Now that Manny got, got....who is the GREATEST hitter of our generation...with no *

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

y do people look at pictures from 5 years ago and post them with current ones like that proves they taken steriods?
Why can't you adress me since I was the one who posted it? I swear it irks the $@%# out of me when people do $@%# like that. I posted that picture of Albert from 05 because he hasn't changed a bit since then. Like I said earlier, I am not sure if Albert took anything or not, however his size was never "really jacked", like claimed by another poster.

u %*%!$*$ clown i agree with what you are saying dumb $@#
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
that's what i thought!

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

how long can you be a "great" defender in CF? it ain't first or third.

I hate it when people underrate how important or impactful a good defender at first can be they can turn errors into to outs and 1 outs into double plays.

I will give you that the athletic requirements may be higher at CF but you can say the same about SS and Omar Vizquel has been beasting with the glove foreverand Andrew Jones and Torri Hunter wile declining are still above average defenders in center.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Pujols > Griffey

Griffey has only hit .300 8 times in his 19 year career and only once in the last 12 years. I'm sorry, but a career .287 hitter cannot be considered the greatest hitter of our generation.

This is coming from somebody that has been borderline obsessed with Griffey since I was a little kid. The best PLAYER of this generation has to be Jr though.
smh.gif

i've followed baseball since i was a tot and you can NOT compare the two. griffey's swing is so pure and fundamental, and he never juiced up. you KNOW albert is on something.

griffey's stats are hurt by injuries and dude remained steroid free his entire career. no QUESTION, it's junior.

p.s. better defender by far, 5-tool player. not so for big al.

This is the type of blind Griffey $%!$ sucking that drives me up a wall.
laugh.gif

Why is Griffey considered a 5 tool player he only his hieghest single seasoon SB total was 24 and he got caught 7 times. You don't know Albert is onanything, the culture of cynicsm and guilty before proven innocent behavoir was cool at first now dudes are just taking it too far.
indifferent.gif

Grifffey cannot see Albert with the bat nobody except a couple guys named Babe, Lou and Ted can.

^^ as much as i love Griffey and as much as i think Pujols is or has been on something (i mean cmon he looks at least 10 years older than he is and look atthat motha @$#@*!+ head) my man above me is absolutely correct. I am a strong believer that anyone is innocent until otherwise proven guilty. Pujols andGriffey should both be debated as clean players as of now at least...

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I hate it when people underrate how important or impactful a good defender at first can be they can turn errors into to outs and 1 outs into double plays.
when and where did i "underrate" the importance of first? you can only play centerfield the way Junior did for so long.

when and where did i "underrate" the importance of first? you can only play centerfield the way Junior did for so long.

Jim Edmonds, Torri Hunter, and Andruw Jones are still out there and unlike Griff they didn't fall off a cliff when they got older.

Chipper Jones belongs in the discussion; he is the only player in MLB history to hit over 300 home runs and have a .300+ average.
*EDIT*
Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Chipper Jones belongs in the discussion; he is the only player in MLB history to hit over 300 home runs and have a .300+ average.
Who told you that lie?

I got that statistic from this article:
Chipper Jones: Greatest Pure Hitter To Play the Game?
Chipper Jones is one of the most cherished players ever to don the Braves uniform, but is he the greatest pure hitter ever to play the game? If you take a look at his career stats and compare them to other third basemen and switch hitters who have played, there might be an argument to suggest that he is at the top of the list.
Chipper Jones was drafted No. 1 in the 1990 MLB draft by the Atlanta Braves. He was a member of the 1995 World Series champions and finished second to Hideo Nomo in the rookie of the year balloting.

He has been a six-time All-Star, National League MVP, and this past year he won his first National League batting title. He has also been a part of 11 Division Championships and three National League Pennants.

He recently signed a three-year extension for $42 million that runs through 2013. At that time, Jones will probably decide to retire. If he continues at his current pace, he will end up with a career total of 524 home runs, 1766 RBI, and a .310 career batting average.

If you look at the third basemen currently in the Hall of Fame, the only one that would best his 524 home runs is Mike Schmidt with 548. Jones would be the overall leader of third basemen in RBI and would rank second only to Wade Boggs' .348 batting average.

Jones is the only player in major league history to have hit over 300 home runs and over a .300 batting average in his career.

In my opinion, the only switch hitter that can be compared to Jones is Mickey Mantle. Mantle had only 12 more home runs than Jones is on pace to hit, with over 250 fewer RBI, and was 12 percentage points lower in batting average.

When talking about switch hitters, last year Jones just missed out on the highest single season record for batting average. Mantle holds the record with a .365 average and Jones won the batting title with a .364 average after flirting with .400 most of the year.

People can say what they want, but when looking at Jones' numbers versus Hall of Famers, he has to be considered the greatest pure hitter ever to have played the game.

Only 3rd baseman I guess. Eh..
I should have checked first because it didn't sound right.
laugh.gif

grin.gif
@ me with the false stats. Thanks.

Vlad shares the MLB record with Lou Gehrig for consecutive seasons with at least 25 HR and at least .300 Batting Average.

He has done it for 11 consecutive seasons.

It's pretty amazing how he can maintain that avg while swinging oustide the strike zone more than any other player in baseball.

Also some other notes are a 31 game hit streak as an expo and winning the home run derby as an Angel.

Furthermore, he doesn't even wear batting gloves which is gangster.

Too bad he is on a decline with all his injuries.

As a fan of the Angels, it would suck to find out if he wasn't clean.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Pujols > Griffey

Griffey has only hit .300 8 times in his 19 year career and only once in the last 12 years. I'm sorry, but a career .287 hitter cannot be considered the greatest hitter of our generation.

This is coming from somebody that has been borderline obsessed with Griffey since I was a little kid. The best PLAYER of this generation has to be Jr though.
that's all that really matters...

Originally Posted by 4thand10

no he's not.

1. Ken
2. Griffey
3. Jr.
4. Delgado.
5. F.Thomas.

Honorable Mentions
Mike Piazza
Jim Thome

(Based on power numbers)

what exactly is a hitter?

i choose my japanese homie, ichiro suzuki
ichiro.jpg

co-greatest powerful hitter: griffey and pujols
griffey-mariners.jpg
pujols.jpg

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

y do people look at pictures from 5 years ago and post them with current ones like that proves they taken steriods?
Why can't you adress me since I was the one who posted it? I swear it irks the $@%# out of me when people do $@%# like that. I posted that picture of Albert from 05 because he hasn't changed a bit since then. Like I said earlier, I am not sure if Albert took anything or not, however his size was never "really jacked", like claimed by another poster.

u %*%!$*$ clown i agree with what you are saying dumb $@#
laugh.gif
LMAO

Originally Posted by JaFlash

Vlad shares the MLB record with Lou Gehrig for consecutive seasons with at least 25 HR and at least .300 Batting Average.

He has done it for 11 consecutive seasons.

It's pretty amazing how he can maintain that avg while swinging oustide the strike zone more than any other player in baseball.

Also some other notes are a 31 game hit streak as an expo and winning the home run derby as an Angel.

Furthermore, he doesn't even wear batting gloves which is gangster.

Too bad he is on a decline with all his injuries.

As a fan of the Angels, it would suck to find out if he wasn't clean.
Albert Pujols hasnt hit under .300.......under 30 home runs and under 100 RBI in a season EVER....................Wanna re-think your choice?? (9years BTW)

Anybody without this man on their roster has never seen what he can do..........or are just plain biased or blind

Jim Edmonds, Torri Hunter, and Andruw Jones are still out there and unlike Griff they didn't fall off a cliff when they got older.
I'm pretty sure if those 3 players suffered the severity of the injuries Griffey had to endure for several seasons (all season ending), thoseguys would be liabilities at this stage of their careers as well.

...and Jones for the record is fat, he is a liability. Hunter is only 33 years old...Griffey is pushing 40.
indifferent.gif

To say this isn't even a debate considering you think griff is over-rated to begin with, we'll take your opinion with a grain of salt.

FYI...how old are you? Just wondering......

I'm sure Vlad has juiced at one time or another. Manny is still top 5. But Griff, Ichiro, Gwynn are probably the top 3 imo.

My yuku profile says 21

You don't get accolades for a hypothetical, it's sad that Griffey was injured through most of his career and it probably contributed to his precipitousdrop in in his defensive aptitude (Vernon Wells had the same thing and he is pretty much useless now) but I'm not going to crown him the greatest based onmaybes.

When Griffey was on he was an elite center feilder but he wasn't on for long.

Back
Top Bottom