No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

Bey can't dance, Ain't no one checking for Prince smh

My dude you wildin right now

Beyoncé evolved as a dancer as her career grew but when she first came out, she was bopping and doing basic choreographed dances.

Beyoncé a better entertainer than Whitney but Whitney has a more superior voice than Beyoncé

Whitney has one of the greatest voices ever, no one will ever dispute that save for Fools wildin in here :lol:

Some of this Bey hate is borderline obsessions, haters know more about her than fans do

I'm definitely not saying he isn't a genius. I just feel people weren't really into him before his death. I mean you can say he sold out concerts and sold millions of albums but that's what a lot of artist do.

Purple rain til this day has sold 13,000,000 albums. 750k of those sold the week he died so I'm guessing there's a good chunk that has been sold after his death. I'm pretty sure Dave Chappelle's skits sold him a couple albums too. For example, Don't be cruel has sold 8,000,000 just in US sales without a death bump and is 5 years younger than Purple Rain.

My mom in law said back in her day that a lot of people didn't really like Prince like that. I think he was bigger internationally compared to in the US.

I'm not knocking him at all. He is a musical genius. But just cause he is a genius doesn't mean every loved him, especially compared to Michael. Waaay more creative than Mike, but creativity doesn't mean more enjoyable or likable. I feel a lot of people were put off by his different look and style. Teens up to 30 year olds probably couldn't tell you more than 1 of his songs but they'll tell you he was the dude from chappelle show lol

View media item 2325078

To those defending and riding for Beyoncé, do y'all listen to her music often? Genuinely asking. I don't listen to her music at all lol. It's not for me and I don't know many men that listen to her like other female legends. I got mad Whitney, Janet and MJB in my library and zero Beyoncé.

Last edited:
No way you gave a girl under 40 and don't hear Beyoncé from her or her people on regular

To those defending and riding for Beyoncé, do y'all listen to her music often? Genuinely asking. I don't listen to her music at all lol. It's not for me and I don't know many men that listen to her like other female legends. I got mad Whitney, Janet and MJB in my library and zero Beyoncé.

I've probably never sat down and listened to a Beyoncé album....but I've heard 85% of her songs....repeatedly over time throughout various mediums. I see the appeal.

Beyoncé is rare in that she unapologetically appeals to women. I think she's proud of that. I think it's dope. It's equivalent to rappers that make strictly for the streets type of music.

While Beyoncé's music is not for me.....I see the obvious talent, hear the obvious appeal, and appreciate her music.

He wasn't. :lol:

You comparing Bobby's peak to Prince's down time (and he still had a big hit at that time). Bobby's prime to Prince's prime ain't in the same league.

Bobby had a short window then was all the madness between him and Whitney.

Now you're getting into specifics lol. Does that really matter tho? We do that all the time with athletes lol so why is it different with music? We aren't comparing prime to prime. I never said prime Bobby was better. I'm talking Bobby.

"Don't be cruel" was better than "Diamonds and Pearl's", which wasn't a #1 album, and was neck and neck with MJ's "Bad". If you're saying those were the biggest dudes out, that's saying something.

That's like saying Tony Romo is with Peyton and Brady. :lol:

Bobby Brown should never, ever ever be mentioned with Prince and MJ.

Man trying to talk about Beyoncé to a Beyoncé fan is a headache :lol:

They swear up and down she can do no wrong. Every song she comes out with they drooling over. They scared to be critical of her. Beyoncé has come out with some trash songs.

That fan base is something else :lol:

So if someone can sing or dance better than Michael Jackson, that means they're better than him?

So

Chris Brown > Michael Jackson

Alternative facts logic :lol:

You trynna tell me Beyonce got a better voice than Aaliyah? Before you answer this, let me remind you, Aaliyah passed away.

You gon tell me Beyonce better than Aaliyah?

They swear up and down she can do no wrong. Every song she comes out with they drooling over. They scared to be critical of her. Beyoncé has come out with some trash songs.

That base is something else :lol:

It's actually like that for our 80's and 90's stars. When they are mentioned they are just the best of the best with no contest and no one is seeing them or ever will. Meanwhile the people at the top of our era, Drake, Beyonce, and Lebron are the most hated and criticized people online. That's just how it is now

I must concede that Bobby Brown should be considered as one of the best entertainers on the strength of his monstrous popularity during that "Don't Be Cruel" run. That shouldn't be taken lightly at all. I was a kid living in Germany during that time, and he was in that conversation with Prince and MJ. Outside of Rick James, they were his biggest inspirations. But, putting "Don't Be Cruel" against "Diamonds & Pearls"?... lol...Prince released 3-4 albums while Bobby was still working "Don't Be Cruel", and sales were never Prince's strongest suit, outside of "Purple Rain", "1999", "Sign O' The Times", and maybe, "Batman".

You trynna tell me Beyonce got a better voice than Aaliyah? Before you answer this, let me remind you, Aaliyah passed away.

You gon tell me Beyonce better than Aaliyah?

giphy.gif

It's actually like that for our 80's and 90's stars. When they are mentioned they are just the best of the best with no contest and no one is seeing them or ever will. Meanwhile the people at the top of our era, Drake, Beyonce, and Lebron are the most hated and criticized people online. That's just how it is now

I'd like to say it's mainly because of the era and the talent it took to make it. Most of the artists in the 80's and 90's could sing, produce, play an instrument, etc. While today, it's hard to find an artist who can actually sing.

I'd never even consider a Beyonce vs Aaliyah though, that's a dumb battle since their styles were different. There's no denying what Aaliyah was and was becoming prior to her death which could've been what Beyonce is now. Aaliyah was only 22 when she died, extremely young w/ her whole future a head of her.

Now I'd entertain a Beyonce vs Mariah since their styles seem to be more similar.

Cats up in here really putting Bobby Brown on the same level as MJ and Prince (lmao).That little movie must have yall gassed on something serious.When it comes to Sports and Entertainment,theres levels to it.If you was alive back then.Then you know Bobby was a Star.But he wasnt on Michaels and Prince Star level.The only singers that where close to that level back then.Was Marvin Gaye and George Michaels.If were talking levels.Bobby wasnt even on George Michaels level.In my opinion.Bobby is number 4-6 in most popular in the mid 80,s-early 90,os.Found out Prince taught himself how to play guitar (self taught).He cleaned up around a studio in the late 70,s to get studio time because he didn't have money to record.George Michael was bashed by his family repeatedly.Everyone telling him he couldn't sing.Dude could actually sing.I dont recall national broadcasting T.V. stations blocking out shows to premiere Bobby Brown videos.Dont get me wrong,Bobby was big.And he might be some of yalls favorite.But he wasnt on those guys levels at all.These are facts.I went to Prince/Bobby/GM concerts back then.Bobby was no where close to those 2 guys.So yall should know better to even put his name with MJ,s.

I can't even listen to Beyonce music like that. **** is too feminine and girl powerish. Sade is really the only female I listen and Aaliyah's first album.

I must concede that Bobby Brown should be considered as one of the best entertainers on the strength of his monstrous popularity during that "Don't Be Cruel" run. That shouldn't be taken lightly at all. I was a kid living in Germany during that time, and he was in that conversation with Prince and MJ. Outside of Rick James, they were his biggest inspirations. But, putting "Don't Be Cruel" against "Diamonds & Pearls"?... lol...Prince released 3-4 albums while Bobby was still working "Don't Be Cruel", and sales were never Prince's strongest suit, outside of "Purple Rain", "1999", "Sign O' The Times", and maybe, "Batman".

I never put those albums against each other. Homie did that to try to elevate Bobby. :lol: We know Bobby was big but he never had that Prince and Mike status.

I'd like to say it's mainly because of the era and the talent it took to make it. Most of the artists in the 80's and 90's could sing, produce, play an instrument, etc. While today, it's hard to find an artist who can actually sing.

I'd never even consider a Beyonce vs Aaliyah though, that's a dumb battle since their styles were different. There's no denying what Aaliyah was and was becoming prior to her death which could've been what Beyonce is now. Aaliyah was only 22 when she died, extremely young w/ her whole future a head of her.

Now I'd entertain a Beyonce vs Mariah since their styles seem to be more similar.

Agree with this, even though I didn't care for Aaliyah much. People might get mad, but I looked at her as a better singing Ciara who couldn't (or didn't) dance.

Beyonce vs Mariah Carey is definitely a better comparison too.

Last edited:
The music was better but was it more creative?

What whitney houston song is "artistic" or creative?

For ex...beyonce "if i were a boy"
Are you making up your own definition for what artistic means?

What makes Beyonce's music "creative"?

Man putting Whitney's voice aside her artistry still better.

man what? What determines that?
The music.

Beyoncé isn't gonna song the national anthem like Whitney or even blow like her
I already said put Whitney's voice aside.
the same way Whitney would never put on a show like Beyoncé dancing across the stage for 2 hours straight.
What the **** does that have to do with anything?

I'm simply talking about the music.
How do you know this?
What do you mean how do I know this? :lol:

I'm talking about right now. As of right now she has none.

Beyoncé is still in the now
And right now she has none.

how you feel about Whitney 18-30 year olds may feel that about Beyoncé
You need to look up Whitney's catalog bruh. She aint have to wait until she was old to have classics.

You talking like from 30-50 Beyonce is gonna hit this next level in her music and start dropping timeless music. If she hasn't by now she probably won't. At best she got a chance for one or 2. More likely her fans are gonna try to force some single as some classic.
Just want to make one thing VERY CLEAR. I've been to a Beyoncé show and she definitely doesn't dance across stage for two hours straight. She does more clothing changes than songs and it's absurd.
If dudes want to make that argument they can have it.

:lol: at Beyoncé not making "classic music".

There's a whole demographic of women.....who are 18-30 right now.....that will fight you if you said:

-Irreplaceable
-Crazy in love
-Single ladies
-Get me bodied
-Drunk in love

Etc etc etc aren't "classics" to them.

Beyoncé is dope and crazy talented.
All really good hits. Classics? C'mon son. I don't care about the Beehive.

That's like MJ fanatic refusing to admit Thriller isn't his best work.

Never said she wasn't talented or dope. I'm not hating. I'm just talking about ppl's places in comparison to legends and icons.

Last edited:
Agree with this, even though I didn't care for Aaliyah much. People might get mad, but I looked at her as a better singing Ciara who couldn't (or didn't) dance.

Beyonce vs Mariah Carey is definitely a better comparison too.
Alot of ppl don't realize Aaliyah was second/third to Brandy for sure and MAYBE Monica (sales and popularity) especially SALES, Brandy first 2 albums sold 22 million (6 with first one and 16 with second one).

Back
Top Bottom