NT: The People v OJ / 30 for 30: OJ

Esquire Sets All-Day O.J. Simpson Trial Marathon

Esquire is the latest network to jump on the O.J. Simpson bandwagon.

The NBCUniversal-owned cable channel will revisit the high-profile murder case with The Real O.J. Simpson Trial, a 12-hour special set to air on Sunday, April 3, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET/PT. The broadcast marathon will recap the events of the 1995 murder trial, from the opening arguments to the final verdict, using archival footage.

The criminal case recently came back into the cultural conversation thanks to FX’s buzzy miniseries The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story, which is set to air its finale two days later on April 5.

Here’s a detailed schedule of Esquire’s all-day special:

9 a.m.-10 a.m.: “The Kickoff" — Opening statements by prosecutors Marcia Clark, Christopher Darden and “Dream Team” defense lead Johnnie Cochran.

10 a.m.-11 a.m.: “Dead-Ball, Foul Play" — Opening statements continue and new witnesses not disclosed by the defense allow state prosecutor Clark an additional opening statement.

11 a.m.-12 p.m.: “The F Word" — Former LAPD detective Mark Fuhrman testifies.

12 p.m.-1 p.m.: “I Plead The Fifth” — Defense witnesses testify. Fuhrman makes a stunning return. F. Lee Bailey enthralls the media.

1 p.m.-2 p.m.: “Take Care of the Hands That Take Care of You" — A particular pair of gloves holds the courtroom’s attention.

2 p.m.-3 p.m.: “Is Kato Your Middle Name?“ — Struggling actor and Simpson guest-house occupant Brian “Kato” Kaelin begins a multi-day appearance.

3 p.m.-4 p.m.: “Never Live With Someone That Won the Heisman” — Testimony continues with Kaelin.

4 p.m.-5 p.m : “Did We Just Have an Earthquake: Thumps on the Wall” — Kaelin wraps up his time on the stand, then faces the waiting media.

5 p.m.-6 p.m.: “Running Back” — Closing arguments by prosecutors Clark and Darden, defense team’s Cochran and Barry Scheck.

6 p.m.-7 p.m.: “Milking the Clock” — Closing arguments by prosecutors Clark and Darden, defense team’s Cochran and Scheck.

7 p.m.-8 p.m.: “Play to the Whistle” — Closing arguments continue. Rebuttals by the prosecution.

8 p.m.-9 p.m.: “If It Doesn’t Fit, You Must Acquit" — Closing arguments, rebuttal and the verdict of the Trial of the Century.
In

just watched the most recent episode
series is lit :smokin

black folks dancin when Martin was approved for viewing :lol:

Underrated moment of the episode... when the juror was complaining that the black jurors were sent to shop at Ross.. and then Johnnie reassuring the Judge that it was a real thing

laugh.gif

Martin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Seinfeld

I used to think this until I started watching Seinfeld. The show was/is legit brilliant. Just like Martin; I can watch reruns and still laugh even though i know what jokes are coming.

If anything...

Martin = Seinfeld

nah martin is def better
I agree with this. With age I grew to love Seinfeld. It really is brilliant.

I didn't really learn to appreciate Seinfeld until I started watching Curb. Larry David is a comedic genius.

Last edited:
Last episode was comedy.

Lee just don't care :lol:

Marcia looking at Johnny about the Ross thing and Johnny shaking his head yes. :lol:

Tracy pretty *** :pimp: :pimp:

Didn't think this show would have as many funny moments, the Lolz are appreciated :pimp:

Last edited:
Tonight's episode should be :smokin I read the transcript of the tapes and :smh: :x crazy that this case is 20 years old and stuff like this still goes on.

Ahh finally a release date for the 30for30 :pimp:. Surprised it's on ABC too, but I guess they want as many viewers as possible. Hopefully it's not toned down because of that but IIRC someone posted in here that it's gotten rave reviews; some one ESPN's best work for the 30for30 series.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom