NT is fascinated w/ wealth and its attainment so...Who are the REAL ballers on NT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

Originally Posted by kEnn E

and stop smoking that purple and move up to the OG kush

well when i say purple... i mean the entire bud is purple. not that wishy wash purple that some cats smoke where its a lil purple in the middle.
got so many orange hairs it looks like a hadoken.
i know what your talking about. im talking about that stuff thats so fresh you can throw it at a mirror and it'll stick to the mirror for 30 seconds to a minute before falling off. purple aint wassup anymore, you wanna be smoking that green stuff with the red hairs that smells like rubber.

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

i thought you needed 25k to start a trading account in the us? how did you do it with 5k? please enlighten. what do you trade mostly?

Didn't day trade with the 5k, when I first started trading it was currencies. I moved into equities in Sept 2008 and it was mostly options that I traded.

Now I day trade shares, futures and options. I keep a core position of puts/calls for SPY (S&P 500 etf) that I offset depending on my expectations for the market.

My main focus is:
Spoiler [+]
Currencies:
USD/JPY
GBP/USD
EUR/USD

Commodities:
Dollar Index Futures
Silver Futures
Gold Futures
Platinum Futures
Crude Futures
Natural Gas Futures
Sugar Futures (Been following it since it broke out in December)

Bonds:
2 Year Treasury Note Futures
10 Year Treasury Note Futures

Equities
Nasdaq, Dow, Russell and S&P ETFs
Any stock that's in play (meaning it's moving, usually associated with heavy volume)
Once in a while, penny stocks

This is what I follow mainly. Although it may seem from that list that my focus is primarily on futures, I trade mainly stocks. I don't always have positions in all of the above but I focus my trading on them. For example, EUR/USD is a big part of the Dollar index so I focus on both but may only trade the Dollar Index unless the set up is specific to EUR/USD.
So you started off doing forex? now that they changed the law its gonna be alot harder for people like me to leverage 10k into 100k and the such huh? and thats the only real way to make real money, fast, in the forex market no?

You can make real money fast in the forex market but you can lose money faster. A LOT of people lose money with forex. First of all most forex brokers are scams. Plus it's extremely hard to trade a market that broad using leverage. I didn't use risk management when I first started trading currencies and that could've killed me. Paper trade before you get into any type of trading. Unless you're profitable on a paper money account, don't even think about risking real money.

I'm not a long term investor, I don't know or care what happens to corn unless it happens fast.

Sure you can have a fleet of ferraris when you 50, but you will NEVER have the same satisfaction as I will by having JUST 1 when im 25.
and if i pushin a camry in 2030 so be it.
you just said you'd probally be in one too.

laugh.gif
I might be in a Ferrari sooner than you will. I've said it before that in NYC, it's not always necessary to have a car. Plus I believe that you should have 10 times the value of the car before you purchase it so I'm not purchasing any Ferrari's any time soon. However...

I've figured out the perfect solution:
Classic Car Club Manhattan

Classic Car Club is the first automotive club of its kind in the world and has been turning wheels across Europe for 15 years. It's the smartest, easiest and most cost-effective way to drive fifty years of the greatest cars ever built.
So how does it work?
The concept is simple. Join the club and you get to drive all of our cars! There are no ownership or insurance requirements, no hassles, simply sign up and get behind the wheel, we take care of all the hard work.

Typical annual memberships work on a point system and range from $8,000-$14,000 per year and offer between 30 and 80 days driving depending on which cars you drive and when.

Just a few of the cars they have (they're constantly updating their inventory:
  • 2005 Ford GT
    2009 Nissan GT-R
    2005 Ferrari F430
    2006 Ariel Atom
    2006 Lamborghini Gallardo
    2002 Porsche 911 Turbo
    2008 Maserati Gran Turismo
    1969 Jaguar E-Type
    2007 Porsche GT3
    1996 Ferrari F355 GTS
    2007 Bentley GTC
    1970 Mercedes 280SE 3.5 Cabriolet
    2008 Audi R8
    1965 Shelby Cobra
    1991 Acura NSX
    2007 Saleen Mustang
    2005 Lotus Elise HRM
    2002 BMW M5
    2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    1966 Mustang Fastback
    1968 Firebird 400 Convertible
    1975 Ferrari 308 GT4
devil.gif
14k? They've got me interested.

get these silver spoons out of your mouth. i dont believe a single one of any of you guy's stories of hard upbringings.
but then i forget, 90% of yall are in dickbutt, middle america with nothing to do but stay home and trade stocks on the internet.

smh.gif
You stay trying to get at the stock traders. Are you mad I can sit around smoking bud from YOUR state (I live in NYC btw) all day and get the same, if not more, money than you?

