NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Atlanta has been very good to me so far. I never once found Ten Fidy in Orlando, but my local spot has a bunch right now. 

Creature Comforts Tropicalia and Three Taverns Hoplicity. I guess it's the first time Three Taverns have ever canned the Hoplicity. Supposedly very good. Gonna crack some tonight. Also had the Three Taverns Night On Ponce, which I like but nothing to write home about. 

grabbed xocoveza on my lunch break today

also got a 375 ml bottle of wild elf cause i've been wanting to try it since i heard Troegs was going to make it probably over a year ago

7 beers for $31 :x

This stuff is really good, had to get more. From the smell to the taste. Good looks on the recommendation Chop.

Still no xocoveza. But did happen upon a random restock of AVBC blood orange gose. Case bought on the spot.

Been on a serious lager/Pilsner kick lately. From some local pale lagers, German pils, to FW pivo, to macro dos Equis. Taste buds have not totally been feeling ipas.

Fbs always getting picked up.

Random stone enjoy by 10.31 single. Sad they had that but no xocoveza. I' need my fix lol.

Hofbrau Oktoberfest single just to finish my Oktoberfest sampling.

You all got some nice hauls.

I'm getting outta the game I think. Gonna drink off what I got left and I think it's time to move on or at least dial it back. But I got a nice little haul tonight.

That manifesto is like pure 10% chocolate! :lol:

[/IMG]

This stuff is really good, had to get more. From the smell to the taste. Good looks on the recommendation Chop.

Had some while I was on Orlando for work last week. Absolutely loved it. Ended up bringing two sixers back. About to crack a few to drain the sorrows of the last two days as a Sox fan.

Got a variety for the weekend.

Epic tart & juicy
Bells oarsmen
Boulevard tank 7
Rhinegheist Hugh

I'm getting outta the game I think. Gonna drink off what I got left and I think it's time to move on or at least dial it back. But I got a nice little haul tonight.
That's where it starts man. Disconnect the phone and internet. Every week there is probably something that is itching your fix. Become a ghost and leave us lol.

Xoco was $17/sixer last year for me.. Prior to that, we were paying $9/bomber, which is basically $28/sixers equivalent. So no one please complain to Stone so they can change it back again..

I'm hearing that it may be more spicy and more of a smooth coffee flavor. I guess we shall see.

Someone please do a FBS x XOCO mix and post about it. No joke. Best combo ever.

Interesting/yet sad bit of info here.. FW entered my state in early August with tons of fresh beers. One of the fresh beers was Pivo Pils.. Some 2+ months later, places all around town are still selling the same dated beer. Luckily, Pivo isnt too hoppy of a hoppy pils. But it's a great lesson for new breweries entering states. No one truly wants old beer. Buy and support what you like like its a badge of honor, because truly there may be no second chance.. I could see FW leaving my state in a years time.. Luckily Union Jack and Double Jack seem to sell really really well.. Everything else is iffy, including Lupulin Disortion.

Last edited:
I'm shaking like a crack head. ready for my fix. 1-2 wks is so vague. Seeing that one store got 7 cases of Tangerine enjoy by, I see no reason for a limit at my store. But I still want to drink it without any regard for human life

Btw. Got to try some Upslope Brown Ale.
Almost feels like a baby FBS. It has brown sugar with some brown ale malt notes.. Quite solid actually. beats the heck out of the Upslope IPA, which is is so malty. No real hop presence at all

It's really strange that Xocoveza isn't available in parts of Cali or New Mexico yet.  Hell, I'm on Long Island and can't throw a rock without hitting a 6 pack of Xocoveza right now. 

It's drinking great, by the way.  Definitely heavy on the coffee and cinnamon this time around, which I have no problem with whatsoever.  

Anywho...big beer weekend out in NY:

They're not even giving me a chance anymore. 
laugh.gif
  Mylar Bags might be one of my favorite Other Half IPAs of all time, and those Sand City beers look amazing.  I don't know if I'll be able to close my refrigerator door come Sunday.

That's where it starts man. Disconnect the phone and internet. Every week there is probably something that is itching your fix. Become a ghost and leave us lol.

Xoco was $17/sixer last year for me.. Prior to that, we were paying $9/bomber, which is basically $28/sixers equivalent. So no one please complain to Stone so they can change it back again..

I'm hearing that it may be more spicy and more of a smooth coffee flavor. I guess we shall see.

Someone please do a FBS x XOCO mix and post about it. No joke. Best combo ever.

