school and have flexibility, do everything you possibly can.  I've worked a lot of jobs doing all sorts of unrelated things (writing, editing, publishing, management, recruiting, teaching, admissions, scientific and medical research, etc.) and I could never convey to you how valuable those experiences have been, both personally and especially professionally.  

Some people like to think it's about knowing people and having connections but if your job relies upon knowing someone then you're pretty disposable.  If you distinguish yourself professionally and can put on a good attitude, work comes to you. 

That is some real talk right there.

A lot of people in college say, categorically, that it is all about "connections," and they are helpful for finding that first job in your field and connections can be very important in careers like journalism, politics and some aspects of business and law. However, I always tell younger people who want to be doctors, surgeons, engineers and scientists that "networking" will not build a bridge that will not fall down and "what you know" is more important than "who you know" when it comes to not killing a patient on the operating table.

Back
Top Bottom