Btw, I did a little bit of balling out last night. Turned 21 yesterday and had court for a felony case I caught. Turns out one of the key witnesses isn't willing to testify, so the DA is offering us A misdemeanors with 3 years probation (down from 2 counts of Robbery in the 2nd degree and 1 count of grand larceny). Turned it down because we're gonna beat the case. (If you're wondering, the "victim" is a drug dealer who deserved it)

So I partied it up, popped a few bottles, had a great time.

i thought you needed 25k to start a trading account in the us? how did you do it with 5k? please enlighten. what do you trade mostly?

Didn't day trade with the 5k, when I first started trading it was currencies. I moved into equities in Sept 2008 and it was mostly options that I traded.

Now I day trade shares, futures and options. I keep a core position of puts/calls for SPY (S&P 500 etf) that I offset depending on my expectations for the market.

My main focus is:
Spoiler [+]
Currencies:
USD/JPY
GBP/USD
EUR/USD

Commodities:
Dollar Index Futures
Silver Futures
Gold Futures
Platinum Futures
Crude Futures
Natural Gas Futures
Sugar Futures (Been following it since it broke out in December)

Bonds:
2 Year Treasury Note Futures
10 Year Treasury Note Futures

Equities
Nasdaq, Dow, Russell and S&P ETFs
Any stock that's in play (meaning it's moving, usually associated with heavy volume)
Once in a while, penny stocks

This is what I follow mainly. Although it may seem from that list that my focus is primarily on futures, I trade mainly stocks. I don't always have positions in all of the above but I focus my trading on them. For example, EUR/USD is a big part of the Dollar index so I focus on both but may only trade the Dollar Index unless the set up is specific to EUR/USD.
So you started off doing forex? now that they changed the law its gonna be alot harder for people like me to leverage 10k into 100k and the such huh? and thats the only real way to make real money, fast, in the forex market no?

You can make real money fast in the forex market but you can lose money faster. A LOT of people lose money with forex. First of all most forex brokers are scams. Plus it's extremely hard to trade a market that broad using leverage. I didn't use risk management when I first started trading currencies and that could've killed me. Paper trade before you get into any type of trading. Unless you're profitable on a paper money account, don't even think about risking real money.

I'm not a long term investor, I don't know or care what happens to corn unless it happens fast.

Sure you can have a fleet of ferraris when you 50, but you will NEVER have the same satisfaction as I will by having JUST 1 when im 25.
and if i pushin a camry in 2030 so be it.
you just said you'd probally be in one too.

laugh.gif
I might be in a Ferrari sooner than you will. I've said it before that in NYC, it's not always necessary to have a car. Plus I believe that you should have 10 times the value of the car before you purchase it so I'm not purchasing any Ferrari's any time soon. However...

I've figured out the perfect solution:
Classic Car Club Manhattan

Classic Car Club is the first automotive club of its kind in the world and has been turning wheels across Europe for 15 years. It's the smartest, easiest and most cost-effective way to drive fifty years of the greatest cars ever built.
So how does it work?
The concept is simple. Join the club and you get to drive all of our cars! There are no ownership or insurance requirements, no hassles, simply sign up and get behind the wheel, we take care of all the hard work.

Typical annual memberships work on a point system and range from $8,000-$14,000 per year and offer between 30 and 80 days driving depending on which cars you drive and when.

Just a few of the cars they have (they're constantly updating their inventory:
  • 2005 Ford GT
    2009 Nissan GT-R
    2005 Ferrari F430
    2006 Ariel Atom
    2006 Lamborghini Gallardo
    2002 Porsche 911 Turbo
    2008 Maserati Gran Turismo
    1969 Jaguar E-Type
    2007 Porsche GT3
    1996 Ferrari F355 GTS
    2007 Bentley GTC
    1970 Mercedes 280SE 3.5 Cabriolet
    2008 Audi R8
    1965 Shelby Cobra
    1991 Acura NSX
    2007 Saleen Mustang
    2005 Lotus Elise HRM
    2002 BMW M5
    2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    1966 Mustang Fastback
    1968 Firebird 400 Convertible
    1975 Ferrari 308 GT4
devil.gif
14k? They've got me interested.

get these silver spoons out of your mouth. i dont believe a single one of any of you guy's stories of hard upbringings.
but then i forget, 90% of yall are in dickbutt, middle america with nothing to do but stay home and trade stocks on the internet.

smh.gif
You stay trying to get at the stock traders. Are you mad I can sit around smoking bud from YOUR state (I live in NYC btw) all day and get the same, if not more, money than you?

