NT is fascinated w/ wealth and its attainment so...Who are the REAL ballers on NT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by lilpro4u

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ investment nerds..

dudes on NT are beyond foolish..

I can't believe how much I've been slacking on that investment thread, tho..
smh.gif
I'm saying, i done heard alot of dumb *%+% on NT but that right there?
sick.gif

Trading thousands a day while smoking exotic tree's in your early 20's is nerdish.
eek.gif

I'm bout to be Urkel x Dexter x Jimmy Neutron 5.0 then.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kEnn E

its called a vacuum sealer and white girls in a inconspicuous vehicle.

and i doubt the #+%@ they called cali dro in NY is actually from cali, 100 bucks says most of it is from canada, which would be easier to ship than from cali. interstate trafficking is no joke.

(IF I had to guess, cause I really dont know) Nah and yeah .. Most does come from Canada but We got everything from Cali in my area .. From OG kush to Blue Dream ... Train wreck .. all that .. G-13 .. All that .. and its shipped like a pair of DS Concords .. never driven !!!!  Ever !!!

Dont @*!! w/ So. Cali dudes though, only them Bay area and Prtland dudes !!
pimp.gif
  Nuff said

Originally Posted by magneto621

i hate it when investment nerds try to come off as ''cool'' or ''hood'' ..this dude stays sayin how he's from NYC smoking bud all day and chillen with shorties but yet he's watchin bloomberg
roll.gif
roll.gif

sounding like a hood version of
steve-01.jpg

laugh.gif

smh.gif

Originally Posted by awwsome

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ investment nerds..

dudes on NT are beyond foolish..

I can't believe how much I've been slacking on that investment thread, tho..
smh.gif
I'm saying, i done heard alot of dumb *%+% on NT but that right there?
sick.gif

Trading thousands a day while smoking exotic tree's in your early 20's is nerdish.
eek.gif

I'm bout to be Urkel x Dexter x Jimmy Neutron 5.0 then.
pimp.gif

roll.gif

real talk though.... you should see some of the guys I do business with on a day to day basis...they look very professional, but grew up in some of the worst neighborhoods in the U.S.  I guess you really cant make it out of the ghetto without someone making fun of you because they are the ones keeping it "real" by still living in the same project building that they were brought up in...

-J23C

none of what you people thinky/say is gonna happen.

Sorry, just had to put it out there. This thread got a lil ridiculous earlier.

On one hand, guy boasting about having tons of fun as a young black male doing something that he cant even talk about (allegedly)
On the other hand we have daytrading college students, who I'd assume would be well off without the daytrading, but are in a position to do so already because of their background...

The push/pull has been very interesting, as well as ridiculous. Either way, without sharing a FULL story of how things came to be where they (allegedly) are today, its all really a moot point. But good info, and I and other shall/should take what they need and move on.

So, thanks. i suppose.

I just read all 18 pages of this thread. Champion Edition is 410Fresh's new name.

Congrats to kicksfiend on your accomplishment (unless you're trolling us)...I like hearing about successful inner city youths that dont spend their bank accounts on Prada America cups and Moncler jackets and think their doin it

I just turned 21 on the 6th and currently have an etrade account with roughly a $6,000 balance that started with $500 last year and i thought i was doin it
laugh.gif

edit- its almost 5am on the east coast so i dont want to hear %#*% about my grammar or punctuation

lol @ this whole thread...

bottom line is there are many ways to make money. To downplay or discredit one avenue or another is foolish.

This thread sucks now. Champion, You're just gonna talk %@$+ on anybody who has more paper then you, or at least that's what it seems like. At the end of the day, you're still a lame who just so happens to have a few pennies in the bank and green in your blunt. No different then hundreds of thousands of people in this country. Log out.

Originally Posted by swizzc

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

My dad is the CFO of a bank and my mom is a partner at an accounting firm. Dad drives a purple Ford 95 Windstar and my mom drives a 2003 Buick Park Avenue. BALLINNNNN

What are you though?
I'm an investment banking analyst. Any more questions broski?
AKA grunt?