Interesting/yet sad bit of info here.. FW entered my state in early August with tons of fresh beers. One of the fresh beers was Pivo Pils.. Some 2+ months later, places all around town are still selling the same dated beer. Luckily, Pivo isnt too hoppy of a hoppy pils. But it's a great lesson for new breweries entering states. No one truly wants old beer. Buy and support what you like like its a badge of honor, because truly there may be no second chance.. I could see FW leaving my state in a years time.. Luckily Union Jack and Double Jack seem to sell really really well.. Everything else is iffy, including Lupulin Disortion.
My problem is I don't have any social media. No FB, Twitter, etc. The only way I know when a beer pops up is if I happen to Google something and find a lead (which is almost never) or I am on a email list from my favorite local spot which goes out each Friday. And half the time by the time I get it, anything "hot" is gone but I got lucky with the Xoco last night. 

I've only been at this for 7/8 years and honestly, I'm just getting burnt out. I'll def still be in and outta here but I think I'm taking a long, well needed break. Hop on the scotch train a little harder. We'll see. 

Didn't do a vert, but had a '16 Xoco tonight. TONS of cocoa and coffee up front. Bitterness for days. Vanilla on the back. Once it warmed the chile's come through. Can't say I'm happy about all that at all.
FYI, "Xoco" on my phone auto corrected to "xvideos". :lol:

Been putting in work yesterday and today.  Here are the fruits of my labor:

Wasn't able to get cans of Mylar Bags from OH yesterday due to the fact that they sold out within about 1 hour.  Bummed, but I was at least able to grab a growler.  Such a great beer.  Dangerous for 8.8%.

Forever Simcoe makes up for missing out on Mylar Bags.  I'm used to Simcoe being a lot more piney, but this has a great citrus/fruity flavor to it that dominates.  Glad I stocked up on this.

I was skeptical about Grape Conversate, but it pulls off the grape pretty well.  The grape dominates up front, but it isn't overly sweet.  The finish is all hops with a hint of booze.  Might need a week or two to mellow the booze, but it's still very good as-is. The Biggie reference is also appreciated. 
laugh.gif

First canned stout from Other Half.  I regret not picking up more of this one.  Drinks like an imperial.  Way better than the barrel-aged version.  Still available at the brewery.  If you're in the city and you're a stout fan I suggest picking up a few 4-packs of this.

Sand City's 1 year anniversary party is today.  This one is hopped with galaxy and citra.  Tasting amazing. If someone handed me this and didn't tell me what it was I'd guess it was a Trillium beer.  I predict great things for Sand City in the future.

Anywho, time for some homework and some football.  Happy Sunday, NT.

Dang comparison ford, I thought you were on a slowdown lol.
How is Sand City canning so fast? My states great brewers are struggling in that aspect.

I did some math and with OH doing about 130 cases of beer (for that one style), that's about 12 bbls of beer. A lot of breweries on the smaller scale brew have anywhere from a 3bbl to a 7bbl brewhouse, meaning they can cook up that much at any given time. OH must be working around the clock for those smaller outputs.. Prices really arent that bad either.
-------------
GABF ended yeseterday with the awards show.

Any of you out in cali ever had

Super Cali IPA, Riip Beer Co., Huntington Beach, CA
Breaking Bud, Knee Deep Brewing Co., Auburn, CA
Nobility, Noble Ale Works, Anaheim, CA

A couple of local breweries took home medals from my city.. Bosque with a wet hopped IPA silver medal win. I'm gonna bust out a bomber here in a sec

Dang comparison ford, I thought you were on a slowdown lol.
How is Sand City canning so fast? My states great brewers are struggling in that aspect.

I did some math and with OH doing about 130 cases of beer (for that one style), that's about 12 bbls of beer. A lot of breweries on the smaller scale brew have anywhere from a 3bbl to a 7bbl brewhouse, meaning they can cook up that much at any given time. OH must be working around the clock for those smaller outputs.. Prices really arent that bad either.
GABF ended yeseterday with the awards show.

Any of you out in cali ever had

Super Cali IPA, Riip Beer Co., Huntington Beach, CA
Breaking Bud, Knee Deep Brewing Co., Auburn, CA
Nobility, Noble Ale Works, Anaheim, CA

A couple of local breweries took home medals from my city.. Bosque with a wet hopped IPA silver medal win. I'm gonna bust out a bomber here in a sec
I was on a slowdown for about a month to lose about 10-15 pounds and to get back into the swing of working out.  I pretty much lost all of the weight I wanted to lose and I'm going to the gym regularly again. My drinking still isn't what it once was, though.  I usually drink one beer a night on weekdays and a few more on the weekends. Moderation>mostly abstinence.  

Sand City is actually one of the few breweries around here that has their own canning line.  Granted it's a tiny canning line, but it's a canning line nonetheless.  Probably the reason their production is much lower for their can releases.  They average about 130 cases/beer for their releases, where I'm pretty sure Other Half is doing about 250 cases/beer for their releases and releasing 4 different beers per release. Other Half is cranking out a TON of beer these days.

Back
Top Bottom