Btw, I did a little bit of balling out last night. Turned 21 yesterday and had court for a felony case I caught. Turns out one of the key witnesses isn't willing to testify, so the DA is offering us A misdemeanors with 3 years probation (down from 2 counts of Robbery in the 2nd degree and 1 count of grand larceny). Turned it down because we're gonna beat the case. (If you're wondering, the "victim" is a drug dealer who deserved it)

So I partied it up, popped a few bottles, had a great time.

so you're a stock trading, wannabe jack boy, who wants to... *clears throat* TIME SHARE cars.
and you make more money than me right?
and im salty cause i smoke "bud" (legally i might add) and chill at the crib till i go to my lobby to sell someone something(s) that makes me atleast 150 or 450 dollars profit on the lowball.
you're right.

/thread.

and Kenn... honestly... i dont stick to one strain bro. La confidential, OG grandmaster, Fire OG... the whole list is at my disposal. it depends on if i wanna laugh, chill or go to sleep.
45 on the 8th too. oh yea... fyi... it burns better and releases more thc when its dry. super sticky buds tell you the grower rushed it to your connect. gotta get it dry!

and swizz... you just described what ya moms and pops did. stop being silly.
school is school. that dont got nothin to do with your parents.
you work at the same place as either of your parents?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

all this bafoonary going on in here

btw, Kicks...its nice to see what you got yourself into..im gonna take a page out of your book and see what I can do with some of the things you listed that I have never done before. thanks

-J23C

Originally Posted by swizzc

My dad is the CFO of a bank and my mom is a partner at an accounting firm. Dad drives a purple Ford 95 Windstar and my mom drives a 2003 Buick Park Avenue. BALLINNNNN
What bank is this? Is he the CFO of the whole company? Because you cant be a CFO of a single bank.

so you're a stock trading, wannabe jack boy, who wants to... *clears throat* TIME SHARE cars.
and im salty cause i smoke "bud" (legally i might add) and chill at the crib till i go to my lobby to sell someone something(s) that makes me atleast 150 or 450 dollars profit on the lowball.
you're right.

/thread.

You're right. /Thread. I was going to reply but I realized how stupid it would be to do so. You don't know me and I'm not going to waste my time arguing with fools on the internet..

BTW, that time share thing is still a great idea. I live in New York City, I don't always need a car. When I do, I'll pick up a ferrari or something nice from them to drive around in.

you're right.

/thread.

You're right. /Thread. I was going to reply but I realized how stupid it would be to do so. You don't know me and I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain my situation.

BTW, that time share thing is still a great idea. I live in New York City, I don't always need a car. When I do, I'll pick up a ferrari or something nice from them to drive around in. I'm averaging around $1200 a trading day this year (including the fact I didn't trade yesterday or today) so that 8-14k fee isn't too heavy.
so basically... right now.. you make about... roughly 300k a year eh?
ok bro. hi-5.
grin.gif

you wanted to get props or some exclusion from the silver spoon club by telling a story of trying to rob a drug dealer, getting caught, and copping a plea.
grin.gif

and i was talking ludicrious cause i mentioned a car for a certain price or people with big money i just happen to know.

grin.gif
is the face im making.

why am i even in here?

i was showed the "light" about the prices of these luxury cars. i shoulda just left then before i got everyone talkin reckless.

so basically... right now.. you make about... roughly 300k a year eh?
ok bro. hi-5.
grin.gif

you wanted to get props or some exclusion from the silver spoon club by telling a story of trying to rob a drug dealer, getting caught, and copping a plea.
grin.gif

and i was talking ludicrious cause i mentioned a car for a certain price or people with big money i just happen to know.

grin.gif
is the face im making.

why am i even in here?

i was showed the "light" about the prices of these luxury cars. i shoulda just left then before i got everyone talkin reckless.

smh.gif

First of all, I'm talking about 2010. I've been doing very well for the year. Good math btw, with 250 trading days in the year, if you extrapolate my average it IS 300,000k exact. Second, what I said had nothing to do with the "silver spoon club". I won't even get started on that.

I rejected the plea btw, we're taking it to trial unless they drop it down. I'm done arguing with you on here. If you want to talk, pm me.

kicksfiend how much does an eighth of cali dro go for in NYC? got me thinkin business.

kicksfiend how much does an eighth of cali dro go for in NYC? got me thinkin business.
trees go for double the price in NYC than it does in cali (gotta be the best from cali though). you can prolly make more money off that than other drugs, depending on clientele.

If we're just speculating here, I'd guess they'd use multiple turkey bags and encase it in something smell proof. I wouldn't know though.

its called a vacuum sealer and white girls in a inconspicuous vehicle.

and i doubt the #+%@ they called cali dro in NY is actually from cali, 100 bucks says most of it is from canada, which would be easier to ship than from cali. interstate trafficking is no joke.

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

You, Myself, and Kicks are all in the same boat.  Im 21 years old myself, in college, graduating next year all debt free because of the way I invest.  I just came into some money recently and am in the middle of debating what kind of car to get.  I have been driving the same car since I was 16, and its now 12 years old.  I was looking at getting an 07-08 BMW 750Li but at the end of the day I dont think I will get one.  Im the type of guy that will let the next man push the Rarri or Bentley, but overall I have more MONEY than them and could probably retire 15 years before they do. 
happy.gif

Low-Key balling is the name of my game.  I am the guy that has the money to spend, but until I make enough money to where I dont HAVE to work for a paycheck, I WANT to work for the sake of keeping busy, I just dont see myself buying a car of that magnitude or foolishly spending on things that lose value instead of gain value.

edit**  Not to throw out numbers..but Kicks has the right idea.  He has turned 5k into 100k since Sept. 08.  I have recently started trading in the market, and since April of 2009, I have turned $2300 into just under $25k (and its looking to skyrocket on some picks I am waiting on now)..I dont look to take that money out until I look to buy a house/condo/townhome in the near future.  I hope to be a hundred thousandaire by this time next year and a millionaire by 25 (liquid).  not bad considering I started less than a year ago
pimp.gif

;

pimp.gif

This man has the right idea. We're talking about BUILDING WEALTH. Not SHOWING OFF. The way I see it, Lulu from Paid in Full had the right idea. Stack your money and put it into things that will make you more money in the future. If you do it right, there WILL be time where you can cop that new Ferrari and put miles on it without a care. However, you gotta wait for that time or it'll never will come. If you make 300k a year, but every year you spend 250k, in 10 years you'll only have 500k saved up. That's not building wealth. I rather make 300k a year, spend no more than 100 and in 10 years have 2 mil saved up. THAT's building wealth

oh and for every1 D-riding these investment cats.

5k into 100?

how about flippin $750 into over 300k in 1 year.

there are ways to make money any way. youre not better than anyone just cause you go to college and can invest. and just cause you'd rather live a normal life with money in the bank compared to someone who spends their money on jewelry and cars, doesnt make you smarter either.
some people like to have fun in life. if going to college for 10 years is whats good to you, then more power to you, but that doesnt make you better.

First of all nobody is d-riding anybody. Most of the people in here who are talking about investments DO invest. We're not d-riding, we're just talking about using a common interest to achieve a common goal. Check the Stock Market thread if you don't believe me, the user names are the same.

Second, 5k into 100 or 750 into 300k. This isn't a competition. Money is money. What you got in your bank don't affect me. If you turned 750 into 300k then congrats, just keep making it. I wasn't trying to show off, I was just introducing situation and then giving my views. Turning 750 into 300k is great but I rather have what I did any day of the week. When I'm applying for a prop trading position and they look at my experience, that will help me out more than a college degree from Harvard will. Also, what people don't understand is with trading, returns are scalable. Meaning the more money I have, the more I make. 10% return off $10,000 is $1000 but 10% return off $50,000 is $5,000. The more I stack, the more I make. I don't know what business you're in, but I don't think it's as simple to scale your returns as it is with trading.

Third, no one said they were better than anyone else either. When I mentioned college, it was because I was trying to say that most people who go to college BLEED money. Some end up graduating in huge amounts of debt. My goal was to graduate WITH money and I'm on my way to doing so. No one was trying to say they were better than you for going to college. Also 10 years in college? Where they do that at? As for thinking I'm better cause I trade, I didn't mean it like that at all. However after thinking about it, it's not a bad job to have. I spend my days on TOS and various websites, watching Bloomberg, smoking weed (shipped straight from Cali) and basically chilling. I have no clients, no places to be, no bosses, and no one to complain when I decide to take the rest of the day off to chill with a shorty. I won't say I'm better than you cause I trade but I certainly don't think I'm worse off.

Don't feel insulted but it IS smarter to save your money than spend it. There's NO WAY you'll prove to me otherwise. Also, wanting to live a normal life and just stack money does not mean I'm not having fun or enjoying life. Having fun in life shouldn't equate to what car you drive or what jewelery you have. If it does, you're doing something wrong.
i hate it when investment nerds try to come off as ''cool'' or ''hood'' ..this dude stays sayin how he's from NYC smoking bud all day and chillen with shorties but yet he's watchin bloomberg
roll.gif
roll.gif

sounding like a hood version of
steve-01.jpg

Methodman- gives away the average working man's salary to charity on a monthly basis

Dirty- If not already rich...has all of the priorities and habits of  the wealthy

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ investment nerds..

dudes on NT are beyond foolish..

I can't believe how much I've been slacking on that investment thread, tho..
smh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom