NT: The People v OJ / 30 for 30: OJ

I cant see this show delivering like this if the subject was Hurricane Katrina.
Yeah. I mean it was a big event via natural disaster. There is no one person or group of ppl we all think of when we think of Katrina.

So even if the ppl behind this contact the real ppl and document moments as told it's just not going to be the same.

At best they'll make use of the looters/salvage media coverage, the ppl raped and murdered during this, and some other crazy **** that went down during this we had no clue about. Casting will be key once again.
I was just talking about this with someone. Next season they'll have to take a completely different approach. I'm excited to see what angle they go with.

Don't sleep on FX, not many of us thought this OJ series would be good at all and now look at us HOOKED :pimp:

They'll have some big expectations to live up too after this one but I think they'll do a great job.

Last edited:
I knew this was gonna be good once I heard Cuba was in it and Travolta was playing Shapiro. It's just FX rep is still growing but I've been watching the majority of all of their shows for years now so I was expecting something good if not great.

Plus when you look at it, the writing is so strong for this show that they probably didn't even have to nail it the way they did with the casting.

Next season is about to be on fire.
I really can't see it.
Why not? As long as the casting isn't an epic fail, I think Katrina is a great event to examine further.

Now, I don't know how it qualifies as a 'crime.' It was criminal, but I don't think we'll see any court cases. I'm curious to see the government and FEMAs perspectives.

Next season won't be as good as this one, though. This is lightning in a bottle.

Last edited:
:rofl: This episode was lit. Give Courtney B Vance all the awards. Real life can be so amazing sometimes, from dudes untimely heart attack to the home staging "this ain't even my family". This is the most polarizing show since Breaking Bad.

THIS. How could they not give him an Emmy/Golden Globe... after this performance. The ghost of Johnny Cochran possessed that man during filming.

This show is fascinating to say the least. I vividly remember this trial and simply can't believe how tone deaf, stupid, and amatuerish the prosecution was. This was a slam dunk case and they blew it. OJ's lawyers were ten steps ahead and they didn't even know it :smh:

Last edited:
Watching this weeks show now..

"N**** Please"

WOW!

Can already tell this episode is gonna be lit

Seems like Chris and Marcia were too emotionally driven by different things to make clear decisions in this trial, because some of the things we're seeing them butcher is ridiculous.

If Fuhrman's history was so well known and if you had a "slam dunk" case in the first place, why in the hell risk that for some racist cop? All while knowing the defense was playing the race card. That is some stupid **** right there :lol:

There's a reason DAs don't get the big bucks maybe? :lol:

Another week goes by and I can't tell if the majority of this thread legit enjoys the show or thinks its a joke :rofl: .

Everyone was hyped by the "N please" line, and rightfully so, but I can't read some of y'all if you found it so over the top or took it as "Holy ****, it just got real".

Last edited:
Another week goes by and I can't tell if the majority of this thread legit enjoys the show or thinks its a joke :rofl: .

Everyone was hyped by the "N please" line, and rightfully so, but I can't read some of y'all if you found it so over the top or took it as "Holy ****, it just got real".

Can't speak for the thread but everyone I know IRL legit enjoys it like I do.

Same. Not even sure why it matters though, kind of an odd concern.

Everyone I know outside of NT likes this show. Hell, we be texting during commercial breaks about what happened :lol:

Oh I don't care one way or the other :lol: I'm enjoying it overall. Early on the first two episodes I thought it was pretty corny but it's picked up since. Just was curious if most were leaning towards actual enjoying or thought it was corny/over the top.

Marcia is looking incredibly naive and daft. It's like she lived in some sort of fantasy world.
This isn't just the pov of Marcia but a lot of white America that isn't purposely racist.

Darden told her when he said you don't live in my world.

Legally though she's obviously not the most strategic or cunning. Cuz even if she didn't think Furman wasn't a problem, taking the repeated suggestions and advice from someone compared to her should be viewed as an expert never worked in her game plan.

Marcia is looking incredibly naive and daft. It's like she lived in some sort of fantasy world.

She trusted that the people would "do the right thing." She seriously, seriously, underestimated the defense and the role race played in the case. It's almost as if she felt like it didn't matter.

Oh I don't care one way or the other :lol: I'm enjoying it overall. Early on the first two episodes I thought it was pretty corny but it's picked up since. Just was curious if most were leaning towards actual enjoying or thought it was corny/over the top.

Agreed, good thing I didn't check out early.

This isn't just the pov of Marcia but a lot of white America that isn't purposely racist.

Darden told her when he said you don't live in my world.

Legally though she's obviously not the most strategic or cunning. Cuz even if she didn't think Furman wasn't a problem, taking the repeated suggestions and advice from someone compared to her should be viewed as an expert never worked in her game plan.

This is why diversity in the work place matters, but only works if management also thinks its important.

Chris Darden tried put Marcia on some game so that she could avoid this L. but she refused to listen, Marcia wanted to live in the fantasy land that most white Americans inhabit where race has no meaning and everyone is color blind. :smh: :lol:

and Marcia was a GOOD prosecutor, but she got caught in a situation where she needed to listen to black folks and instead she decided to take the L. :lol:

Everyone I know outside of NT likes this show. Hell, we be texting during commercial breaks about what happened
laugh.gif
My mom even watching this every week
laugh.gif
and she don't watch much tv
same.  My mom said she's been staying up till 10 watching this, i think she's usually knocked out around 7-8

Watching it again.. Darden played himself smh

I understand what he was TRYING to say but dude went about saying it all wrong.

Cochran schooled him somethin vicious

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom