NT MLB Redraft Thread: May standings posted!

I'll diligently check-in for my Round 3 selection. Good work, guys. Proud to be a part of this process.

Pro, what rosters are you going off of?
and whats going to happen with DH, im guessing all teams will use it?

Are you going to be downloading a roster or using the updated default MLB the Show rosters?
I've noticed this previously in the thread, providing you caution. The video game simulation is one aspect of judging our teams after the redraft is complete. Meaning the Show and its ratings isn't the end-all, be-all. If that was so, I'd just take the highest-rated video game player every selection. We're going to have open debate projecting youth potential, player development, etc.

:lol:

i hope that's not the goal (to win the Show season). i haven't been checking ratings on there :lol:

i hope that's not the goal (to win the Show season). i haven't been checking ratings on there :lol:
Had to make the point, don't want him or others drafting purely based on the Show. Hence why I factored in Sale's throwing motion with my first-round selection. It's relevant in open discussion post-redraft, considering the possibility of your ace hurt or missing starts.

You have two really good young bats, solid defensively, but I admit, was really surprised you went Rizzo when you did. I didn't see that coming.
Rizzo, Rendon, and Brantley surprised me as early as they went. But hey, this is coming from the guy who reached for Wacha. As faux GM's, I'm sure we're okay with our decisions.

I have always been a Rizzo guy, and he pretty well fit the profile of what I wanted in the first round, but it still felt reach-ish. Stanton or Puig is who I really wanted, outside of lucking into the first pick.

I like my chances in the mid-to-late rounds, though. But just like the other redraft, I am operating under the mindset of real-life gameplay, which I don't always expect to show up in video games (particularly in a baseball one, with regards to defense).

It's def not :lol: as Champ so eloquently put it, that's just one aspect of the draft. Granted, that's going to be the one with the most tangible result (unless we can somehow get this on to a fantasy squad next year).

Hey, he is the highest WAR left at 4.2.

Thanks C CP1708 .

I meant to answer you earlier about your Cueto WAR question (I know it might come up with Hughes)...BR/ESPN just uses a basic runs allowed (both earned and unearned) and innings pitched. FG goes in depth with a great stat known as FIP which is
Fielding Independent Pitching (FIP) measures what a player’s ERA should have looked like over a given time period, assuming that performance on balls in play and timing were league average. Back in the early 2000s, research by Voros McCracken revealed that the amount of balls that fall in for hits against pitchers do not correlate well across seasons. In other words, pitchers have little control over balls in play. McCracken outlined a better way to assess a pitcher’s talent level by looking at results a pitcher can control: strikeouts, walks, hit by pitches, and homeruns.
and then delves in to the run environment, park adjustments and defensive adjustments which paint a greater picture.

:lol: while I appreciate it, I think that there are just so many talented players that it makes it a little easier for someone to take your player but you find a suitable replacement or fill another void.

@erupt107th is on the clock until 5:23PM ET.

I'll tell you one thing, I'm confident I'll be able to get my next 2 picks. Baseball is so deep and there's so many different approaches to take to building a team.

This is running along quite nicely. I like.

Better OP in this one than the NBA one.

Wait.... :lol:

Pro has definitely done a phenomenal job with the organization and lots of people are chipping in to help get this moving. I think the NBA redraft has less to do with you as the OP and more about the posters who really only stay in the NBA threads are jokesters. :lol: That season/off-season threads are always a mess. Hard to get a word in edgewise over there.

Remember the great job I'm doing when I go out drinking at 5PM today and don't resurface until Sunday night :lol:

Back
Top Bottom