(No hate - just recalling Liars Poker, I believe).
Kinda depends what you define as grunt work. If you define it as modeling company capital structures (both on a historical and post acquisition basis), preparing pitchbooks for prospective clients, writing 100+ page deal information memorandums to convince lenders to buy into a bank syndicate, and also working with CFO's/Treasurers to prepare a transaction pitch to the syndicated bank group... then yes, it is grunt work.  Not any worse than tax season for you though.
I always feel like I'm getting kicked in the groin when a deal dies with the quickness knowing i basically stayed up all night preparing the pitch book haha

My dad is the CFO of a bank and my mom is a partner at an accounting firm. Dad drives a purple Ford 95 Windstar and my mom drives a 2003 Buick Park Avenue. BALLINNNNN

What are you though?
I'm an investment banking analyst. Any more questions broski?
AKA grunt?

(No hate - just recalling Liars Poker, I believe).
Kinda depends what you define as grunt work. If you define it as modeling company capital structures (both on a historical and post acquisition basis), preparing pitchbooks for prospective clients, writing 100+ page deal information memorandums to convince lenders to buy into a bank syndicate, and also working with CFO's/Treasurers to prepare a transaction pitch to the syndicated bank group... then yes, it is grunt work.  Not any worse than tax season for you though.
laugh.gif
I bet I still work less hours overall though....
At least I have people that I can have do the stuff I don't want to now.
I gotcha though, I know the first 2 years are the absolute #!%%% at most investment banks.
Knew some people at some middle level ones (ie the non GS type) and it was similar just w/ less volume.
I'm sure you do work less hours, especially if you've moved up enough to be able to allocate work to others now (hopefully I will get to that level one day
laugh.gif
). You probably get paid more too, SMH.  As far as I know, the only difference between middle market and bulge bracket firms is the size of deals. The bulge brackets will be working on high multi hundred million, even billion dollar deals (which is why it takes more time).  The actual work is the same though (at least from what I know).
Yep, but you'd rather be a bulge bracket than a boutique.  Looks better moving to the buy side, unless you did ridiculous deals at the boutique

Originally Posted by digital022

ChampionEdition wrote:
 wealthy is when (like i said earlier) is when you buy houses cash.
Buying a house straight up cash is foolish because it takes away a persons capital, regardless of how wealthy they are.  
For example, lets say I bought a house cash in 2006 for $600,000 cash. Today, that house would be worth $400,000~ which would be a $200,000~ loss.
Now had I put down $100,000, I could have sold or walked away from that POS without having too much invested...all the meanwhile the extra $500,000 could be at work making me more money, instead of losing  $200,000 in equity.

Some of the wealthiest financial heads like Peter Schiff and Jim Cramer do not own ANY real estate, not even their primary residence, yet they could "buy houses cash" if they really wanted to I guess.

I mean its hard to argue 2006 prices against that of prices today....
Why wouldn't you buy a house in cash if you could rent it out and have rents cover all your necessary expenses?
It'd be hard to do that while the asset is leveraged because you'd be adding into the rental basis yearly interest payments.
So you could have put $500,000 in some stocks/options/etc, which isn't going to guarantee you any gain, either, against 2006 prices since those stock prices would have been inflated too.

I think some of you are thinking all real estate purchases, cash or otherwise, is speculative, which isn't necessarily true.

You have to analyze the market.  Rather than paying for a house in all cash, you can mortgage out the house and invest that cash in something that just about guarantees a RoR above the interest you pay.  Then again, not too many people are this financially sophisticated..  

My wife worked at one, which was essentially part of a Major Banks. Since she did mostly admin work the benefit was her using our Rewards card to book conferences, hotels, etc.

Lived nicely during that time.

She told me about some of the possible deals (most were private equity) and it's just ridiculous what goes into it. So I could imagine how it feels if it falls apart, especially at the 12th hour.

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

I just read all 18 pages of this thread. Champion Edition is 410Fresh's new name.

Congrats to kicksfiend on your accomplishment (unless you're trolling us)...I like hearing about successful inner city youths that dont spend their bank accounts on Prada America cups and Moncler jackets and think their doin it

I just turned 21 on the 6th and currently have an etrade account with roughly a $6,000 balance that started with $500 last year and i thought i was doin it
laugh.gif

edit- its almost 5am on the east coast so i dont want to hear %#*% about my grammar or punctuation

When you opened up that etrade account did you know anything about trading? Im thinkin about doin the same but dnt have quite the idea or proper knowledge about trading. i am eager and willing to learn though

laugh.gif

Much props to you turning that $500 into $6,000. I started out with $25k and am sitting on 6 figures, but it must've been much more difficult turning $500 into $6,000. Requires a lot of patience and the right plays to do that. Keep it up man.

