NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Speaking of Xoco, sipping on it tonight. Still tasting as good as ever! Thanks again Wally!

some wild beers in this thread need to move out of my comfort zone of coors banquet and stella :rofl:

any recommendations of where to start in craft beer? i tried bone shaker which i thought was terrible, not crazy about IPAs

Where are you located? Craft brew distribution can make things difficult when making recommendations. I'm relatively new (2-3 years) to craft brews and still haven't got a taste for IPA's. Hell, even some regular pale ales can be too bitter for my taste at times.

Anyone know if the Alcamist Brewery in VT normally sells out of beer on Sat? Heading up to the area on Sat and they don't seem much info other their website.

worst case you'll just get focal banger. they might sell out of the other beers, but they pretty much always have focal.

I've come to the conclusion that cellaring beer is for the birds, especially if the beer you're aging has any adjunct flavors added.  Looking back on it, I've cracked open beers that were 2-3 years old and never found them more enjoyable than when I drank them fresh.  Maybe certain stouts need time to mellow the booze, but I can deal with booze more than I can deal with oxidation.  
I don't cellar anything. I have some rare/expensive (right words?) beer but I typically save them for special occasions. 
Xocoveza 2016 hit Stone Company stores this past weekend, bottles and growler fills. Should be hitting your lbs soon. Hearing it will be available through January.
I have two left in the fridge. I **** you now, I apparently had a 6 pack left I forgot all about until about 3 days ago! Super excited! 

I can't wait to get more. Last year was my first time getting it and it was a huge pain in the *** trying to get it. I've stopped chasing down beers but this may be one I try to find immediately. I won't even rush out for BCS anymore. If I find it, great, but living in this area I usually can find random stock anyways but if not, so be it.

Wicked Weed Pacificmost mango and guava gose. Also secured 4 six packs of of xocoveza for tomorrow.

Just grabbed a sixer of this years Xoco. New design on them. Pics up soon. Probably won't have one until tomorrow or Thursday.

Just grabbed a sixer of this years Xoco. New design on them. Pics up soon. Probably won't have one until tomorrow or Thursday.
I saw a local spot put up their first run yesterday but they always do this dumb *** "release at 5pm/6pm,etc" ********. I ain't going to wait in line for that ****. Just say when it's in so I can try come get it. I usually get off work around 2 which is usually when they get their beer (and I work like 60 seconds from this particular place)  but by the time I get home, I ain't running back to wait. 

Flavor is good but a little thin.

I have found with this beer that quality varies from bottle to bottle. Like a lot.
I bought two bottles, same day, right next to eah other on the shelf. One was terrible. Hardly any barrel and I got no vanilla.
I opened the other a few days later and it was delicious. A vanilla bomb almost.
My point is to give it another try.

I have found with this beer that quality varies from bottle to bottle. Like a lot.
I bought two bottles, same day, right next to eah other on the shelf. One was terrible. Hardly any barrel and I got no vanilla.
I opened the other a few days later and it was delicious. A vanilla bomb almost.
My point is to give it another try.

I have one that I'll keep until it gets a little cooler out, so I'll give it another try.

Two packs of xocoveza and FBS purchased today. Can't wait to give the xoco a try this weekend.

My store said 1-2 weeks. I don't even feel like drinking anything else as I wait. I'm like two states away from CA, and it looks to be out in the midwest already. Maybe they are shipping from Richmond VA now?

kngpin88, mix that up ASAP. 50% of each into a normal beer glass. You'll be in heaven. I can't look at normal XOCO the same.

Last edited:
FINALLY

Local store said 1 pack per person. They also got FBS in (bottled September 1), so will cop that too.

Last edited:
Walked into my local total wine. Grabbed 2 6 packs from the display of about 20 cases and multiple six packs. And I walked out. Stone has already said they upped the production this year and I totally believe them. $16 a sixer.

Its a must try imo, one of my favorite stouts and by extension one of my favorite beers thus far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom