NT: The People v OJ / 30 for 30: OJ

Had to DVR the episode today and just watched it

Incredible **** man.

Basically piggybacking on everything already said.

Vance 
nthat.gif

Darden calling Marcia's bluff on the race card tip. 
laugh.gif

Best show on Television right now

Last edited:
Cochrane is the Mike Jordan of this dream team...... CLEARLY!

He really made the prosecution look like a group of rookies.

Between Marcia,fuhrman,LAPD mishandling evidence and Cochran's greatness, no wonder OJ won.

Can someone explain to me what happened with the witnesses being left out

Why did the guy freak out so much?

Why did JC mention them when the guy on his team told him not to?

Between Marcia,fuhrman,LAPD mishandling evidence and Cochran's greatness, no wonder OJ won.

Prosecution got way ahead of themselves thinking the physical evidence was enough. You could tell from the jump things would only go downhill from their high horse.

The defense is required to provide the prosecution with every witness they'd be calling to the stand and vice versa to prevent any team being caught off guard. Johnny wasn't going to concede all those witnesses, so he forced his guy to 'fall on his sword' and take the blame for 12 witnesses that the prosecution knew nothing about.

When he called Johnnie and Johnnie straight up told him 'there comes a time when a man has to fall on his sword, tomorrow is your day.' Coldblooded. Wonder what proper protocol is for a situation like that. I was surprised to see that the judge gave the defense the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

The defense is required to provide the prosecution with every witness they'd be calling to the stand and vice versa to prevent any team being caught off guard. Johnny wasn't going to concede all those witnesses, so he forced his guy to 'fall on his sword' and take the blame for 12 witnesses that the prosecution knew nothing about.

When he called Johnnie and Johnnie straight up told him 'there comes a time when a man has to fall on his sword, tomorrow is your day.' Coldblooded. Wonder what proper protocol is for a situation like that. I was surprised to see that the judge gave the defense the benefit of the doubt.
And we see Johnnie's man is still on the team after his sacrifice, correct?

And we see Johnnie's man is still on the team after his sacrifice, correct?
I believe so. The judge didn't seem to make a big deal out of it surprisingly.

Probably because it was just starting and not already deep into the trial.

Next week's preview.....the cop took the evidence home and didn't check it in until the next day?! :x

Steven Avery needs/needed JC on his staff :lol:

Next week's preview.....the cop took the evidence home and didn't check it in until the next day?! :x

Steven Avery needs/needed JC on his staff :lol:

He's been dead since 05 so it Avery is out of luck. CBV looks way more a savage than the real life Johnnie :lol: .

Last edited:

Next week's preview.....the cop took the evidence home and didn't check it in until the next day?!
sick.gif

Steven Avery needs/needed JC on his staff
laugh.gif
Makes sense. Smart move by Cochran to force everyone's hand and not take the names out of his opening statement. Probably changed the course of the whole case.

He's been dead since 05 so it Avery is out of luck. CBV looks way more a savage than the real life Johnnie
laugh.gif
Yea I know he is dead, I was just saying he needs someone that can get that shady evidence handling overturned. JC would have a field day in a small majority white town like that 
laugh.gif

You ain't lying about CBV. Makes you wonder if JC was really a bulldog like this behind the scenes. If someone came out and said JC really did hit Darden with the "Negro  Please!" line in real life though 
eek.gif
roll.gif
nthat.gif

Prosecution got way ahead of themselves thinking the physical evidence was enough. You could tell from the jump things would only go downhill from their high horse.

Truth. Prosecution took too much for granted and thought it was in the bag.

Cochran sees himself and F. Lee Bailey as experienced trial lawyers who understood criminal defense, while prosecutor Christopher Darden made mistake after mistake.

Cochran wants himself to appear in the best light possible no matter how contradictory the setting: He portrays himself as a mentor to Darden, warning him away from courtroom traps (such as questioning Mark Fuhrman, which Cochran himself did not do, giving the job to Bailey). Yet he also relishes the fact that he ridiculed Darden (by having Bailey say to Darden, "You've got the balls of a stud field mouse") into asking Simpson to try on the seemingly ill-fitting gloves.

We understand his fury during Darden's argument that taped references by Fuhrman to "*******" would upset the black jurors to such an extent that they would "blind this jury." It was as though, Cochran says, "our eight black jurors were children, so emotional and fragile, so easily influenced and led, that . . . a single word could cause them to take leave of their reason."
It is at this point that Cochran quite rightly raises the "race card" to his readers. He recalls that as a small boy in Louisiana he used to read the 1911 edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica, a copy of which he recently found in a used bookstore.

He thinks about it while listening to Darden: "Under the heading 'The Negro' it read: 'Mentally the negro is inferior to the white . . . capable of performing acts of singular atrocity, impressionable, vain, but often exhibiting in the capacity of servant a doglike fidelity."

http://www.sfgate.com/books/article/Johnnie-Cochran-Tells-Why-He-Used-the-Race-Card-2965003.php

Man, the scene where they were outside in the hall and Johnnie and Chris had a heart-to-heart. All of sudden, Johnnie goes "I'm here to win". Man, I thought that was just a straight-up diss to him.

But Johnnie had to outdo himself by dissing Chris in front of his peers and in front of the judge. GOT EM!

This show is just the best.

:rofl: This episode was lit. Give Courtney B Vance all the awards. Real life can be so amazing sometimes, from dudes untimely heart attack to the home staging "this ain't even my family". This is the most polarizing show since Breaking Bad.

Last edited:
Cochran sees himself and F. Lee Bailey as experienced trial lawyers who understood criminal defense, while prosecutor Christopher Darden made mistake after mistake.

Cochran wants himself to appear in the best light possible no matter how contradictory the setting: He portrays himself as a mentor to Darden, warning him away from courtroom traps (such as questioning Mark Fuhrman, which Cochran himself did not do, giving the job to Bailey). Yet he also relishes the fact that he ridiculed Darden (by having Bailey say to Darden, "You've got the balls of a stud field mouse") into asking Simpson to try on the seemingly ill-fitting gloves.

We understand his fury during Darden's argument that taped references by Fuhrman to "*******" would upset the black jurors to such an extent that they would "blind this jury." It was as though, Cochran says, "our eight black jurors were children, so emotional and fragile, so easily influenced and led, that . . . a single word could cause them to take leave of their reason."
It is at this point that Cochran quite rightly raises the "race card" to his readers. He recalls that as a small boy in Louisiana he used to read the 1911 edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica, a copy of which he recently found in a used bookstore.

He thinks about it while listening to Darden: "Under the heading 'The Negro' it read: 'Mentally the negro is inferior to the white . . . capable of performing acts of singular atrocity, impressionable, vain, but often exhibiting in the capacity of servant a doglike fidelity."

http://www.sfgate.com/books/article/Johnnie-Cochran-Tells-Why-He-Used-the-Race-Card-2965003.php
Cochrain was cold blooded. Manipulated Darden the whole way.

Back
Top Bottom