NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

:x^ I will now.

Stopped by and picked up a local breweries wet hopped IPA. I think I heard Chinook and Cascade.

I have yet to do a side by side like I had wanted to do on my stay cation.

I have the following lined up at some point in time:

'15 vs. '16 FBS
'15 vs. '16 KBS
'15 vs. '16 Narwhal
'15 vs. '16 Ten Fidy
Birthday Bomb vs. Regular Bomb

Man I feel bad for the girlfriends of some of these guys. I overheard this young girl on the phone as she was scouring the store for specific beers. She was asking about Founders KBS. I guess I could have invited her to my place and swoon in. But I tend to now mind my business. It seems people get a list of the top 100 beers and go to the nearest store (or have family/friends do it). Chick was in there a good half hour (as long as myself) for what amounted to being 4 single bottles. Myself on the other hand, cart full of goodies.

Since its national drink beer day, I guess I need to set an itinerary.

btw. TW is so funny with some of their pricing. I saw a Ayinger Oktoberfest 16.9oz bottle right next to the smaller 11.2 oz bottles for the same exact price.

Last edited:
if you are into blonde ales then helldorado is a great brew, reminded me of some glenmorangie

my favorite grimm yet, i think the lighting is off in my picture, color was more orange. perfect all around. Gonna try pulse wave and splish next

Last edited:
my favorite grimm yet, i think the lighting is off in my picture, color was more orange. perfect all around. Gonna try pulse wave and splish next
This batch of Lambo was great, but I heard about some bad/oxidized cans floating around out there.  Didn't get any Splish yet.  It's dropped at certain spots around here but I was at work today so I wasn't able to score any cans.  Hopefully it will be available tomorrow or this weekend, but I'm not holding my breath.

Drinking a Pulse Wave right now.  I really wasn't thrilled with the first can I had.  Found it to be aggressively bitter with prominent booze.  This one is tasting much better. The bitterness and booze is much mellower in this can. Picking up a lot of pineapple, orange and pine on this one.  Gonna give my last can another week or so before I open it.  

Last night.

Monkish did can releases two days in a row. An IPA on Tuesday. A DIPA on Wednesday. Announced about an hour before opening both days. I work 15 minutes from the brewery so I had to go support.

any of you guys do trading in here or is that frowned upon?
I've done several trades with dudes in here - Wally, CFord, Tee (well I bought a can of Heady off of Tee, but still).
Throw out where you live and what you have and someone will hit you up.

I live in New Hampshire, I always have New England stuff like Alchemist, Trillium, Treehouse etc coming in from friends and my own trips. I'll post a list of what I'd currently trade tonight

Tomorrow is Zwanze Day...anyone hitting up your local one?

Denver's is at Crooked Stave's Barrel Cellar aka brewery. The wait is as much fun as the Zwanze tapping itself...the most epic bottle share every year.

Gonna be an insane, early day of drinking crazy rare stuff, especially sours and Cantillon!

Last edited:
Moving to Atlanta from Orlando next week. Definitely going to miss all the fresh Cigar City and as of late, the MIA Mega Mix. 

What's good with the Atlanta scene? I'm not up on much other than the Sweetwater stuff which is meh. 

Moving to Atlanta from Orlando next week. Definitely going to miss all the fresh Cigar City and as of late, the MIA Mega Mix. 

What's good with the Atlanta scene? I'm not up on much other than the Sweetwater stuff which is meh. 
Creature Comforts is a little over an hour away from Atlanta.

some wild beers in this thread need to move out of my comfort zone of coors banquet and stella 
roll.gif

any recommendations of where to start in craft beer? i tried bone shaker which i thought was terrible, not crazy about IPAs

some wild beers in this thread need to move out of my comfort zone of coors banquet and stella 
roll.gif

any recommendations of where to start in craft beer? i tried bone shaker which i thought was terrible, not crazy about IPAs
Dive in head first and go for the heavier stouts -- Founders Breakfast Stout or any stouts you can find

I hated IPAs when I first started out -- I went from stouts --> porters --> IPAs

Last edited:
I recommend amber ales and brown ales. Give New Belgium Fat Tire a try.

I'm a crisp lager kind of guy (no American beers though). I hate hate hate ipas.

Does Belgium fat tire have the hoppy herbaly taste that ipas have or is it closer to a lager?

lambo is still the best grimm imo, splish and pulse wave are nice but lambo is another level, think I prefer afterimage over pulse wave and splish as well

I'm a crisp lager kind of guy (no American beers though). I hate hate hate ipas.

Does Belgium fat tire have the hoppy herbaly taste that ipas have or is it closer to a lager?

It definitely doesn't have a hoppy herbal taste, but it doesn't really have the crisp finish of a lager either. When I think of beers that are malty and crisp I think of German style oktoberfest beers.

Last edited:
Thanks... I try it...

I've been meaning to try it... I was watching season 1 of Titus Weliver's amazon show Bosch & he kept drinking it & made it look appealing. :lol:

Dive in head first and go for the heavier stouts -- Founders Breakfast Stout or any stouts you can find

I hated IPAs when I first started out -- I went from stouts --> porters --> IPAs
Seen founders breakfast around, ill def give it a shot next time 
I recommend amber ales and brown ales. Give New Belgium Fat Tire a try.
I heard good stuff Sam Adams Irish Red, if i can fnd fat tire ill also try it out

Back
Top Bottom