No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

How could I forget Brandy and Monica. Damn, I got damn near their whole catalogues in my library. Seen both live and that **** was great. They can both sing their ***** off for real. I play so much of their music still. It's unreal.

It's sad that Brandy and Monica don't get their dues. Not sure why either. They're rarely talked about now.

Last edited:
Monica was weak to me.

Like always just on the verge of being really top notch.

Brandy had that sittin up in my room joint.

How could I forget Brandy and Monica. Damn, I got damn near their whole catalogues in my library. Seen both live and that **** was great. They can both sing their ***** off for real. I play so much of their music still. It's unreal.

It's sad that Brandy and Monica don't get their dues. Not sure why either. They're rarely talked about now.
Far as people in the industry (especially Brandy) she for sure get her dues. So many ppl talk about her and her vocal skills.

Far as people in the industry (especially Brandy) she for sure get her dues. So many ppl talk about her and her vocal skills.

They got it then, I don't hear many people calling them legends or talking about their impact or careers. It's some BS. Both of them got classics.

Monica was weak to me.

Kill yo self

Brandy was too dope man. Her voice is refreshing. Everything about her was just right at the time.

I feel like brandy peaked too early. Especially in looks (as shallow as it sounds)....it mattered somewhat.

95-2000 brandy is stuff of legends.

I love me some Brandy :pimp:

She should be bigger than what she is now. She's never discussed when folks wanna mention MJB and such.

Darkchild blowing up really hurt her career IMO

Plus she took too much time between albums, too many girls came and took that spot in four years

Last edited:
Darkchild blowing up really hurt her career IMO

Plus she took too much time between albums, too many girls came and took that spot in four years

How did dark child blowing up hurt her career? What's the story behind it?

How did dark child blowing up hurt her career? What's the story behind it?

He produced the bulk of her biggest album, which in turned blew him up. Then during her hiatus he became one of the biggest producers in the music industry. Though they worked together on her next album, he was the executive producer, she latered talked about how really it wasn't the same as it was production by committee. He had mostly ghostproducers and his name attached.

She alluded to him working with other artists. I look at it more like he was major and he just wasn't available to be there like in 98. Plus during that time is sound was all over the radio when at one point it was her sound, or atleast starting to be

So if someone can sing or dance better than Michael Jackson, that means they're better than him?

So

Chris Brown > Michael Jackson

Alternative facts logic :lol:

Gonna dead the issue after this post on it...

Beyoncé = choreograph dancing. Someone teaching her.

Aaliyah, Mya, Ciara = gifted dancers who do their own choreography routines and can freestyle dance off the top of their head.

If someone called them up to dance on the spot, they could come up with **** on the go. Beyoncé couldn't. She's better now as a dancer than she was. Beyoncé was out there doing stuff like seductive movements to the camera. On her knees or on the ground twirling for the camera. That weird **** when she would pop her back or whatever that was. When she would pop would look like she was having a siezures. Then she was doing cheerleading routines and step show type stuff.

It's like a person who understands how to play basketball and do the basics vs someone who's a hooper. You can teach her to do a routine and she'll learn it, but she won't be able to just go out and do it without help and practice. Her dancers always outshine her, but y'all aren't paying attention to that lol.

Aaliyah and Mya are female counterparts to Usher. Aaliyah was constantly dancing with Ginuwine too. Beyoncé would be a lesser version of Mario in comparison and that's being generous.

And for the guy that mentioned Michael Jackson vs Chris Brown. You're talking eras. Michael was a dancer. We've seen it countless times. You don't have signature dance moves and not be a dancer. The **** Chris Brown is doing is an evolution from James, then Michael and then Usher. He's on a whole new level. Does that mean he's a better dancer than Michael was during his time? No.

But the difference is Aaliyah and Mya were far better dancers than Beyonce has ever shown.

Watch Mya's videos; case of the ex, moving on, free my love is like whoa, it's all about me.

Watch Aaliyah's; Are you that somebody, one in a million, we need a resolution, try again, rock the boat, more than a woman.

Those are dancers. No comparison.

Aaliyah is the definition of they love u when your dead. She would be with the rest of her counterparts if she were alive, no way she would be anything close to B. Me being from Detroit get to hear people overrate her all the time. Sad what happened to her tho, was real ****** up but I think she would be like most people from that time right now.

Boy I swear Aaliyah's vocal ability and her dancing skills sure did get a mega boost after she passed. I really tried ignoring seeing her name just to be respectful but since we're here, Aaliyah was an average singer and a average dancer who happened to have some great music.

Last edited:
Yeah she had flawless production and great lyrics. He died right when she was getting ready to hit her stride :smh:

Yeah she had flawless production and great lyrics. He died right when she was getting ready to hit her stride :smh:

How do you know her peak wasn't one in a million though? This is why bringing her up when discussing Beyoncé isn't fair for either one them.

Last edited:
How do you know her peak wasn't one in a million though? This is why bringing her up when discussing Beyoncé isn't fair for either one them.

He just said "her stride".....which she was hitting at the time she passed. Who knows how long that would've lasted....but she def had a lot of momentum and a new image/direction going on at the time she passed.

Rock the boat :pimp:

FTR I don't think she would've been as big as Beyoncé per se....but she woulda had a nice run as an adult R&B singer.

Last edited:
Rock the boat was the best thing aleeah ever made.

Andf its GREAT i can listen 2 that joint over and over never gets dated or old.

Everything else she made was trash.
Id probably fall asleep and crash listening to them snooze tracks.

She had no soul in her voice

Weak frail voice.

Rip

Aaliyah was headed there. Album just dropped and had movie roles lined up. We would never know if she would be on a level of Beyoncé.

Back
Top Bottom