No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

SC kid SC kid run this fade shorty.

"One in a million" is a staple 90s song. Not to mention the other loads of hit Aaliyah had.

Forwarding your post to DMX's manager. ***** talking reckless about baby girl :smh: :lol:

Yalls sentimentality is clouding your criticism

She couldnt sing for ****

I'm not gonna say she was terrible at all, Cuz 4 pg letter was the ****. But it was carried alot by production and that whole camp is irrelevant today. Beyonce reinvented herself into a icon. U just can't make that comparison at all, Beyonce is one of those one of a kind types. As much as people aren't gonna admit it she's the icon of this generation, the mj/prince etc.

She couldnt sing for ****

One and a million is a classic album but this is true, her voice was below average and she did nothing but basic *** dance moves. Her live performances were even worse. Now all of sudden she was a great singer and dancer. Her movie career was looking up but her music would've been a mystery. Her first single off her 3rd album wasn't even in the top 50 hot 100. she died when rock the boat was released so we don't know what success her 2nd single would've had if she didn't pass.

What you talking about Aaliyah the album man near flawless she was mos def hitting her groove

I guess I need to go back and watch videos, cause I don't remember Aaliyah dancing :lol: :lol: and I mean really dancing, like MJ/Chris Brown/Ciara type stuff. I mostly remember her just vibing to music and doing choreographed Rock The Boat/Back Back Back and Forth type stuff

Btw Aaliyah was no where near Bey level right now o was just acknowledging that she was dope and had a amazing body of songs.

Also it's such a cheap and corny ***** argument to say any praise someone give a deceased artist is cause of sentiment. It's dimissive and lazy as ****.

I guess I need to go back and watch videos, cause I don't remember Aaliyah dancing :lol: :lol: and I mean really dancing, like MJ/Chris Brown/Ciara type stuff. I mostly remember her just vibing to music and doing choreographed Rock The Boat/Back Back Back and Forth type stuff

Ask that dude who said nobody listens to prince like that, he's the one making aaliyah out to be turbo

Last edited:
Btw Aaliyah was no where near Bey level right now o was just acknowledging that she was dope and had a amazing body of songs.

Also it's such a cheap and corny ***** argument to say any praise someone give a deceased artist is cause of sentiment. It's dimissive and lazy as ****.

Yup.

And Mambalorian Mambalorian , is the only person I've EVER heard say dancing was Aaliyah and Mya's strong points.

They'll tell you it wasn't their damn selves :lol:

Aaliyah had that soft sexy voice. I would much rather listen to her than somebody like Mariah.

That One In A Million album is perfect. Her voice on those Timbo beats. :smh: :pimp:

She died at the age of 22, so of course not :lol:

I honestly don't even think Aaliyah would even have been making much music as time went on and made the transition to acting primarily. Thing is, unfortunately, we'll never know.

Ask that dude who said nobody listens to prince like that, he's the one making aaliyah out to be turbo

Y'all ****** gonna hear what you wanna hear. I never once said Aaliyah was a great singer. Never said anything about her voice at all.

What I did say was Whitney and Keke Wyatt vocally over Beyoncé and it not being close.

Y'all ****** gonna hear what you wanna hear. I never once said Aaliyah was a great singer. Never said anything about her voice at all.

What I did say was Whitney and Keke Wyatt vocally over Beyoncé and it not being close.

Who said the singing part was directed towards you?

You trynna tell me Beyonce got a better voice than Aaliyah? Before you answer this, let me remind you, Aaliyah passed away.

You gon tell me Beyonce better than Aaliyah?

Last edited:
Aaliyah is what Tinashe is to the game right now. If Tinashe died, would she be praised as a legend?

Aaliyah is what Tinashe is to the game right now. If Tinashe died, would she be praised as a legend?

Wtf is this nonsense, Aaliyah had classic records, Trashe doesn't. Aaliyah's classic songs doesn't take away from the fact that she was vocally limited and a basic dancer.

Last edited:
Tinashe has not come anywhere CLOSE to having records of the magnitude that Aaliyah did.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom