NT, what is the highest level of education you have completed?

BS, BA, MS, PhD, postdoctoral fellowship...then I turned pro.

The thing is, as soon as you take your first job out of school none of your degrees matter any more - it's all about experience.  So while you are in school and have flexibility, do everything you possibly can.  I've worked a lot of jobs doing all sorts of unrelated things (writing, editing, publishing, management, recruiting, teaching, admissions, scientific and medical research, etc.) and I could never convey to you how valuable those experiences have been, both personally and especially professionally.  

Some people like to think it's about knowing people and having connections but if your job relies upon knowing someone then you're pretty disposable.  If you distinguish yourself professionally and can put on a good attitude, work comes to you. 

BS, BA, MS, PhD, postdoctoral fellowship...then I turned pro.

The thing is, as soon as you take your first job out of school none of your degrees matter any more - it's all about experience.  So while you are in school and have flexibility, do everything you possibly can.  I've worked a lot of jobs doing all sorts of unrelated things (writing, editing, publishing, management, recruiting, teaching, admissions, scientific and medical research, etc.) and I could never convey to you how valuable those experiences have been, both personally and especially professionally.  

Some people like to think it's about knowing people and having connections but if your job relies upon knowing someone then you're pretty disposable.  If you distinguish yourself professionally and can put on a good attitude, work comes to you. 

A Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical Engineering

And i must agree with what some people said, after college your degree doesnt matter much its all about experience. I have been out of college for two years now, and I can say I rarely use the formulas and other things I learned. Its all about experience, and asking the right questions.

A Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical Engineering

And i must agree with what some people said, after college your degree doesnt matter much its all about experience. I have been out of college for two years now, and I can say I rarely use the formulas and other things I learned. Its all about experience, and asking the right questions.

BA, AA

Its always interesting to see how some have BA, BS, or even MS and still have no where to go.

BA, AA

Its always interesting to see how some have BA, BS, or even MS and still have no where to go.

Back
Top Bottom