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

ChampionEdition wrote:
 wealthy is when (like i said earlier) is when you buy houses cash.
Buying a house straight up cash is foolish because it takes away a persons capital, regardless of how wealthy they are.  
For example, lets say I bought a house cash in 2006 for $600,000 cash. Today, that house would be worth $400,000~ which would be a $200,000~ loss.
Now had I put down $100,000, I could have sold or walked away from that POS without having too much invested...all the meanwhile the extra $500,000 could be at work making me more money, instead of losing  $200,000 in equity.

Some of the wealthiest financial heads like Peter Schiff and Jim Cramer do not own ANY real estate, not even their primary residence, yet they could "buy houses cash" if they really wanted to I guess.
I mean its hard to argue 2006 prices against that of prices today....
Why wouldn't you buy a house in cash if you could rent it out and have rents cover all your necessary expenses?
It'd be hard to do that while the asset is leveraged because you'd be adding into the rental basis yearly interest payments.
So you could have put $500,000 in some stocks/options/etc, which isn't going to guarantee you any gain, either, against 2006 prices since those stock prices would have been inflated too.

I think some of you are thinking all real estate purchases, cash or otherwise, is speculative, which isn't necessarily true.
In that case, if were talking long term investments then its not such a bad idea, thats how my dad built wealth (not necessarily buying cash upfront, but all his properties are paid off at this point) but some people just don't have the time to be landlords.  You gotta deal with non paying tenants/ late rent payments, tenants move out and you need to find new ones, stuff breaks and tenants are calling for repairs, etc...

jesus !+$!#*% christ.

you guys are trying to be mr. intellectual investor now.
you try and be so smart and skip common sense and reading comprehension.
let me simplify.
rich = having comfortable money, but still having to carefully watch investments and keep trying to make money.
wealthy = EVEN IF I BOUGHT 100 HOUSES WITH CASH I STILL HAVE NO PROBLEM BUYING A PLANE.

is that easy to read?

the defining line between rich and wealthy is "buying anything you want" and "nothing you cant buy"

short of a miracle, world changing invention or investment in a start up that becomes a major brand, none of you will never be wealthy.
hell, half of you wont even make it past the next 20 years.
here is some advice. stop being losers. sure you can have a fleet of ferraris when you 50, but you will NEVER have the same satisfaction as I will by having JUST 1 when im 25.
and if i pushin a camry in 2030 so be it.
you just said you'd probally be in one too.

and to the cat talkin stupidness bout a G35 or whatever....
you have never pulled up to the beverly hills hotel in your S class mercedes and had valets and security part the entire crowd, not knowing your nobody. you just have a awesome expensive car.
Ben, BigLesco and Thockey know what im talkin bout.
so dont start spewing all that nonsense when you dont know what youre talking about.
thats like saying playing basketball is foolish cause it breaks down your knees just cause you cant play.

You should change that to none of US. Quit thinking your in such a higher level then everyone else.

Originally Posted by kEnn E

its called a vacuum sealer and white girls in a inconspicuous vehicle.

and i doubt the #+%@ they called cali dro in NY is actually from cali, 100 bucks says most of it is from canada, which would be easier to ship than from cali. interstate trafficking is no joke.
overnight shipping, pick a courier

how bout lets stop arguing over your E-pride and lets post some pics, vids, etc... of some LIFESTYLE.
smile.gif
thank you.

Originally Posted by cbass625

laugh.gif

When you opened up that etrade account did you know anything about trading? Im thinkin about doin the same but dnt have quite the idea or proper knowledge about trading. i am eager and willing to learn though

I played an online stocks simulation called stocksquest for my finance class...we all started with $100,000 and i ended up with 20k profit in 3 weeks...i ended up winning the game for making the most profit in my class and it made me want to open my own account

i've always wanted to make an nt stocks game but i dont have any prizes to give

stocksquest.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom